Adventure Games

spiralstairs

Today I got to thinkin bout all those old PC adventure games that I used to love...grim fandago, monkey island series, etc...

so my question is, they still makin good adventure games?

any good ones out or coming out? i havent been paying attention to Pc gaming in the past few years so if any good adventure games did get released they probably slipped under my radar.

-noah

A hilarious and fun adventure game released a year or so ago by LucasArts is "Armed and Dangerous." Might give it a try. It's more of a 3rd person shooter than an adventure game, but it does retain some of the trademark LucasArts adventure stuff that Grim Fandango had in it. Besides that, it's the single funniest game I have ever played.

I just got Beyond Good and Evil, a really good action/adventure game. It was brand new 10 bucks, I figured I could not go wrong.

Its not a traditional type of adventure game (I think they have it for the PC though, I got it for Xbox) but it seems to have a really good story (so far), good voice acting, and personality. All the traits that made those old Lucasarts games so good. The gameplay is pretty swell, too.

(edited)

well technically Prince of Persia is an adventure game...

yeah, I REALLY wish companies would still make great games like Monkey Island...or Space Quest (anyone remember that one?)

those things were awesome

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

I want to get the old infocom games. They're all text and I remember I liked em more than the graphic games. In the old days there were myst type games but I found the text left better images in your head much like reading a book.....BUT DANG they are hard.

I finished only 1 outta like 3. I finished zork 1 and did not compelte zork 2, enchanter or nemesis (graphcal). flippin games always got me all pee'd off.

Auggy