Test your Hardware w/ Doom3

Birdman

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone have a listing or picture of video cards that are currently out?

Doom3 is has pwnd my Radeon 9600 down to 640 x 480 Medium quality so that it's completely smooth.

I just need a list (heck and current prices) if anyone knows a page that has it all laid out for me already.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Someone have a listing or picture of video cards that are currently out?

Doom3 is has pwnd my Radeon 9600 down to 640 x 480 Medium quality so that it's completely smooth.

I just need a list (heck and current prices) if anyone knows a page that has it all laid out for me already.

It is looking like the 6800 GT is the best bang for the buck right now. I just do not know how it is going to handle HL2. If it can handle HL2 as well as the X800's, then it will be the card to get without a doubt.

The game has a fps lock at 60 because the game was released on the XboX and needed to be somewhat just like the pc version..

So how does a liberal make the poor people less poor??? Well you knock everyone else down to the poor peoples lvl and there not poor anymore!!!

Oh and i truly am sorry for the people who bought a radeon 9600 card, with only 4 pipelines and 128bit mem its not gonna handle the newest games very well... The radeon 9500 had 8 pipelines and wasnt clocked as fast as the 9600 BUT it beats the heck out of the 9600 with those 4 extra pipelines.. Thats why at the time i went with the 9700 non pro, cause its the exact same as the 9500 pro BUT its mem is 256 bit...

The game has a fps lock at 60 because the game was released on the XboX and needed to be somewhat just like the pc version..

So how does a liberal make the poor people less poor??? Well you knock everyone else down to the poor peoples lvl and there not poor anymore!!!

Oh and i truly am sorry for the people who bought a radeon 9600 card, with only 4 pipelines and 128bit mem its not gonna handle the newest games very well... The radeon 9500 had 8 pipelines and wasnt clocked as fast as the 9600 BUT it beats the heck out of the 9600 with those 4 extra pipelines.. Thats why at the time i went with the 9700 non pro, cause its the exact same as the 9500 pro BUT its mem is 256 bit...

First off, i think you are way off base by coming into a thread that asks for your results on a Doom 3 benchmark and not doing anything like that. :(

Second, where did u get your information on the FPS lock and how it relates to the xbox? I've never heard that, although u may be correct. :D

Lastly, congrats on your great hardware purchases, but I don't think it was necessary to come crap on a bunch of other video cards. Especially without posting anything to back up what you were talking about. :rolleyes:

I think personally think the 9600 line of cards are of great value and they are much cheaper than the 9500's or 9800's ever were. They also produce far less heat and require less power. The 9600 line is and always has been a good set of cards to compete with Nvidia's offerings.

I feel sorry for a lot of people with hardware that I don't think is gonna cut it, but I don't pop up in a thread and blatantly dis someone's computer parts.

Now back to the thread topic.

Post up your results and settings for the timedemo 1 in Doom 3. :wavey:

the demo gives me worse fps avg then the real game. I get 30 in the demo at my settings, almost a steady 60 in real game.

How do I test my FPS in the game please?

Oh, and I have a 9600 pro that just got crapped on...I'm going to cry!! :disgust::( Bird, I actually have the card, btw, and didn't take it as that much of a cut....might be a little harsh of a counter-cut there...

Oh, and I have a 9600 pro that just got crapped on...I'm going to cry!! :disgust::( Bird, I actually have the card, btw, and didn't take it as that much of a cut....might be a little harsh of a counter-cut there...

rgr.

good point.

I use FRAPS for telling me the FPS in any OpenGL or Direct3D game.

It's free too. :D

Check it out.

FRAPS Download

It's a super simple program to use.

I don't know the command for FPS in Doom, but I bet ZD does cause i think i saw it in his screens.

Accually Fraps has a really awsome side effect that works great transfering home movies to your pc.. If you run the projector and record with a camcorder you get a strobe light effect, because the projector is showing you 15 fps and my camcorder is recording at 60 fps.. I have my camcorder plugged into my pctv card with an svideo cable, im not recording with the camcorder its just on. I run the projector and using my pctv software i watch the movie through the camcorder. I then start a movie recording using my registered copy of fraps, if you look you can select the recording speed. I set the recording speed to 15 fps and poof the strobe effect is gone!!!

Anyone thats tried transfering home movies knows what im talking about with the strobe effect, its very bad..

Welp, I am at 29 FPS with that demo, and it holds at 60 in game.

Awesome.

Doesn't sound bad at all to me.

My brother's computer scores a 28 on the Timedemo test with the same exact hardware I have; so I guess I have some work to do.

Woot.

FPS=42.1

1024x768

High Quality

No Vsync

No AA

No AF

Tripple Buffering Enabled

I found out that if I run the Timedemo once and get all the textures loaded up in my RAM and then run it again I do much better.

I get 24FPS the First time through and around 42 everytime after that.

:D

Not sure what I've got AA/AF set at atm, but I got the following from the folllowing:

2.4 p4

512 pc1066

128 mb 9800 pro

800x600

high quality = 41.7 FPS

ultra quality = 40.3 FPS

First time around in each demo.

Not sure what I've got AA/AF set at atm, but I got the following from the folllowing:

2.4 p4

512 pc1066

128 mb 9800 pro

800x600

high quality = 41.7 FPS

ultra quality = 40.3 FPS

First time around in each demo.

Wouldn't happen to have results for 1024x768 would yah?