Any suggestions?

Jiffy

I am looking for a good free Mmorpg.

i played Priston Tale a while back and enjoyed it immensly, before i go and dl it again i was wondering if there were any others of the same calibur?

if so, what?

thanks...for some reason i have the urge to play something like that again.

I got your free MMORPG right here.

Planeshift

It's an open beta...been that way for 4 years. They are completely re-vamping the game right now, and it sounds like they may actually be close to releasing a proper beta.

doesn't look too bad, either...

hydlaa04.jpg

tavern4.jpg

edit: oh, the term "beta" is kind of deceiving in this particular instance. the developers promise that the game will be free, so if it's ever "done" it will still be just like it is now, download and play. I tried it awhile back, didn't do much, basically loaded it and walked around for a few minutes...or tried too. way too much vid lag on my GeForce2, so I gave up.

HORRIBLE.

it looked so promising too... :(

wow, horrid.

Priston Tale is the best i have played but dont feel like starting over, so maybe i will just go play Call of Duty...

sigh. :bang:

its fantasy with two different "types" of civilizations. one being magical the other being strength. You can have different classes as well and gender.

it has alot of possibilities. There is an economy system that is quite good.

You lvl up and buy armour/weapons and try to complete missions.

its fun, but it took a little while to get there.

enjoy kenger ;)

care to elaborate on the "horrid" part?

what exactly is it that sucks so much? as I understand it, the team is doing a major overhaul, like completely redoing the story, setting, etc. and it sounds like it may actually be close to release. I think they decided there was too many fantasy mmorpgs so they're doing a different setting, space, I think...I'd have to read their forums again.

in the mean time, tell us what sucked about Planeshift.

the lag was bad and i have a darn good computer.

the gfx werent as good as the SS.

it felt too choppy.

The races were very limited, and there isnt even combat? i read on the forums...o well.

i will look at outpost.

(edited)

it was a lil slow for me. i did enjoy it for a couple of months though.

the thing was i wanted like a fantasy type setting.

and i suck at warcraft, so i dont touch my FT cd

Edited by Jiffy

your best bet is to wait until EverQuest 2 comes out jiffy. It is most likely the best and most experience game / designers dealing with mmorpg. The 15 dollars seems like a lot but its nothing compared to the enjoyment you have playing it. *note* you probally wont have a life for a few months after you first start playing it.

Thats the game i am waiting for to come out, until then i am going to play a bunch of free ones and just fart around on cs and cod.

Swg is quite boring now for me. :-/

If you want a fantasy rpg that will take up a LOT of time, try out The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Since it's single player it has the luxury of creating a great story, yet it still has a huge world to explore, and enough side quests that you don't even have to touch the main story. It owned my time for a good few months and I don't even like RPGs.

If you must have the multiplayer, try out Neverwinter Nights. I hear that some servers are "persistant worlds" or a massivly multiplayer online rpg with no monthly fee.