THE SERVER!!!!!

Magruter

You know it's kinda funny. Everyone is talking about having a DAD, inferno, & nuke type rotation. But when they come on during the day peeps split.

When I'm available. I hop in and try to get things started with some scoutz or deagle5 just to attract some peeps. And yes I normally do a 1-2 punch with scoutz & deagle5. In hopes that people will stick around for the standard rotation. But like yesterday after these 2 maps were played then aztec came up and it looked like rats fleeing from a sinking ship. Another scenario being: I've gotten people in with above 2 maps then we've played 1 or 2 of standard rotation, I will take a break or take care of some things I need to do, come back a half hour or an hour later and the server is dead again.

One thing I would like to suggest is: We take these crazy kz_climbing maps out of the rotation. That rotation seems to run most of the morning and it really doesn't attract anyone.

This all reminds me of an old sayin' (please don't take this out of context, I'm not mad or being defensive here)

"Time to put up or shut up"

So, gentlemen you've done alot of talkin' here. Now it's time to back it up.

PS: You're right Mag, I don't do alot of posting in here. Seems when I'm on the computer I spend most of my time tryin' to keep Trop goin'. When I've got something to say you'll know about it. Just ask Fatty :D:peace:

I like the skunk rule, it keeps the maps somewhat evened out.

Skunk rule is nice. But, it still doesn't stop teams from gettin stacked 2 maps in a row.

What I'd like to see is an option on the server that in order to join a team you have to hit the "auto-assign" button.

I see to many peeps that spectate until they can either join A) the winning team or B) to join up with their clan members.

Yes, i'm happy.

Lunk, there's nothing to stop you from putting on deagle5 or scoutz when you get on, but i'd like to see the following rotation, instead of the kz maps.

Mag I didn't think this was another scoutz bashing session. The thought never crossed my mind on this.

I agree totally, that we need to do something to get the server going again. And the one thing I think needs to be removed from the rotation is the kz maps. They just aren't attracting anyone. They were fun for a bit and still are on occasion. I just don't think we need to commit a full rotation to them.

One thing I definately remember from the ole Trop I days is that there was a solid rotation of the "common" maps. Then it would flip over to fun maps once in a while and ppl would stay. Largely bcs there was a really core crew of FUN ppl that would talk it up on voicecomms. There was "friendly" trash talking. I usually HATE fun maps, mostly bcs I'm such a competition freak. But that USP map with roll-the-dice was insanely fun, especially with alltalk on.

Lunk, Gruter and all kinds of other ppl hollerin on Voice was awesome. Same thing with Scoutz. Especially the friendly trash-talking.

BUT, that was only possible bcs the server was full with the core crew, and those maps were a "once-in-a-while" kind of thing. I'd say let's give this a shot and see where it goes. It'll take a few days for it to pick up again, but once it does and ppl realize that there's a regular FUN server to play on, we can start re-introducing the fun maps in off-peak hours.

Let me toss something else to think about, and then you guys discuss until you can lay it on us so it fits our format. We have a VERY handy plugin running that rotates configurations. It's complete customizable, from times on and off, to cvars, to hostname, map rotations, plugins and beyond.

Right now we have 5 running. mrX could remind me of the exact times but I'll take a guess:

morning: 9 - 12

afternoon: 12 - 4

primetime: 4 - 12

afterhours: 12 - 4

latenight: 4 - 9

The map cycles are different for each of those. If you wanted, you guys could do away with all of this and run one mapcycle through 24 hours, or else take advantage of this flexibility. It's always fun testing out different configs. Here's your latest mapcycles, in the same order as the above config listings:

morning:

de_aztec

kz_climbers_b01

de_inferno

kz_giantbean_v7

de_dust

de_dust2

awp_l337sk337beta

scoutzknivez

kz_peak_b01

afternoon:

de_cbble

cs_office

awp_l337sk337beta

cs_italy

de_inferno

de_train

de_dust

de_aztec

de_dust2

de_aztec3

cs_militia

primetime:

de_aztec

de_survivor

cs_office

de_train

de_vertigo

fy_dinoiceworld

de_dust2

de_piranesi

de_dust

de_nuke

scoutzknivez

cs_italy

de_inferno

de_chateau

afterhours:

de_aztec

fy_dinoiceworld

de_dust2

awp_l337sk337beta

de_dust

scoutzknivez

latenight:

kz_climbers_b01

kz_giantbean_v7

kz_climbersxp_b03

kz_peak_b01

------

I have always also done things like:

-reduced freeze time both during afternoons and latenights to keep things moving

-turned off FF during morning and latenight to reduce mess

-removed plugins that wouldn't go well w/o admins, etc

So, you have a lot of options. Have fun! mrX or I can set it up however you guys decide.

Gladly, but then when the ole "my shots don't register" people wake back up (or are they always there anyways) when we add more real-time plugins, don't wonder why.

Put a package together, get it approved by the CS decision-making board (whatever group you guys establish or however you decide to vote on it) and we'll make it so.

Gladly, but then when the ole "my shots don't register" people wake back up (or are they always there anyways) when we add more real-time plugins, don't wonder why.

They still complain about registering! It's more of a excuse 90% of the time!

Scoutzknivez, pumpknivez, and deagle5 are always good for filling the server, and then they normally stick around for the serious maps that come after. How long they stay depends on how much fun they are having at that point. I know many people don't stick around too long when their team gets raped round after round and no one does anything about it to even up the skill per side.

I would like to see a few assassination maps tossed in, especially tundra (my personal fav).