Razer

Rashad

Razer is one of our Fragfest sponsors so I decided to try out one of their mice. As of yet, I have no complaints about it.

The mouse:

1. Is VERY responsive.

2. Has 7 programable buttons.

3. Feels good(in my hand).

4. Lights up.

5. Has a cool multi-colored Chameleon Green paint scheme.

6. My index and middle fingers fit into the left and right mouse buttons like a glove.

Here is the site's link.

This is the best mouse I've owned yet.

Rashad, that's awesome that you made your decision partly on Razer's sponsorship. I would like to take this time to remind everyone that if you buy something from one of our FF sponsors, please in the comments section make a reference to their sponsorship of our community. If they see that they are directly being affected by sponsoring our community, they are willing to sponsor in even higher capacities.

I also own a Razer Diamondback, I love it. Now I use my dads Logitech on his machine and it feels bulky and sluggish.

I bought mine for fragfest because I figure that 100 people with wireless stuff, theres gonna be some problems with interference and such.

But i'm hooked on mine.

I'm struggling to see where these 7 buttons are???

What do you guys think?

-Is it worth the money?

-Does it improve your cs?

-What effect does the wire have on your game? (altering the precision of the mouse movement)

I don't know if this has been done already, but maybe we should start a sticky about different the types of mice out there, similar to that about headphones. After all, the mouse plays the most important part in your game, but is it worth investing this amount of money?

First of all, this mouse wasn't really that expensive @ 49 bucks. That's about average for a quality mouse.

Has it improved my cs game? To be honest, I havn't had the time to play all that often now that i'm working. However, I can tell a slight difference. It does seem to be more responsive than my previous mouse.

I suppose in the end it all comes down to personal preference and the ability of the player. Even if you do have the best mouse in the world...it still may not make you a better player.

Ive played with mine the last hour, just got it. Um, I like it so-so, but a few things bother me. A, its either too fast or too sluggish, you have so many variables, CS sensitivity, windows sensitivity, and the three in the Razer customizer, I guess i'll just have to mess with it to get it right, any suggestions? Also, i cannot seem to get buttons ( i think ) four and five to be my back and forward bottons, how can I get this? but hey, it looks good, and the see threw mouse wheel is very cool.

I have no issues with mine, I dont use any profiles or anything. I have my sensitivity set at 1.8 in CS, and thats all ive done.

I also use an n52 game controller instead of the keyboard, so i dont really have a need for the mouse buttons.

It took a while to get used to the n52, but now, I cant play without it. As far as the mouse, it is smaller and takes getting used to as well, especially if switching from a Logitech, but now im hooked on the mouse too. Give it a little time.

The main benefits are the resolution, and the fact that the optical sensor never powers off when idle meaning immediate response, never lag.

I hope you dont give up on it, I think you'll like it when you adjust to it.

(edited)

I just played with it for quite some time, i dont know. My pinky hurts bad now, on the bad b/c if hittigh the "ridge" under the right side buttons, and the side from draggin on my mouse bad, b/c my hand doesnt fit well in this thing. As far as the 1600dpi, great, sensitive as can be, great, i have it almost all the way down, slightly up from my 510. I find the side buttons all but usable. I have yet to use this mouse in a everyday thing, but I don't see it lasting long. The no back/forward buttons will get me so p/oed when surfing the web, i might have to throw this thing like my mx500 got thrown ( some of you may remember that story ) I honestly think this thing is a gimic, they make you think its going to improve your game play, when i could have just cranked the sensitivity up on my 510 and gotten the same effect. I'll try this thing for a week, if i dont like it, witch i cant see myself liking it, i will go out and get a mx518, dismatal it, take out the weight, and get some uber nice mouse feet for it.

and the n52

Yea, i got used to it also, but in my room, after my dad upgraded his pc, i play cs on it, and didnt feel like bringing it back to the living room, so I learned cs over again

I didn't really care for it to tell you the truth, I hated not being able to type, and I didnt have enought keys for what I wanted to do.

Edited by Sgt. Spuds

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i had gotten used to it, and started to somewhat like it and jsut use another pc for every day life for my forward and back bottons and comfort, but now guess what

Razer =pwned

Wont power up now, weird.

Moral of the story

Stay away from off-brand gimmics, stick with the big names

Now all I have to do is get RE-used to the 510 518 mouse

Guest Entaque
Guest Entaque
Guest Entaque
Guests
(edited)

I have the mouse, it's alright, but I'm about to give it up soon for the MX 518. I've had it since last year, and I'll have to say it is a bit small for my hand. My pinky/ring finger seem to get squished against the mouse pad. It isn't a comfortable feeling if you use the Razer Diamondback for a while... Plus it hurt my aiming skills... I guess some people with smaller hands would enjoy it though.

If you have big hands, you might want to think twice before getting the mouse. At least try it out before you decide to keep it or not. Other then that problem, the mouse is on the average side, it can be too fast or too slow at times. Anyway, I'm personally use to using bulking mice, I use to have (somewhat crappy mouse) a Kensington (800dpi) which that was quite a while ago. It's designed similar to the new Logitech MX 518 mouse | Link: http://www.kensington.com/images/pc/K72127-4618.jpg

Just my opinion on the Razer Diamondback, and for conclusion: Try before you Buy, or even Buy and Try it, don't like it after you've tried it, take it back. I know that's what i'm doing soon! :boo:

Edited by Entaque

Got a brand new one, see how this one works. THe problem with the old one was in the wire, when it was bumped, it wouldnt work, wiggle it and it would work. Great, get used to a weird mouse, it goes bad on ya and you cant go back to regular mice lol.

Guest Entaque
Guest Entaque
Guest Entaque
Guests
Got a brand new one, see how this one works. THe problem with the old one was in the wire, when it was bumped, it wouldnt work, wiggle it and it would work. Great, get used to a weird mouse, it goes bad on ya and you cant go back to regular mice lol.

Funny enough, that's similar to what happen to the first one I bought. The mouse was fine for about a week, and then the problems started... If you wiggled the mouse cord, the mouse would turn off, or if you click the left mouse button it..would..squeak.. annoying noise. So, I took mine back and got another, this one seemed to be fine and still alright now. The only problem is, is that it's way to small for my hand at least, really uncomfortable for the pinky/ring finger, plus it lowers performance while gaming.

Great mouse overall, not for bigger hands.