Unclean

yes

there is

and its going to be awesome

i loved the old TF

i plan on playing the new 1

hopefully GC will get a serv fo it

cuz the game is loads of team fun

Ya, definitely. Maybe we could put together a competitive team for it, too.

I used to be a great demoman or soldier - may those classes be with the new TF.

Do you have a link handy, bear^?

TF2 has been rumored for a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG time in typical Valve fashion. Considering we don't even have screenshots for a TF2:Source build, I doubt they are anywhere near done.

Think about DoD:S. We have had screenshots of it for how long now... And still, no game to play! They will probably have HL3 and a new engine designed by the time they decide to finish DoD:S. :lol2:

I was a HUGE fan of TFC. I lived on that for 2 years. Can't wait for TFC HL2

Soldier, Engy and Medic were my favs. Love the concussion jump with the medic. And Rocket jumps with Soly.

talking about this makes me want to go play TFC. You fellas know there are still TFC servers out there...I seen one night 300 people were playing. And I believe this was last month.

TFC is awesome. I was an awesome sniper...probably one of the few people that could play that class well, as well as a good engy and decent medic. There was no greater feeling than one gets after throwing a MIRV gernade down a hallway and watching a HW guy at full health explode.

It's bizzare because now I am terrible at sniping at CS:P Probably because I have to stand still while trying to get a clean shot.

Ah, good times. For me, I still remember a moment when I was able to singlehandedly get the enemy's flag (in 2Fort4), run up the corridor, kill a defender, and jump out of the top of their base, whip a 180, and put a rocket/grenade combo that gibbed the last defender.

...best...moment...ever.

I still miss the rocket/grenade combos. :\

• 1 month later...

TF2 was supposed to be its own thing after TFC was a huge success on the Half-Life 1 engine. I remember reading about it back in HS when Half-Life was still new and when CS was still in it's early beta stages.

I doubt we will see Team Fortress on the HL2 engine anytime soon. I went through the TF2 site and I wasn't all to impressed. TFC seemed like a much better game. I think that they are just trying too hard with TF2. I just wish that they would take TFC and just put it on the HL2 engine. TFC was great because the classes were balanced.

From the top of that Planet Fortress 2 website :

Do remember that no new shots have been released since the announcement that TF2 will be using an engine solely designed at Valve Software. Poke around and enjoy!

This game, as cool as it could be, looks to be pretty much dead. I would assume Valve is concentrating all of their attention and efforts on further delaying DoD:S, which does not have a definite release date almost a year after the release of HL2. I really do feel for the people who were suckered into the higher priced packages with the promise of getting DoD:S the minute it was released.

The latest update given on the DoD:S page is from Feb. 24 2005, and says "Day of Defeat: Source, Valve's World War II-themed multiplayer action game, is approaching beta and will be available early this spring via Steam." We are fast approaching fall '05, and still no word on a release. Sadly, I feel a lot of people will have given up hope or forgotten about this games pending release by the time they get around to deciding they might be close to being finished with it. :(

From the Steam update on Friday, August 5-

While we know we're starting to sound a little like a broken record, Lost Coast, Day of Defeat, and Aftermath are in the final phases of development and being polished for release. While the latter two aren't quite at the point where we can nail down an exact release date, we're expecting to have Lost Coast ready in a couple of weeks.

They've been getting close to being done with DoD:S (or atleast, according to them) for a long, long time now. Just like they were making some good progress on TF2. It may not be 2008 by the time this game is released, but it might as well be if they keep saying, "Da, Dum, uh, well, we are close to picking a release date, but we really aren't sure what DoD:S stands for anymore. Stand by for another update."

People paid extra moolah so that they were guaranteed DoD:S the day it was released. I don't think many people thought it was going to be almost a year later that it would be "close" to release. This is like putting your car in the shop, paying for whatever is supposed to be done with it, and having the mechanics throw it on the back lot till they get time to look at it. Obviously a far stretched comparison, but would you want to wait a year for someone to get around to fixing your car when you already paid them to do the work?

No, but I wouldn't mind waiting a year if I already paid the salesman for the luxury 2007 model... ...especially if they loan me the 2001 model until the new car rolls out in 2006.

I'd also prefer the car to stay in development by the engineers for four years, rather than them bulding a Yugo in 6 months.

TF2 was going to be an entirely different game on a completely new engine, featuring hi-definition textures, hi-poly models, terrain and a new Level-of-Detail system... ...all things that are easily recognizable in the Source engine. When info dropped off of the face of the Earth, it's because they were at work at Half-Life 2.

It was also around this time that CS 1.3 was starting to really take off. VALVe bought up the fledgling mod when it hit 1.6... ...and around the time that CS 1.5 was all the rage, another mod started up, that you may all enjoy playing. TF2 got pushed aside, because of Half-Life 2, and then CS:CZ, and a BETA for CS:S.

Next, comes the HL2 expansion and DoD:S. When they promised DoD:S originally, they said that it was just going to be the same models, sounds, textures and maps from the original mod. Now, they're putting more detail into it than Half-Life 2, including many aspects of true HDR Lighting.

The question you can ask that will provide the most insight into the timeframe is: What will the community demand first - CounterStrike 2, Half-Life 3 or Team Fortress 2? (Keeping in mind TF2 will be absolutely nothing like Team Fortress Classic, which got its name for being a clone of Team Fortress for Quake)