Interview Next Thursday

Bubblegum Bandit

Oh, this day just keeps rolling. I just got off of the phone with a large consulting company here in Denver and they are VERY interested in having me join their team. Many of you know I work in remediation at the old Nuclear Weapons facility out here. Well, remediation means they're cleaning it up, which means when its clean its done, which means when its done I have no job. They have pretty much told us we have a job through May here, and after that there are no guarantees. I work for Shaw E&I who is partnered with URS corp. out here at the flats and my gracious field supervisor has been pimping my resume with her URS company and I finally got a good lead. Based on her feedback they are pretty much ready to hire me, they have already asked for my salary requirements and I didn't know what the job duties entailed.....This position would be right up my alley, its a civil designer position that would deal with design of everything from roadway, mining, dam, water treatment facility, and much much more by way of design. Plus, it would end the unknown of whether my wife, my 3 mo. old daughter and I will have to pick up and move our whole family this summer. Prayers are greatly appreciated for a good interview. I go in next Thursday morning for a 2 hour interview and then they are taking me to lunch, and then I go directly to their HR representative!!!!! Don't want my hopes too high, but man that sure sounds like they are prepared to give me a job!!!! Another plus, that only tops off on the already absolute blessing that this job entails is that I will most likely get a very nice pay raise....probably on the order of 25% more than what I make now....I'm excited!!!! can you tell!!!!

Dang!! Good luck to you! Stability, and knowing you will be staying where you are will be a nice thing to have if you get that job. Pretty cool that your supervisor was putting your resume out there. Nice to see someone in a higher up position thinking about someone other than themselves!