even MORE stuff I built

Clueless

GC Alumni
(edited)

These are some pics I just found from a house I did about a year ago, I will start taking more pics now and posting them, maybe we can keep the dust from collecting in here :P

daybed1.jpg

daybed2.jpg

tub.jpg

ceiling.jpg

kitchen.jpg

Edited by Clueless .gc

Wow, that ALL looks awesome!!! I'm really liking the bathtub and that ceiling. Is that prefab moulding in the ceiling or do you cut your own?

Was looking again and were those cans in those spots for a reason? Probably wasn't your choice where to put the lights but the engineer in me thinks the architect could have centered them or something, they throw off that beautiful ceiling.

GC Alumni

Yeah, the electricians put them there, i dont know why, but the builder said go for it, so I had to build around it.

Basically, its just beadboard paneling, with 1x4 poplar, and 3/4 inch cove moulding, ripped to 5/8 to show a slight reveal.

And on the tub deck, again, the same beadboard, with a 1x4 ripped for the right overhang, and put a bullnose edge on it, and I think I just used some leftover moulding for under the bullnosing, but I forget and the pic isnt clear, lol

Thanks for post, I will have more soon, I just did a house with 55 feet of Handrailing that turned out nice, when I go back, I will get pics. I also have pics of another rail system I did where I built the newel posts and everything, but those are on film and i'll have to scan them in.

GC Alumni

Im a finish carpenter, thats what I do everyday. Most of it isnt worth pictures, I only take pics when we do nice custom homes, alot of our work is production cookie cutter homes, and alot of commercial stuff, like Quiznos restaurants, stuff like that.

Thanks for the compliments :D

• 2 weeks later...
GC Alumni

Thanks man, yeah, I built the columns out of 1x10 poplar stock, mitered together and trimmed out.

The rail is all poplar, and that was expensive enough, lol, oak woulda killed them i think.

Actually, i trimmed the whole house, but the rest of it is just standard stuff, not really exciting pics.

(edited)

Very nice work...

Quick question??

While you were doing that work were you thinking about how you could position your self in the corner to do some quick work on the T's coming down the stairs?

:spin2:

Very nice work.. If you lived closer I would hire you to do some finishing touches on the house I just bought..

Edited by BushMaster

GC Alumni

Actually whudats, handrails like that are one of the more specialized jobs, not everyone can do them, well, correctly at least. That one took me about 2 days to complete.

Thanks for the comments :D

No, clue, I meant the pillars. Those look easier than most of the other things you have shown us. The pillars are what I was asking about.

The handrails are gorgeous. Good pics of them too!

Coolio. Thanks! I like to see the pics - I don't create much with my hands. Everything I do is non-craftsmanship work. I evaluate and do process improvement/quality related stuff, but I appreciate things like this even more because I can't do it...

• 4 weeks later...
GC Alumni
(edited)

Okay, heres some pics of a rail i did about 3 years ago, this one was fun because i built all of it from scratch, posts, rail, the whole shot started from a pile of dimensional lumber.

Then after that, i threw up a few pics of some Harley paint jobs i've done.

rail01.jpg

rail02.jpg

rail03.jpg

rail07.jpg

rail08.jpg

rail09.jpg

flames1.jpg

flames2.jpg

flames3.jpg

Edited by Clueless .gc

I'm with SJ...rounded scissors and glue sticks...lol.

Nice work Clue. Good pics too. That paint job is awesome, and I can smell the wordwork in the pictures. I love the smell of fresh cut wood...

• 1 month later...