cs_compound

Fatty

I've heard mixed reviews only from reading.

Personally I've never played it.

What's it do to traffic? What's the general feel of the public?

Does it belong in the rotation or on the bench beside tides?

I played it last night for the first time and it doesn't compare to TIDES on the scale of traffic killers. I think most people haven't played it enough to decide whether or not it is good. There was a lot of discussion about how it played, being a mix between ASSAULT and (I forgot the other map).

Initial impressions:

I think it presents some interesting strategy aspects - you definitely can't succeed if you don't play as a team. I didn't play as a CT so I don't know how that is, but the Terrorist side was fun.

I don't think we should bench it yet.

From what I've played, if the CT's dont have their poo in a group then T's will dominate.

T's have 3 immediate snipping positions on both sides of the map (total of 6), plus an unobscured vision of the wall separating Ct's territory from T's. The CT's must work in a V direction to get to the hosties which pass directly in front of the snipe points, plus the CT's are easily flankable if the T's decide to go over the wall.

I play on CT tho and I still have fun with it...especially with an AWP...I pay those camping bastages :ph34r: a lesson for sniping me..hehehehehaaahhahhaha.

I haven't seen much trafic in or out of the server durring the map. It doesn't kill the server like piranise does.

It's kinda growing on me, definately not in the same group as tides(even typing the name gives me an ill feeling), anyways, the first couple times I played as T and we did dominate, but after a few days, I'm seeing more CT strategy and the T's have actually had thier butts handed to them quite a few times.

It's an open map,and really makes you stratgically use flashes and smoke to win along with a team that works together.

If we are so big on teamplay, this map demands it, I say let it live a bit and see how it goes, numbers seem to be fine when it's on.

From this discussion, I don't see the map being pulled anytime soon. Which I'm glad. I haven't been home to even get the update yet. Much less played this map. And I would like a shot at it.

Sounds to me, just from everyone's descriptions, like it's similar to italy. Kind of one sided towards the T's. But if the CT's have their act together they can dominate. Lookin' forward to playin' this map.

From what I've played, if the CT's dont have their poo in a group then T's will dominate.

you've just defined any CS map.

My point being that the T's can be playing the same caliber as the CT's in this case and still walk all over them. As a side note I did play on Recrud today (as a CT) and the map was very well ballanced, fun play.

cs_compound should be a keeper. Its played similar to the way cs_assualt was played in normal cs. Yes T's have the upper hand, but if you're a smart CT player, you can easily turn the game around.

People have complained that T's snipe too much. Guess what? CT's can snipe too! Flashbangs are also very effective against the T's. Throw one of those over the wall seperating the two teams.

I see this this map is being the 'new' assault and since I liked assault I say we keep it.

I've only had 1 chance to play it, I look forward to playing it more though.

From what I saw the map is fairly fun, the lare size and openess of it is a nice shift from some other traditional maps where you're more closed in.

I think it should stay for now. It could always be scapped later.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
(edited)

I like it and have never played T. The trick to this map is flash bangs and most importantly Smoke for the CT.

I haven't ever played Tides, i was away during that time. Let's just keep Congo away. What a bad map that is.

I will add to Compound experience: The map plays different on Scopeless than it does on Stock servers. On scopeless, the T can AK snipe from the windows pretty easy. The CT are at a disadvantage in my opinion due to this. On Stock, the CT have some nice sniping positions to clean out the T sniping areas. The map is best played with one or two snipers and the rest rush either side using smoke and flashes.

Edited by zerodamage .gc

I like it and have never played T.  The trick to this map is flash bangs and most importantly Smoke for the CT.

Yes - definitely the key is smoke. The other night I think I was one of the only, if not the only, GC on and we had a pretty even match. I started out CT, and until you can get some rifles it is very tough. You can hit the Ts in the windows when you use smoke and don't make yourself an obvious target.

Now that I've played it a while, I think this map should stay. It didn't kill the sever, either.