If you could sit and talk...

Fatty

John Tyler (7th President of the United States) since I am related to him.

Would like to know what he thinks of todays USA and what he would do differently. Want to know what my family was like back then too - I am in a direct line of ancestory with him.

Gunny

Guest Deputy Dawg
Guest Deputy Dawg
Guest Deputy Dawg
Guests

CAPTAIN SAMUEL NICHOLAS...

You may ask who he is. He is the first commandant of the Marine Corps.

I would like to know more about the Marine Corp while he was in.

Pope John Paul II

For a religious and spiritual talk. I've heard a lot of stories about people who have spoken to him and feel like they've just spoken to God. It would an honor for me to speak with him.

Edited by YoMamma

GC Alumni
I would have to say, after much thought, that it would be either my Dad's mom or dad.  I never met them as they passed away long before I was born.  I spent lots of time at my Grandparents on my Mom's side, and was able to see where she grew up and learn about her life through them just by being there.  Although my Dad obviously shared things about his life, learning through my ancestors about him or seeing where he grew up wasn't as easy.

I thought about something similar, but they never spoke english, so if the rules are that language is not a barrier, i'd change mine to great grandmother, she sounded interesting. If language barrier counts,then i'm stickin with my first pick as I do not speak Hungarian :P

Edited by clueless

I would like to say my grandfather, who died when I was ten. He did a lot of high-speed covert stuff during WW II, and I wish I could have spoken to him about it. I just remember him being a real kind man.

Since someone already mentioned their grandfather, I'd like to talk to Alexander the Great. I'd like to see if it was military genius, incredible ambition, or great soldiers that enabled him to do what he did.

I was thinking similar fatty. Was thinking my Mom's Dad or Mom. But since they are the same. I'm gonna have to think further on this.

PS. This oughta throw a loop into the community  :D

you're mom's Dad and Mom were the same person?

:blink2:

that does throw me for a loop.

for reference sake...I know what you really meant...but that's just not as fun since I already know...

:zombie: