We've got to do something with this box

Fatty

There's a hope that another pipe to the Internet will help the connection out, but assuming no, we've GOT to put this box to use somehow.

Heck, we ran CoD TDM on Mantis for a long while until we shut it down.

Let's grab a new game or a new mod and toss one up? Maybe this new CoD game? Something?

Maybe more FTP space for members?

I feel responsible to find some constructive way to put the money that was invested to use, or return it to the investors... :(

There's a hope that another pipe to the Internet will help the connection out, but assuming no, we've GOT to put this box to use somehow.

Heck, we ran CoD TDM on Mantis for a long while until we shut it down.

Let's grab a new game or a new mod and toss one up?  Maybe this new CoD game?  Something?

Maybe more FTP space for members?

I feel responsible to find some constructive way to put the money that was invested to use, or return it to the investors... :(

Kill it, and put it towards GC member discounts for FF'05 :P

If we do decide to put some game up, we need to have enough active users admining it.

GC Founder

"Kill it" doesn't compute.

It doesn't cost anything. It's just waiting for us to use it correctly.

I'd say as soon as HL2 and CS:S come out we toss those on there and see what happens. But anyways, looking for constructive possibilities.

um...weren't we going to put up an Enemy Territory server? what happened to that? you want a new game, that's a FREE game, one that EVERYONE in the community can get easily. Hell, it's less than 300 mb, we can host the download right here on gamerscoalition.com.

I'm failing to understand why we aren't jumping on this FREE and popular game.

GC Founder

You wanted BF:V on there didn't you? What are you expecting to do during your tri-weekly visits? I'm failing to understand how you continue to pound your fist about things like this. You bounce around everywhere and then disappear for weeks, then come back chanting a slightly different version of the same song.

I honestly don't know why ET wasn't installed, didn't you get the install links? I'll ask m0m about it, and once it's installed, I'll expect to see you sitting in there playing solitare waiting for people.

will do. as for the reason I've been innactive lately...I got sucked into a MMORPG. And no, I don't believe I was the one who wanted BF:V on there, though I have mentioned possibly adding a BF:V server. Unless we get a lot more people in the community playing it, hosting our own server won't be profitable for us. ET, on the other hand, is free for anyone to download, thus removing any excuse anyone has to not try it out.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

With high pings like that, could always make it an ftp server.

GC Founder

FTP is not allowed, since there is no cap on the bandwidth. We already ventured down that road.

Any type of server you want, we can put on there. Also, an upgrade to Mantis might allow us to hold a server there as well.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

How about ..... I do not know. Let me think of an idea. I just lost it.

(edited)

Sooooooooooo......yeah. ET's free and popular and availible now. We going to put it on until we find something else?

Or, perhaps a UT2k4 mod? May I suggest Chaos UT, set it up in "last man standing" mode. 4 people fight at a time, with melee weapon. Last man standing wins the round. A higher ping won't be a big deal with a mod, since there are only a few servers (only 1 good server for Chaos UT) for most mods, and just having an active server is much more important than having a good ping.

Edited by Crowbar

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Sooooooooooo......yeah. ET's free and popular and availible now. We going to put it on until we find something else?

Or, perhaps a UT2k4 mod? May I suggest Chaos UT, set it up in "last man standing" mode. 4 people fight at a time, with melee weapon. Last man standing wins the round. A higher ping won't be a big deal with a mod, since there are only a few servers (only 1 good server for Chaos UT) for most mods, and just having an active server is much more important than having a good ping.

I played that mod and was not at all impressed with it.

Maybe run CS with WC3 plugin enabled. There is one that allows the 4 typical races and 4 hero's as well. It is a great change from the typical CS... at least until source is finally released (Anyday now.... do we have a server ready for that?)

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
i like the wc3 mod, i'll hope in there for a game if it's there

If it has all of the races and Hero's, then I will play it more than normal CS. That is just me I guess but normal CS gets a little boring after a while you know?

GC Founder
I played that mod and was not at all impressed with it. 

Maybe run CS with WC3 plugin enabled.  There is one that allows the 4 typical races and 4 hero's as well.  It is a great change from the typical CS... at least until source is finally released (Anyday now.... do we have a server ready for that?)

The day it comes out, xgaming will install it for us....twice..mag is the contact for the third server.