Football topic

Silver-Bullet

How do they deserve it? OU has the 10th toughest schedule.. Auburn had the 25th and USC has the 37th. OU got done with its toughest games early but Auburn just started. There is no base for that comment. All of OU's toughest games were on the road also, none at home unlike Auburn.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BCS standings are out and USC and OU are still the top 2. The AP polls have OU and Auburn tied. The computers are still ranking OU 1, USC 2, Auburn 3. Utah is now sixth which means they will get an automatic bowl bid. Oh, and Wisconson is 13th.  :boo:

Yeah WI killed themselves this weekend. Oh well, Go Packers! I think the top two at this point in time should be OU and Auburn but that is just my personal thoughts.

i hope usc, ou, and aurburn lose

utah vs boise state would be so good i would cry

i hate the bcs...i think if there is still 5 teams that are undefeated after this season there will be a crazy push for a playoff (or at least i can hope)

o man badgers lost again...so did michigan...what is happening to the big ten?

big ten is down, big east (my division...GO UCONN) is all about basketball..no football

it seems to be forming a 4 major conferences....pac 10, big 12, sec, and acc

but noone can beat big east in bball (cinci, lousiville, uconn,cuse, etc)

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, I looked it up and its Washington and Miami in 91, and Colorado and GT in 90. Great weekend of football coming up, and no the Badgers shouldn't be #1 in your football... and if you want to, I'll prove more reasons why. Also, any more questions about BCS till its the end of the season and we have like 4 undefeated teams and you will find me eating my own words...  :D

So, 5 undefeated teams at the end of the season :P

Pittsburgh in a BCS bowl, Cal stuck on the outside looking in and they were the only school in top 6 defense and offense.

Michigan, Pitt and to a slightly lesser extent VA Tech could have been replaced by more worthy teams. Pitt is the biggest disgrace to the bunch, they won by the rules but the rules are flawed imo.

I think TX definately deserves a bowl bid, I mean their only loss was to OK but at the same point Cal's only loss was to USC so how can you deny them a bowl bid?

I think in my ideal world you would have an 8 team playoff system and this year it would be:

1) USC

2) OK

3) Auburn

4) Cal

5) Texas

6) Utah

7) Boise State

8) Louisville, Georgia or VA Tech

The last spot is hard for me to say, Louisville has been impressive with how many points they can put up and their one loss was only by a field goal to a pretty good Miami team. Likewise Georgia lost a close game to TN and got beaten by a team that could very well be the best team in the country. VA Tech lost to USC and lost a heart breaker to NC. The system needs some reform imo.

EDIT: Utah and Boise State had the 2 easiest schedules across the country however I don't think you can take anything away from a team that goes undefeated especially considering both of them blew out a lot of their opponents.

Edited by chuckleslove

• 3 weeks later...