Autobuy disabled?

Was hoping to understand why it was disabled when I played there last night. Having that and the rebuy certainly changed the way I went about playing the game (got tired of buying lots of stuff when I died so I got real simple :)). I keep looking for positives to having these features disabled, but the lazy part only sees that I can't have that extra swill of beer while pressing F2 anymore :P.

Just thought I'd try to understand the reasoning here on the forums. Cya'll later.

AB allows you to grab a scoped weapon if that's the item that you last bought, I believe. We first noticed this when people were buying colts in our shotty server.

You've got 10 seconds, Mr. Quick Fingers! :blush:

dont click with yer mouse to buy stuff

use the keys

i dont use buy scripts or the re-buy feature

before u know it, u will be buyin with yer eyes closed...

and drinkin taht way too!

:D

you could still use re-buyprevious even after we had trouble with scopes on mayhem, and fixed it. i play there everyday, and this worked until the bots came on so its something that just changed.. are we talking about the same thing? autobuy--- re-buy previous??

Edited by shep48

Like bear^ said, use the keyboard, you'll get used to it in no time. And once you learn, you'll never get it out of your mind.. unless they change the placement like they did from 1.5 to 1.6, that took weeks to adjust to.

CT - b43b6b82b14b7

T - b42b6b82b14b7

..I didn't even know there was an autobuy/rebuy ability..

Hmm. I disagree. If you are planning a rush, or trying to, those few seconds are precious. In a rush scenario this would give the team that won the last round (which presumes that there are naturally more survivors with weapons on that team of course) another large advantage. Some maps make this rush a major part of the play style as we all know. Those few seconds ( say 2 secs for many of us, up to 5 for those unfamiliar with buying that way) could potentially change the entire play style of the map. At the very least, allow one team or another to get much further than it used to as far as rush meets.

You really wanna stall the rush to B while the new guy with the bomb is looking for "Primary Ammo" still?

Just more thoughts from the peanut gallery

I buy using only the mouse and i still manage to be in the front of quite a few rushes.

Then again, if your talking about a new guy, it won't matter if he finds the Primary Ammo button, he won't know how to plant or will stop infront of the rush. :)

.what gets me is I always forget to buy a defuse kit...

Heh... I chose not to buy one. I am usually dead before it is needed. In the rare case that I am not, I will try to find one from a fallen friend. If I can't find one... then no one else bought one either... so don't complain when I can't diffuse it.