CS Source video

san`

It just looks like CS with better physics and graphics. I would have expected updated weapons and a completely new map set. The gameplay is tired and old, new modes of play should be introduced. Very disappointing.

You see you have misled yourself into thinking CS: Source is CS: 2; which it isn't at all.

CS: Source is CS 1.6 being converted to the newest valve graphics engine.

Which is the Source engine of course!!!!

Now i can see how u would be disappointed if you were led into thinking this was CS: 2.

However, your statements are all moot if you consider that this is CS with a "new skin"

So yeah the weapons, gameplay, and skins for that matter a almost the same.

But that's what they set out to do with CS: Source.

So by your statement you just underlined the fact that valve has done everything with CS: Source that they set out to do. 8P)

If you get HL2 and start playing HL1: Source(which may be included)first by mistake, don't be surprised that it's a lot like HL 1 from a couple years back. :D

It just looks like CS with better physics and graphics.  I would have expected updated weapons and a completely new map set.  The gameplay is tired and old, new modes of play should be introduced.  Very disappointing.

You see you have misled yourself into thinking CS: Source is CS: 2; which it isn't at all.

CS: Source is CS 1.6 being converted to the newest valve graphics engine.

Which is the Source engine of course!!!!

Now i can see how u would be disappointed if you were led into thinking this was CS: 2.

However, your statements are all moot if you consider that this is CS with a "new skin"

So yeah the weapons, gameplay, and skins for that matter a almost the same.

But that's what they set out to do with CS: Source.

So by your statement you just underlined the fact that valve has done everything with CS: Source that they set out to do. 8P)

If you get HL2 and start playing HL1: Source(which may be included)first by mistake, don't be surprised that it's a lot like HL 1 from a couple years back. :D

Such Hostilities!

Someone here stated that any reference to CS2 should now be referenced as CS Source. So, I assumed CS Source IS CS2. Glad to hear it isn't.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

God they best fix those horrible default sounds in CS though and not use them in CS:S. If I knew how and where to find a skin/sound pack for cs 1.6 with Steam, I would download it and have installed it already. Blah.

God they best fix those horrible default sounds in CS though and not use them in CS:S.

If I'm not mistaking, the Valve boys went out and shot all the weapons to try to get the sounds right and changed some of guns models and action just for CS: S.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I have a few simple hopes for CS: S, and I thnk Valve may, for a change actually meet them...

1) It's not a beta. CS 1.6 is a beta. Source better not be a beta.

2) Updated eye-candy without destroying my FPS.. just good enough that it looks purdy.

3) SHOTS THAT REGISTER - EVERY TIME. I'm sick of shooting through people.

4) Fixed interp. No more people getting kills because they have bad reaction speed.

5) A few changes to maps to "mix it up".

The only bad thing I've heard is that they're taking out boosting for no apparent reason.. boosting is one of the things that makes CS CS and not rainbow 6. I could give a crap if it's realistic - it makes it more fun.

1) It's not a beta. CS 1.6 is a beta. Source better not be a beta.

2) Updated eye-candy without destroying my FPS.. just good enough that it looks purdy.

3) SHOTS THAT REGISTER - EVERY TIME. I'm sick of shooting through people.

4) Fixed interp. No more people getting kills because they have bad reaction speed.

1. You have to have a beta before a retail version. 1.6 is a retail version of CS which was in beta for years. Source isn't a beta, it's the name of the new valve graphical engine.

2. This can't be done for everyone that has purchased a video card in the past 4 years. Someone is gonna have to compromise.

3. Fix your aim 8P):D .

4. ? :unsure:

5. They are all being converted to the Source engine so it's gonna be different.

I have a few simple hopes for CS: S, and I thnk Valve may, for a change actually meet them...

1) It's not a beta.  CS 1.6 is a beta.  Source better not be a beta.

3) SHOTS THAT REGISTER - EVERY TIME.  I'm sick of shooting through people.

4) Fixed interp.  No more people getting kills because they have bad reaction speed.

The only bad thing I've heard is that they're taking out boosting for no apparent reason.. boosting is one of the things that makes CS CS and not rainbow 6.  I could give a crap if it's realistic - it makes it more fun.

How is 1.6 a beta? Sorry, it is not. Steam isn't even a beta. It is just in the early stages of it's "RTM" version.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Hah - 1.6 is a beta. Is that necessairly the right title? Nope. Does that change anything? Nope.

They are chaning gameplay constantly since 1.6 came out. 1.6 is constantly changing. What the hell kind of poor developer is constantly changing major gameplay aspects in it's game?

1. The AWP - Yeah, let's fix a "bug" after 4 years.

2. de_nuke - People are complaining they have to change up their gamma so they can see things! We better fix this! Also make it so that you can't break the tables or the box - that affected gameplay quite a bit.

3. Crosshair - This was the worst.. changing the one thing that had never changed until now. What a good idea.

In repsonse to birdman..

2. With the relase of 1.6 there were several FPS related problems for many people out of no where - I personally think it's because of steam using resources but that's just me.

3. I could make an hour long video of shots not registering, whether it be from adminmod, amx, or bad programming I don't really care.

4. Type in ex_interp 0. Your shots will hit differently, generally they'll hit where you shoot atleast somewhat better. I cant' even count every time I've been running, been fully behind the wall only to die because of interp - someone missing me, but shooting behind me where my hitbox was "lagged" to.

5. Yup, I know - and I'm fairly happy about it :].

Dweez, to reiterate (spelling?) Beta might not be the right "title" to it, however if you're constantly changing gameplay it may as well be one.

5. Yup, I know - and I'm fairly happy about it :].

Me too! ;)

I wish the "beta" for it would come out so I could play it.

Steam was gonna open it for download to peeps yesterday, but then it got delayed.

:disgust::rolleyes:

cheese and wine. mmmmm :)

i like cs now better then before, thats just me though. I wouldn't mind bunny hopping coming back, but thats about it...

shots not registering has been an issue for years, nothing new. although i personally don't have a problem with shots not registering... i think thats more a user end thing, i put it on someones head and shoot and they die...

interp is nothing new either. this was an issue long ago.

people complaining of updates is not new either. People complained before Steam took over, and still complain. Probably the same people.

They haven't changed the game all that much really. Its still the same. If it really urk's you this bad play sumtin else. :rolleyes: or take a break. I took atleast a year of no cs, maybe more and came back to it and didn't loose any skill over that much time. Its the same game.

OH NO ! i cant break a box that i could 5 years ago !.... please.

and FPS is taking a hit ? whats it matter if your FPS drop down to 200 from 300 ? rofl, cs is so not harsh on hardware....

/rant

(edited)

there are a lot of hopes i have for cs:S.

i understand that if they had changed the stages too much, layout wise, all those guys who take the game way too seriously would scream they 'killed cs'. itd be neat, but- just seeing how aztec looked in the video. i think they're onto a good start *drool* mmm the water effects.

i'm not as concerned about the sounds of the guns, as the actual mechanics of the guns. i'm hoping that they'll take into effect actual gun reliability and power instead of whatever they used last time. ex galil vs ak. the galil is based off the same reciever, and from what i've read of them very good weapons. but then again, i think a m14 would be a sexy weapon for cs.

I think it'd be neat to see damage reflect caliber more than it does. those handguns should all rock, just not be accurate. a 9mm > 7.62mm ak round.

oh yeh. and maybe they'll get the shield balanced so people can actually use it. i thought it was a nice idea if they'd get it balanced good. it could be really tactical. a good way for cts to storm assault or other t favored places. would really make those a load of fun imo.

i'm really glad they made the flashbangs like they did. reminds me of ravenshield.

course i'm just knitpicking. can't wait. its gonna be a great excuse to upgrade my video card.

Edited by ishmael

I think it'd be neat to see damage reflect caliber more than it does. those handguns should all rock, just not be accurate. a 9mm > 7.62mm ak round.

Ishmael, how is 9mm > 7.62mm AK round??? u gotta be kidding me right?

Its not the caliber that really matters, its the velocity and power that the round carries...9 mm shot from lets say mp5 is way less powerfull and accurate (over distance) than a 7.62 from AK47 or even 5.45 mm (AK74)....

Maybe Im missing your point? plz explain...

PS: Also plenty depends on the round/catrige size itself and the barrel of the gun...lets say .50cal (12.7mm) of M2 HMG does not has the same characteristics of 12.7 mm of DshK (Russian made HMG)

PS2: Rounds always evolve too...so lets say rounds from 70s cannot penetrate what round from 00s can...even if they're shot from the same rifle...here is an example 5.56 mm standart NATO round. 556rvol.gif

Also note that the later rounds are actually MORE lighter than the rounds they replace...even though they're 6x as powerfull!

(edited)

sorry, i was refering to the barrel bore size not the amount of gun powder behind the bullet. i wrote that right after i woke up. just seems a shame that it takes so many 9mm bullets to put someone down. its still roughly a .35 cal. course its not so much the entrance of the bullet that kills you as the melon sized exit wound.

Edited by ishmael