pagan is leaving

pagan

(edited)

JAVA - Fatty, and other admins, say what they do to pagan because they are ADMINS and are responsible for the level and conduct of play on our servers.

I truly don't think that Fatty was/is affected by this. It is his duty as an admin/board member to step in and communicate to pagan what he thinks, and also what the general perceptions are of pagan and his playing style.

Edited by whudats

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first i dont see whypeople are flaming him. hes saying good bye, at least fare him well.

so he goes off and does his own thing, sometimes i have to do the same thing because my team isnt skilled enough to even cover me. so i gotta rambo.  i cant teach everyone how to play as a team, because theres not enough time. when you call out a rush, and a.) they wait in the tunnel/dd or b.) they dont all go. 

anyways i know its gc policy to play as a team but sometimes its just not possible, if u want to stay alive.

last point... if everyone who says that they're going to leave comes back... isnt that a good thing?  don't we WANT people who are leaving to come back? even if hes just blowing off steam, well then he is, he'll come back.  if he isnt, then hes voicing his opinion and wont be around anymore. i dont see anything wrong with it.

if your good enough friends with him, u wont miss em cause you probably talk to him outside of cs.  i wont miss em, i'll pub with him in other servers.

There's a difference here Ich. Key word being "sometimes". You don't do it all the time. We all do it "sometimes". With Pagan it's all the time. You can't rely on him to back you up or help you out. He's waging his own little war against the other team.

So, if the bomb's planted and he's more concerned with killing the remaining T's and not defusing the bomb. Your team still loses. Yeah, he might kill all the T's but in the end he has done nothing to help your team out. So, that you might have enough money in order to buy better guns. And that just wreaks of selfishness in my book.

We all know that Pagan is probably a better shot, in this game, than most of us here. That's not the issue here. This whole thing came to a head the other night when Fatty called him on his selfish playing behaviour. And now his feelings are hurt and he wants to stir up trouble within the community. And he's pretty much baited half this community into it. And he's gotten a great response from us. So he'll continue with it. And that in and of itself is just sad.

Anyways, this whole topic has gotten old.

Pagan if you are leaving. Don't bother posting here anymore. Contact whomever you like via AIM. And you guys can pi$$ & moan there.

What I don't respect is that you deny that you are affected.

Where did I say I wasn't "affected?" Please don't misquote me. I've searched this thread and the conversation for the word "affect" and even tossed in "effect".

me:

Pointing out a commonly accepted fact dealing with an ideal that adversely affects a "community" or the feeling of "teamwork" in said community cannot and must not be classified as "unwarranted," but rather necessary.

me in our convo:

MmmmFatB: you seem to believe that you have this way into my soul, that becuase i type enough, that you've effected my life

I don't deny this is a waste of my time. I just told my wife that I'd be right back because there's a "good one burning" on the forums. :biggrin: I've got just over an hour left with mah kids before bedtime...so yes, I should be playing with them not typing.

I do deny that it impacts my "happiness", as stated many times throughout. If my happiness is based on the actions of any one of you guys, or even a group of you, then shame on me.

I don't deny that it's curiously entertaining and quite a sad divergence from the game for everyone. But heck, this stuff sells! It's reality GC!

I do deny that my life will change from these events.

But to impact me personally? With or without your respect, I beg to differ, but will accept your misconception.

----------

Pagan just now on AIM offered me a truce...I will respond here:

A truce, in my mind, requires a couple things.

ONE: Two mutually dualing parties, both engaged. Yes, you have engaged me, by starting the public thread, messaging other people for your own benefit, then telling me that I need to stop.

TWO: Both sides need to benefit from a truce. How will I benefit from a truce? You lit a match that caught fire. You gathered lots of attention, which was the purpose of your "hey i'm leaving look at me" initial post. Well, here you go. Everyone is looking!

My guys will tell me to take the truce for the sake of peace.

I say, take your white flag, lower it, turn around, and walk away like you said you were going to. I never did, nor ever will publically pursue you. I will, however, respond to you when posts call for it, either due to inaccuracy or incompleteness...or whatever.

You say I have to have the last word? Post that you're going to do what you so bravely said you were going to do. Post that you're walking away, and I'll close the thread down immediately and it can be over.

JAVA -  Fatty, and other admins, say what they do to pagan because they are ADMINS and are responsible for the level and conduct of play on our servers.

I truly don't think that Fatty was/is affected by this.  It is his duty as an admin/board member to step in and communicate to pagan what he thinks, and also what the general perceptions are of pagan and his playing style.

Well I didn't take that into account, and that's a very good point. I can certainly understand fatty and the other admins speaking with regs who aren't adhering to the expected behavior in the servers. However, if that were the intent of Fatty, why didn't he ask pagan to shape up or ship out? It looked more like Fatty was simply telling pagan how he felt (which implies some emotion to me). He didn't (and he said so himself) ask pagan to leave, which would seem like the thing to do if pagan wasn't following the rules that the admins enforce.

I certainly don't think Fatty is a cold-hearted robot. My thoughts come down to these ideas:

A.) Fatty cares about pagan's conduct because it affects his enjoyment of the game. Thus, he told pagan how he felt. A decent thing, if he hadn't kept denying his reasons for the confrontation; i.e. "I don't care."

B.) Fatty doesn't care, and is simply enforcing server rules. In that case, he should have laid down what actions pagan needed to take to remedy his misconduct, and threaten with a banning if said actions weren't undertaken.

That's what I think.

Fatty, I don't need the word "affect" or "effect" to be in a sentence for my statement to remain true. Let's say that having care for something is the same as being affected by something, shall we? An emotional response. In that case, you stated multiple times in your conversation with pagan that you "don't care". That implies to me that you were not affected by his actions, and yet took actions that imply to me that you were affected; i.e. calling him out on his play style.

In any case, I said earlier that I didn't think you were cold-hearted, but to dismiss pagan's emotion (as he stated his anger in the conversation) with the statement; "you are not enough to bring unhappiness out of me" makes me rethink my statement.

I do deny that it impacts my "happiness", as stated many times throughout. If my happiness is based on the actions of any one of you guys, or even a group of you, then shame on me.

I find this disturbing. To not have the slightest emotion attached with people you spend a good portion of your time with (be it on the internet or not) doesn't seem natural to me.

I don't like how you dismiss the whole thing as a "sad divergence". How can you possibly govern over a people without having emotion for them?

It seems to me that if pagan were to cry over your words towards him, you would laugh at him. With you having control over our fates in your servers, I would have hoped that things like this could "impact [you] personally".

Personally I think that the whole "not playing as a team thing" should'nt be an issue here at all, we run a public server, not an organized competition, people pay for the game and should not be told what to do with it in a public server. Besides, even in a rush, someone going the other way to try and hold a flank, isnt a bad thing, and who better than a skilled player.

If I am playing, and people are not working well together, I either try to deal with it, or simply leave and come back when my buds are playing,after all, this is for fun right?

Personally I think that the whole "not playing as a team thing" should'nt be an issue here at all, we run a public server, not an organized competition, people pay for the game and should not be told what to do with it in a public server. Besides, even in a rush, someone going the other way to try and hold a flank, isnt a bad thing, and who better than a skilled player.

If I am playing, and people are not working well together, I either try to deal with it, or simply leave and come back when my buds are playing,after all, this is for fun right?

hear, hear! :peace:

Java:

To pretend that I don't care (whether or not I said it, implied it, matrixed it, whatever) is rediculous. You think I would be doing this if I didn't care? Of course I care.

However, when one guy wants to deny ever having baited another player (and so on) I quickly stop caring about the fate of the one, and care quickly for the preservation of the gameplay on our servers.....we are digressing quickly....

I say, take your white flag, lower it, turn around, and walk away like you said you were going to.

I forgot the 3rd, and better solution, Pagan.

Apologize for bringing this public, commit to better teamplay, and request that this topic be closed, and it shall be done.

Java:

To pretend that I don't care (whether or not I said it, implied it, matrixed it, whatever) is rediculous.  You think I would be doing this if I didn't care?  Of course I care.

However, when one guy wants to deny ever having baited another player (and so on) I quickly stop caring about the fate of the one, and care quickly for the

Thank you Fatty, that's all I wanted to hear. I appreciate that fact that you do care about the players in your servers.

Again, Thank you.

I should add though, on the team play thing, i'm referring to the fact that it keeps "generally" coming up, the situation between him and fatty may have been different, don't know, was'nt there.

You're exactly right. You weren't there that night, but you know of the topic. If you know Pagan's style has been an ongoing issue, then how can you lump it in with the rest of the people out there not playing as a team?

....we all know he can kill...what's left out is the teamwork.....that's all it was about.

We don't care if Joe Pubber comes 1 day and goofs off, never to be seen before.

But this guy became a part of our community....and still somehow couldn't understand how to enjoy people and play along as a team. His fun = high score. Period. From the getgo, and still now.

Its a public server and we can play how we want but we try to enforce or a better word suggest playing as a team. If they dont then thats there perogative(bad Britney Spears Song). Thats the reason we dont kick for it, one person let the other person know how they felt. That should be the end of it.

Pagan please accept fatty's agreement to close the thread.

PS 111 posts on this WOW

Personally I think that the whole "not playing as a team thing" should'nt be an issue here at all, we run a public server, not an organized competition, people pay for the game and should not be told what to do with it in a public server.

We do run a pub; however, our pub is different than most. we have some of the best games and attract a lot of good players for one main reason: WE encourage teamplay. I think we even have an ad running in the servers. Our servers are the best because we expect guys to work together.

(edited)

i refuse to apologize.

this is all just pointless drama. lets let it go.

im not angry with anyone.

i request that this thread be closed.

goodbye!

Edited by pagan

Drama! *shwing*

Let me part by saying

"one person does not a team stack make".

on a 20 something to 30 something person server, there are 10-15 players on either side that can try and even the teams. It's blatantly apparent that at least the team stacking portion of any discussion like this is just something that comes from those who are closet team stackers who choose to project their guilt, for not unstacking the team themselves, onto someone perceived as better than them. The hypocrisy is obvious.

As for team baiting and not defusing/planting bombs...well, that IS a cowardly way to play.

Of course, this is not to be confused as me accusing pagan of doing anything. Simply put, I have no idea who he is.