This is why I typically dislike MMORPG's

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Been home almost 4 hours. Login server has been down the entire time. Can not log on. Can not play. Yet I pay 15 a month for this. By the time Blizzard fixes this, it will be time for me to go to bed. I am tinkled. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Quit then.

Nothing against you but I read the WOW boards and there are others with the same complaint. There has NEVER been an MMORPG that did not have maintenance downtimes and random server issues that impacted players. I posted up on the WoW boards the same thing - If it makes people so mad then quit the game and truly show your dislike the way Blizzard will understand. Until then it is not a 7/24/365 guarantee in any way/shape/form and was never promised that way.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Quit then.

Nothing against you but I read the WOW boards and there are others with the same complaint. There has NEVER been an MMORPG that did not have maintenance downtimes and random server issues that impacted players. I posted up on the WoW boards the same thing - If it makes people so mad then quit the game and truly show your dislike the way Blizzard will understand. Until then it is not a 7/24/365 guarantee in any way/shape/form and was never promised that way.

So what you are saying is that I can not complain about this.... Interesting.

With the ammount of money this game costs and the ammount per month resulting in the millions a month that Blizzard is making, there should be a much better system for handling such issues, not 4+ hour down times.

No - I am saying if it is that much of a big deal and tinklees you off then quit and save yourself the frustration each time it happens. It is a fact of life in any mmorpg. They are already light years ahead of EQ customer service and EQ has been doing this for years.

The software itself costs the same as HL2 and from your level I would guarantee you have spent more time playing WoW then you did HL2. There have been no monthly charges on anyone yet, they start tomorrow.

PS - Sorry to sound witchy but after reading all the posts on the WoW board while I wait for it to come up irked me a bit.

Edited by soul .gc

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
No - I am saying if it is that much of a big deal and tinklees you off then quit and save yourself the frustration each time it happens. It is a fact of life in any mmorpg. They are already light years ahead of EQ customer service and EQ has been doing this for years.

The software itself costs the same as HL2 and from your level I would guarantee you have spent more time playing WoW then you did HL2. There have been no monthly charges on anyone yet, they start tomorrow.

PS - Sorry to sound witchy but after reading all the posts on the WoW board while I wait for it to come up irked me a bit.

Your responses could be a little more tactful. I am frustrated after working a long day to come home, want to put in a few hours of WOW while everyone is gone to sit here and look at the forums the whole time unable to log into those either. It looks to me like Blizzard has 1 login server, it goes down and that's that, no one can log in.

Yeah, I'm frustrated too, and I'd love to voice the same complaints of hundreds of other individuals who are/will pay(ing) monthly fees to play a game that for all their bad luck, is inaccesible most of the time they want to play.

Then I think about my software project at work. Working with debuging only 78 files with a new complier program today and we fried the PCB we were programming, the USB multilink debuging device, my computer, and the test fixture the new PCB is hooked into. We know what we are doing...and this still happend, and our customers who have this device on order are going to rant the same complaints.

I know where they are comming from, and I'm still tinkled I dont get to be lazy in front of my computer for a while, but I understand that this happens at the worst possible time.

My point...I will get the comiler and code to work. The servers will go back up and we'll be happy again. So in the mean time, I'm going to do something productive like call my Dad, tell him I love him, then finish wrapping my X-mas gifts.

PEACE OUT :)

I went to logged on last night for a hour, but it was down. Disappointing indeed, but its understandable that it will happen. For people that have not been around for launches of other MMOs. WoW has done a amazing...absolutly amazing job with the stability from day 1. Usually when people "witch" about it down, they are just really hooked on the game :P ...I'm surprised you did post in here Soul :)

Remember when your clicking the "I agree" after logging in, your agreeing to unscheduled downtimes, etc, etc.

If WoW isn't up go do something else like play CS:S or go on a date.

I'm actually pleased that blizzard is trying to fix these problems. If it was SoE they would take down the servers and have them back up right on time but not fix anything.

Guys --- no need to take your frustration out on ZD --- admit it --- YOU are just as mad as the next guy when you try to play a game you pay EVERY month for and cannot play. Don't tell me it doesn't frustrate you...I know it does...

The point ZD is trying to make is that he pays for a service --- $15 a month --- $180 a year. I find it a bit rediculous that the servers go down for 6+ hours 2 days in a row --- and then they are adding more junk content that CAUSES more problems like Christmas lights...focusing time on the problems would be great...I like having fun stuff added to the game like the lights...but in a week when they remove the lights I bet the server comes down for it...

In short --- I don't like the attitudes in here...and I don't like my game not working...I am afterall a customer...and regardless - the CUSTOMER is right. Always.

Mk5

By the way I would like to take this time to point out that they have given everyone another free day because of the downtime so in reality you weren't paying for yesterday :P

Edited by Mk5

i wan't mad at all when the servers were down yesterday actually Gunman. the downtime came out to be less the .25cents worth. Since release the server have been playable 94% of the time. I see no reason to complain.

It doesn't frustrate me, i know it don't.

Edited by All Kill3r

Topic switch, history trivia. Did you know that the saying "The customer is always right." was started by the fast food industry when Krock bought the franchising rights from McDonalds. It was started after a statistical study whoes conclusion pointed out that that if someone is happy with service then it is highly likely will recomend that serverice to at least one other person. Conversly, if someone recieves bad service then they are more apt to tell 3 or more idividuals about how horrible the service was.

In the end, the saying was created to pamper customers to inspire more future buisness. I always get a kick out of people who rely on it as a "proof" of why our frustrations are vindicated.

I love ya Gunman...don't get me wrong, your aurgument is correct in every way, I just have to rib ya for the punch line bro. Furthermore I hope Gunman, AllKiller, eXile, ZeroDamage, Mk5, linch and soul.gc have a wonderful and joyous Christmas holiday. I hope you spend lots of time with your families and leave your computers shut off cept when everyone is asleep or when your to anoyed with the in-laws and have to kill something.

I'll prolly see yall after the 27th!!!!

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Guys --- no need to take your frustration out on ZD --- admit it --- YOU are just as mad as the next guy when you try to play a game you pay EVERY month for and cannot play. Don't tell me it doesn't frustrate you...I know it does...

The point ZD is trying to make is that he pays for a service --- $15 a month --- $180 a year. I find it a bit rediculous that the servers go down for 6+ hours 2 days in a row --- and then they are adding more junk content that CAUSES more problems like Christmas lights...focusing time on the problems would be great...I like having fun stuff added to the game like the lights...but in a week when they remove the lights I bet the server comes down for it...

In short --- I don't like the attitudes in here...and I don't like my game not working...I am afterall a customer...and regardless - the CUSTOMER is right. Always.

Thanks gunny. No need to defend me though. Soul is also right as are you. The whining does get irritating but I will toss this right back at you. If you can't stand the whining, don't visit the wow forums. :P (Sorry, i just had to get yeah with that)

I am seriously having a great time with the Seekers though. Role Play is taken very seriously. i stay away from the drama with the Seekers in the wow forums but keep up with just about everything. I spent my time last night coming up with a bio for my character. I am sort of glad that I left the Brother of the blade because I am having more fun with the Seekers. No disrespect toward the BOTB though. I've quested with them many times.

Anyway, if you are on Argent Dawn and really take Role Playing seriously and not there just to be there, let me know and I will invite you to the Seekers. You will not regret it.

Soul --- I work in retail --- have for 5 years now --- and before that I worked fast food for 2 years.

I have dealt with many many customers --- and regardless if the customer can even pronounce the word "computer" they are ALWAYS right. Period. It's not their information that makes them right --- its their money.

I pay my money for this game - and I expect there to be some downtime - however I was NOT expecting 6+ hours at a time - MULTIPLE days in a row. I also expect that when my character disappears that someone will help me get it back - without basically calling me an idiot.

I have probably played more MMORPGs than you - and have NEVER experienced 6+ hours of downtime, let alone 2 days in a row. And then to top it all off --- when I FINALLY get in my characters are ALL missing. I tried to get my list to refresh - it does - it just does NOT load my characters.

Reply from GMs ----

Exact copy from Customer Service Rep : michaelp.support@blizzard.com

I apologize personally for your problematic experience. While I understand your frustration at first not being able to login, I want you to know that customer satisfaction is top priority here at Blizzard Entertainment.

With that said I would also like to inform you that we are aware of the issue with the login server not properly displaying your characters on all servers. We do not currently know the cause(s) of this issue are working very hard to find the source(s) of the problem. As such we do not have any current ETA on a fix for this problem.

I apologize for not having a solution for your problem, but as soon as I know so shall you.

Regards,

Michael P.

Online Support

Blizzard Entertainment

http://www.blizzard.com/support

Sorry - not having any idea is NOT customer service - I would not even both to say its bad - its non-existant.

Gunny

P.S. That reply was 19 hours after I sent in an email - I replied to it within an hour of getting it --- and it has already been 21 hours since I have heard anything else.

I can however login and play now - but I still think a reply is in order.

I have probably played more MMORPGs than you - and have NEVER experienced 6+ hours of downtime, let alone 2 days in a row. And then to top it all off --- when I FINALLY get in my characters are ALL missing. I tried to get my list to refresh - it does - it just does NOT load my characters.

Then you never played EQ or DAOC or several other big ones I have played. Hell - EQ2 had their servers down for 2-3 days recently I heard. But hey - like was said earlier, they have yet to charge anyone a monthly fee.

As to the email - at least they responded - Other companies just do not respond to emails or forums. Blizzard is pretty damn good in the MMORPG world for it.

But hey - if it angers you that much then show them your displeasure by not paying for their service.