This is why I typically dislike MMORPG's

Guest zerodamage

Topic opened. Gunman you aren't a mod here.

I've read this topic, seems like everyone is just mad cause their toy is broken.

The words you claimed that someone used in reference to you don't even exits in this topic. Also understand that nonbody but a Board Member can edit their post w/o leaving a sign that they edited.

You also are being more reactionary than necessary. The only worthless post in this thread was submitted by Kenger. I warned him and removed it, also removing Soul's "deflection" of the comment.

Even in reading, ZD doesn't seem all distraught over Soul's responses. Sure, Soul remains everly argumentative whenver he gets a chance...but then again, made some darn good points. Sure, Sou'ls attitude seems continually poor and unconsoling, but then again you don't have to have a good attitude and be overly-compassionate to make a good point either.

Go spend some time with your families.

Mk5

Since its after christmas and I can post again because the fat man unlocked it...

I would just like to say (again) that despite all of the problems I have had with WoW CS and the general downtimes that this launch has been relatively good compared to every other MMORPG I've ever played.

Anarchy Online was a laggy, buggy mess with next to zero customer support when it went retail.

Daoc was a buggy mess without most of its promised content and very little customer support when it went retail.

Earth and Beyond... well that game just sucked to begin with and the CS was absolutely horrible even after retail.

Planetside: SoE production (nuff said).

EQ/EQ2: More SoE titles, see planetside.

SWG: So many exploits it ruined the economy and it was only dealt with after it became so widespread it could not be ignored, after that the economy was already ruined (atleast on the server I played on).

Shadowbane: Lag, Exploits and Dupes oh my! Most of these never got fixed although their CS did start trying to catch exploiters after they had to shut down their 3rd(?) server.

Lineage 2: Possibly the worst game I have ever had the misfortune of playing. Poor CS, non english-speaking devs (we had no way to give input to the korean devs), failure to deal with "ebay adena farmer" problems and a level grind combined with items loss/delevel and open pvp that almost puts EQ to shame. (Those koreans love their hardcore games)

After playing all of these I think blizzard is doing a completely awesome job. Atleast mediocre customer service is better than none and atleast you got a reply to your email gun.

From a business standpoint their CS isn't "uber" but it is the best I have ever dealt with in a MMORPG. Blizzard is actually raising the benchmark for other MMORPGs as far as CS and game content.

Edited by Mk5

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Lineage 2 ended up making $60 when I got bored of the rediculous grind :|.

On downtimes..

I don't think it's fair to say that every possible hour of every day is the amount of time you're paying for. There are people who can only play at a specific time.. if someone is paying $15 a month and plays 1 hour a day, and can't play at that specific hour for 3 times, that just cost them 1/10 of their play.. so , you have every right to complain. It doesn't matter if it happens all the time in other games, you're a paying customer and there is no reason for you to expect anything less than perfection.

Just my $0.02 ;).