must be a problem with your banbot. yes, that's it

JavaBomberman

Hello. I play with the same nick as I have registered here on this fancy forum. I was banned, but I'm guessing it was because someone sneezed on their ban button. Here's the deal: I was on dust, and this appeared on the screen:

BulletToothTony killed RED IIIIZZZZZZZZZZ with ak47.

*DEAD* Phoolz Like=[ME]=: thomas got raped

LotusMark7 killed BulletToothTony with usp.

*DEAD* Thomas Jefferson: you mom got raped

strangefamous .gc killed LotusMark7 with ak47.

promptly, Thomas Jefferson aka cobaltgrc, was banned. I questioned the console as to why he was banned for using the term "rape", when "Phoolz Like=[ME]=" was not banned for using the same term. I was told by someone that if his "friend got a dui, that doesn't mean [he] would go get one too." I commented that this had nothing to do with fairness, and began a discussion with M2, once again questioning the reason for Thomas' banning. Then, I was promptly banned.

So, I think you should fix your auto-banning banning machine of banning wrongly. I assume you have one, since no logical person would have banned either myself or Thomas based on the situation as it transpired.

Facts:

Thomas said 'raped' - banned

..now you like to debate issue of which isnt up for debate, then get wise after Phoolz said raped again and make a 'go ban him now guys' comment - banned

Phoolz said 'raped' (again i guess as i did not see 1st instance) - banned

Our server, our rules. Have a good day.

My UserID is STEAM_0:0:4296118. I would like to be unbanned. I think that this would be a great tragedy for all man kind if people keep getting banned for a playful exchange of minor insults between friendly players. Please stop singling me out, it that is what is being done. Thank you for your time.

Actually since I've started playing on your server I have cut down on my swearing. This offence was the only offence of mine since two days ago when I accidentely said 'damn'. Yes, they are your servers. Yes, they are your rules. So you guys win.

Edited by cobaltgrc

It's easy to fan the flames here, but think on this...

I find a great deal of offense to not the word, but the statement it was added to. We dont support that type of banter, friendly or not.

You've been cutting back on cussing, that is sweet. Can you take this shot to the pride and refrain from comments of the same calibler as that?

It's easy to fan the flames here, but think on this...

I find a great deal of offense to not the word, but the statement it was added to.  We dont support that type of banter, friendly or not.

You've been cutting back on cussing, that is sweet.  Can you take this shot to the pride and refrain from comments of the same calibler as that?

you are right Brillow. and I will take this shot to my pride. I am sorry that this happened. I really enjoyed playing on your guys server, I loved the teamwork and the no scopes. Thanks for letting me play on it while I could.

You guys have taught me a valuable lesson, a lesson I actually prayed for.

Edited by cobaltgrc

I think that this would be a great tragedy for all man kind if people keep getting banned for a playful exchange of minor insults between friendly players.

This is what I was basing that comment on. If you think insults are no big deal, then I figure without an attempt to change you would be right back here. Remember, we want a clean fun atmosphere here. One player insulting another player does not promote that atmosphere. Remember, you and the other guy may be the best of friends, but unless the admin knows you, to him you are insulting a client of ours and we do not appreciate that. If you choose to follow the rules, hooray, another satisfied customer.

The only reason I argued the point at all was because the original perpetrator of the offense was not banned, and cobalt was. if, as you say, he was indeed banned for it, then I have no further problems. I also then apologize for arguing the point, and hope that I can be forgiven for the sarcastic comment during the argument. I tend to use witty sarcasm when I find fault somewhere, and at the time, that is what I found. thank you.

Yes we admins can be very strict sometimes, even arguing a point can elicit a "banned cause I dont want to deal with it" mentality.

We love to game, and this type of conversation is very trying. As you can see it ensights a large response from the community, and we too take to the witty sarcasm (with better spelling than mine). My point is that it takes too much time to explain our actions. You (Java) got the brunt of the ban stick.

That is why we have these forums...so we can establish a good line of communications with our P.O.ed pubbers.

If you believe in what we are trying to accomplish and can relinquish the point that we admin harshly to protect our ideals and can support the ideal (not neccessarily the admin action) and post as such...then we can lift the ban.

Both of you have been great regulars and we'd like to see you with our tag on eventually (jedi mind trick). Bottom line...can and will you support us? :hug:

I support what you guys are doing. I must say that your guys server is the best I've played on, people work togther as teams which I love, and the scopeless server is a brilliant idea for those players who are tired of getting downed by the auto-sniper. At first the no swearing rule was hard to follow because the majority of the Counter-Strike counter culture cusses and rags on each other, so it felt unnatural to not swear. But the rule is a good one and it has taught me to take more notice to the heavy swearing I do in real life. What I really hope is that as I play on your server (I'm not banned on your stock CSS server, plz let me stay) the good atmosphere you guys present will rub off on me and I'll start cutting down on my cussing in real life.

Thank you for listening, I can see that this is a very good community.

haha, brillow, you're a master wordsmith. I have no qualms with the ideal behind the admins and the server. I may not feel the same as you do when it comes to every little aspect of the ideal, but the bottom line for me is: I have no intention of hindering what you have set out to do. I do enjoy the community I have found on the servers. If that is acceptable to you, I would appreciate it very much if I could be unbanned. If I must do more than that, let me know, and I will respond in kind if I am able to adhere to anything you outline further.

You guys now perfectly well the difference between Phoolz use of "rape" there and Thomas' reply. The first signified that Phoolz felt Thomas got annihalated by the other team. Thomas' reply was a jib back at Phoolz and a rip on his mother to boot.

So there is a difference and I can tell by your ability to write a proper post that you are well aware that the two usages had different connotations.

But what it comes down to is what Mini-Me originally said..."Their server Their rules".

***ADDED***

Sorry for the late response. Didn't see the previous resolution to this.

Edited by dwEEziL