de_alivemetal *ELIMINATED*

Fatty

GC Founder

Why? Your happy bounce guy shows your glee, but we need some more meat here. :-D

Fun stuff, interactive, newer graphics. Beautiful to look at.

Common complaint: low fps. This map brings people's systems to their knees it seems, and it's tiny. Lots of action visible at one time? Bad geometry? Dunno.

I kinda like it on the anything goes server, would really like it on scopeless, and would love it if it could be made pistols and maybe pump shottie only. It's fun, but the ambience seems totally wasted with the awp/full auto action... makes me hope someone makes a cool wild west mod for source.

(edited)

This map, although a lot of fun, is a snipers dream. You can climb onto almost any

rooftop, get to second levels of buildings and shoot out windows, and there is a clear view to almost anywhere on the map. I found myself dying within seconds of spawning just trying to get to a good spot! Bomb site A is very difficult to infiltrate

for either T's or CT's unless they all rush at the same time. Bomb site B I have yet

to see used. It is a very small area inside the small bank building and it looks like a deathtrap. Although I repeatedly asked T's to try it, (they said they would),

no one did. The only redeeming part is the underground sewers that go directly

to bomb site A, though they started to get congested. Take a look at my screenshots don't forget to access the photo album at the bottom of the pictures,

there should be 7-8 of them. http://ca.msnusers.com/alivemetal :boo:

Edited by wayfarer

Good map, a little rough on the fps when the Ts blitz the saloon. Feels like someone dropped a flash bang the size of a beer keg on me.

:D

Should be the official pistol only map! Pistolero!

GC Founder
Feels like someone dropped a flash bang the size of a beer keg on me.

I'm a sucker for clever posts, and this was a good one!

Yep, everytime the map loads you can read people mentioning.

A little tidbit about fps.....did you know you get better fps w/o net_graph 3 on? :peace:

I like the feel of the map the size is managable. Wayfar is right when he says its a snipers dream, every rooftop can rain death.

I do find the bombsite in the bank pointless, only a front access to the bank and its also in the middle of the map meaning the CT's will have the main coartyard covered and kill anyone who gets close...dont know if there is a way behind tho.

The sewer route is fun, unless the CT's know it's there, then it's almost pointless cause the CT's can always get inside the saloon right after round start and camp the sewer exit.

Note: When we did pistols and shoties only it was a great deal of fun...I did notice that the T's were always able to get inside the saloon with this type of weapons restriction...meaning the saloon became the good old shootout festivle.

Vote: Keep it as a first round draft.

Edited by Brillow_Head

GC Founder

Understand that these topics are for discussion...and there's no such thing as a "vote" in here. Opinions are obvious, but nobody is counting votes in here, just fyi.

Voting on contra, alivemetal, and deltamill2 will take place on TUESDAY and one of those maps will be removed.

Also note that your vote doesn't count unless your stats show you've played all of the remaining maps.

GC Founder

fyi, concerning alivemetal: This map has been put into Mayhem's rotation as shotty/pistols only. First reactions are great ones. I wonder if this adjustment would give it a better chance in the 2nd round cuts. Would this defy the "Stock" concept if there were a map in the rotatin that had restrictions in it?

Some things to consider.

Yeah, I'm sure it would be more fun with short range weapons only.

But even with pistols and shotguns only, it will still cause people without super computers to average quite a low number in the fps catagory.

Actually, I only played it once on Recrude, so I don't remember, but in Mayhem it plays the same fps wise as any other map, I have'nt noticed any issues there.

I dont like this one, it is pretty small, i played 2 rounds as both ct and t and just dont enjoy the play on it. if we want to try a western I suggest de_westwood, its a nice map, possibly survivor part 2?

Guest Sgt. Slaughter
Guest Sgt. Slaughter
Guest Sgt. Slaughter
Guests

Oh this map is fun! := I decree that we keep it!

i agree this map is very fun. yes there's are a lot of sniping spots but it's a small map and most spots are in plain view/easy to see. there aren't many clear lines either.

no fps issues here. certainly it's no worse than aztec. then again there were only 8-10 ppl on when i was playin tonight. i'd love to play with 14. it'd be so hectic.

definately a keeper.

I keep playing it and I keep loving it...pistols and shotties are hoootttt.  When you start AWPen then things really get interesting...reminds me of the movie "The Quick and the Dead."

Just got done playing a bit with the pistols and shotties only and I agree, that was great. Makes for much faster gameplay, I liked it alot :biggrin: