help out a poor kid

Preacher

Hey I got a kid that needs a computer for college, I have most everything but I want him to be able to play CS and stuff too. I am donating all my junk but I have very little money so I can't complete it. If any of you guys have some extra stuff lying around that you don't need I'ld be very appriciative and even give you tax credit as I'm giving him the computer from the church.

I need a socket A cpu 266fsb or better due to motherboard

HDD at least 10 gb

ddr ram at least 256mb (MB won't read less)

Gamers are by nature awesome people, Eric will be thrilled when he sees the PC. :)

all that's left is a CPU and it's a complete PC.

I have a 17" monitor 2 network 10/100 cards and some keyboards I would be willing to give for it if someone is in need. Sold or gave away all my other extra stuff at FF04.

(edited)

It has onboard 32mb shared so yours is better. I was only asking for minimum stuff to get em going but if you have it extra I know he won't complain about that upgrade lol.

Oh and I weep for your dead ATI 9800 :(

Edited by Preacher

I have a Socket A "Athlon" 1 GHz processor. I'm assume it's 266 fsb or greater, it's not an Athlon XP, just a first gen Athlon, still works fine, last I checked. It ran everything up through UT2003 just fine with 512 mb of pc133 RAM and a GeForce 2. I'll send it tomorrow (Monday) if you want it.

Glad to help.

(edited)

What a great group of guys. :)

I appriciate you all more than you know.

Make sure you guys include a return address and your real names so I can send you a tax credit for your donations. I'm giving him the computer from the church, but I will make special mention of you guys that have such a giving spirit.

Edited by Preacher

Hey just to let you guys know in less than 24 hours I have everything including a CPU donated by our community [VI] Lazerus, All-Kill3r and (MMMM) Crowbar are awesome to hook my friend Eric up. He's a good kid so helping him out is really cool. He doesn't know I'm doing it yet so this is fun lol

Hey guys I relly appriciate you and I know my friend Eric will too.

dang...where's all this love in the community coming from?

first we .gc-ers raise money for...uuumm....something....

then the hardware fellows help put a whole pc together for a gamer in need.

it makes me all choked up inside

Helping him to play CS while at college is helping him? You gonna monitor his grades??? o0o:freak:

I can't imagine going through college with the gaming as it is today....although I might have stayed on campus for the connection!!

I can't imagine going through college with the gaming as it is today....although I might have stayed on campus for the connection!!

Hehe.

YOu couldn't be more correct in everything that you just said.

o0o College sux if you are a gamer. :twitch:

Dorm internet is usually great for ping though.