Fantasy books

Playaa

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests

i use to reda those books the uricle of eason or somthing like that

I just started reading the Dragonlance Chronicles. Had never picked em up...when growing up my leisure reading was Mack Bolan stuff (by Don Pendleton). Anyways, it's a cool book so far, connotated too. Brings back the good ole AD&D memories.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
who here has read Robert Jordans "Wheel Of Time" series?

I'd like to get a discussion going about it.....think more ppl need to read this series of books....they're amazing

He is one author I haven't read. I have read the most recent Terry Brooks books. Tape may be caught up and tell you how good they are. What is the first book in the series Sexy? I will go to library and start reading. I love great fantasy novels.

Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guests

read Forgotten Realms books by RA Salvatore and Ed Greenwood, i have read all of Salvatore's books and almost all of Greenwood's books and they are all good.

Guest Boy Sherman
Guest Boy Sherman
Guest Boy Sherman
Guests

i like some Lois Duncan books.. and the Earthsea Series..; pretty good.. but the Earthsea is a bit weird..

Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guests
->MP_Stinger,Jan 1 2003, 03:45 PM]read Forgotten Realms books by RA Salvatore and Ed Greenwood, i have read all of Salvatore's books and almost all of Greenwood's books and they are all good.

ya RA Salvatores books are great...esp the Drizzt series, about 10+ books long so get reading! if you need to know which book is first it is....

Homeland!

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

I've actually been working on a concept where Counter-Strike is the football of the future, and corporations sponsor different clans in a giant VR deathsport. The only problem is, I want to use the people in this community as the characters, but getting everyone's permission would be hard work. So I'm kinda basing all the different characters on everyone, just making up different names, similar in a lot of cases.

By the way, the hero is a moderately talented rookie. Who could that be? :rolleyes:

Uber that sounds sweet.....

get it done

:)

and for any of you (which is all of you) that haven't read the Wheel of Time series......you MUST and I repeat MMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTT!!!! read them......best books ever.....EVEEEEERRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Any talented artists that might want to design the characters (this is the future, so they're going to have high-tech uniforms and such) give me a PM.

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Zweih, Uber=writer. You don't just accidentally get 900+ posts on the message board. If you do, thats one Hell of a bender.

:D

Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guests

soo am i the guy that "steals" everyone on your team? :o:P

The wheel Of time is my favorite series. I am excited Jan 7th =Crossroads. I have been reading the books since the 80's. Didn't care to much for path or crown of swords but Winters heart really picked things up. Although I do not understand a certain paragragh.

Perhaps you can help me out.[Winters heart] It was when rand went into the room the ashaman were renting and fought with fain. At the end of the fight Fain is distracted by an image of the two ashaman coming up the stairs talking about how taim sent them to kill rand. I thought rand coulden't channel in far dara and I thought those two Ashaman were dead upstairs. So it made no sense to me at all. Perhaps my book was messed up?

I actually have an assignment in my Writer's workshop class to write a novel that is at least 100 pages...I have almost 40 so far...it is based on Counter Strike and an actual round in a few of the maps...The main characters are Me, Kurtz, TaPe, TheHurricane, Contradiction, Leo, Bullet-401, Slinky, and Gond. All of the characters have special traits and abilities, Gond is the leader of the group and he makes calls and things like that. My first "Operation" is Operation de_dust, and it shows how little we have worked together as a team but the operations following it show how much more we have grown as a team and as friends. This story isn't "exactly" like CS because the plot is an elite counter-terrorism unit going around the world and performing covert operations. I will keep you guys posted about the final product and I will post a few excerpts from it now and then.

Gunman :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks steve

<raises hand> i have read the robert jordan books, and the dragon lance books, and the drizzt books and teerry brooks.

I have yet to buy the Crossroads books. I am rather agitated with robert jordan right now he has just tunred the books into one never ending soap operah in which the writing style and plot slowly degrades with each book. The first three books were really good but from then on the writing style hass been that of a third grader <_<

the Drizzt books were great reads! The characters he creates are amazing especially Jarlaxle! hehe. But each book should have been longer instead of three hundred pages. I also read the Cadderly books by salvatore if you havt i suggest them. Read all of em in like 3 weeks far to short.

The terry brooks books are good but he should have finished the series after the third book.

Right now i am finishing up the Axis trilogy halfway through starman these are good books but too predictable.

Which dragonlance books are you reading Fatty? The chronicles are the "Dragons of Autumn Twighlight" books right? IF so those are very good. And as a followup you should ready the Raistlin books about the two brothers those are good.

(women cant channel in Far dara men can, but im not sure i havnt read that book in a long while)

Wow...I'm in the middle of the Dr. Seus series right now...we are up to Hop on Pop.

Oh, can you tell I have a 3 year old?

I think Batman used to talk about the wheel of time books...I'll ask him.

My favorates so far are the shanhara series by Terry Brooks and the Dave Eddings books...forget the series...Belgariad or something. There are 3 sets of books from Eddings. Course reading isn't something I do much anymore...well, cept for the kid books.