Guild Wars Handle List

Unclean

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, either i totally missed it or it was when my system locked. Sorry about that.

After it locked up, I went to cs:s for a little while before I came back. Only thing I don't like about the mesage thing is you can't send a message to someone who is offline. :/

I had another friend tell me that I had ignored him, after messaging him first. I was mapping to his location, and the internet went wacky, then it locked the system. We had some cable network problems in our area on Sunday.

Hey Guys.. Just got this game on Saturday and loving it so far. I haven't been around GC in a while. SO I stopped by to see if anyone else was playing.

Bats and Nofx will know me for sure. We should meet up sometime.

Anyway in Game I am:

Elijun Niju, E/Mo lvl 9

Quizzy Niju, W/Me lvl 2

I am going to make another soon R/W build.

Heh - you're like I am, whiplash. Trying out a bunch of classes/combinations early on to see what works the best. I think I found my favorite combo -- Mo/Me. I'm presently a lev 8, and the character is so powerful that I've been able to solo every mission so far.

Anyway, buddy some of the people on the list on the first page -- we'll all get together and click on some monsters. :)

Whiplash!!! Ill add you to my buddies!! I havent been on this week, cause the wife had another hissy fit about my computer time.. But im almost at the point where I dont care if she gets mad, it drives me nuts that I have to feel bad about something I enjoy..

Here's how I explain it: we all have different ways of dealing with stress. For some, it's talking with others. Other people work out, or play sports, or read a book. Some people even prefer alone time. My stress outlet is videogames. It's entertaining and it helps.

Your wife is probably taking it personally -- if you show her that it's got nothing to do with her, then she'll probably be a little less hissy. :)

Hey Guys.. Just got this game on Saturday and loving it so far. I haven't been around GC in a while. SO I stopped by to see if anyone else was playing.

Bats and Nofx will know me for sure. We should meet up sometime. 

Anyway in Game I am:

Elijun Niju, E/Mo lvl 9

Quizzy Niju, W/Me lvl 2

I am going to make another soon R/W build.

Personally, I think that a Warrior/Mesmer is a bad combination in the searing part of the game. The spells you get don't really affect the enemies, namely charr, and the lack of energy/regeneration time is a big problem.

Me, I started a new character and he's going to be a Palidin (Warrior/Monk (no, I haven't deleted my original character either)).

I'll add you to my friend's list, whiplash.

Really? The mesmer spells aren't effective against Charr? You may not have been using the right combinations.

Here's what I typically do when I'm soloing against the charr (no deaths yet, and I'm a lvl 8):

1. cast mending on self (+2 regen, does not wear off)

2. cast phantasm on one of them (mesmer spell, drains 5 life for 11 seconds)

3. cast empathy on another (each time they attack, they receive 11 dmg)

4. cast symbol of wrath (adjacent enemies take 11 damage for 6 seconds)

5. cast healing winds (regen +6) on self when needed

Bear in mind this is very magic-intensive. My magic points are at 53 right now, so this probably wouldn't be successful without the bonuses. But without the Mesmer skills, I wouldn't be able to actually kill the Charr.

Really?  The mesmer spells aren't effective against Charr?  You may not have been using the right combinations.

Here's what I typically do when I'm soloing against the charr (no deaths yet, and I'm a lvl 8):

Bear in mind this is very magic-intensive.  My magic points are at 53 right now, so this probably wouldn't be successful without the bonuses.  But without the Mesmer skills, I wouldn't be able to actually kill the Charr.

I also have a w/me, lvl 14 or so. The main mes spells I use are chaos storm, and backfire. Cast backfire on a Charr Martyr, or Shammen, and watch him kill himself healing his mates. :) Good clean fun, lol Chaos storm damages multi-targets. I have also used various mes skills to steal health from the opponent.

When you guys go soloing in post searing, do you bring any henchmen with you? I find that all I need to bring is the healer (monk). I seem that with her I can take on 4-6 mobs easily, just the two of us. Took out that lvl 10 named right out in front of piken square with no trouble. This all with my E/Mo.

I am having alot of fun with my W/Me so far in Pre. He is only at lvl 5 but I like judging the skills of a character by how well he can do by taking on 4-6 enemies solo. With the E/Mo it was VERY easy pre sear, just aoe. With the W/Me its not as fast but I can take alot more dmg.

GC Alumni
(edited)
Really?  The mesmer spells aren't effective against Charr?  You may not have been using the right combinations.

Bear in mind this is very magic-intensive.  My magic points are at 53 right now, so this probably wouldn't be successful without the bonuses.  But without the Mesmer skills, I wouldn't be able to actually kill the Charr.

I don't mean against Charr. I mean like really higher level enemies where some spells like those won't really make a whole lot of difference.. I haven't encountered alot, but it's probably still because I haven't really done much exploring and I'm only level 10 (a fight or two until I'm level 11).

Edited by JackieChan

It leads to other towns. Not sure if those towns are accessed be quests later on, and I haven't made it to those towns yet. I know as a lvl 20 N/E, it's still very tough if you're using henchmen (lvl 15 henchies just get destroyed out there). I forget the name of the towns down that path, but there are always "runners" saying they'll take you through that area for 1-2 plat. Always a risky proposistion, as they can simply leave your group after receiving payment....

It leads to other towns.  Not sure if those towns are accessed be quests later on, and I haven't made it to those towns yet.  I know as a lvl 20 N/E, it's still very tough if you're using henchmen (lvl 15 henchies just get destroyed out there).  I forget the name of the towns down that path, but there are always "runners" saying they'll take you through that area for 1-2 plat.  Always a risky proposistion, as they can simply leave your group after receiving payment....

I wouldn't risk dealing with runners. I'd just try using my sprint to get through those areas. Then again, it may not always work as planned.

You are actually better off sneaking past them, although there are several areas where just walking through an area will trigger an attack, in which case, RUN!  lol

I actually had someone run me and four other people across the ice contenent to some town called Lions something. He did it all for free too. With that, I got all new armor now. :boing:

That would be Lions Arch. Did you go through the wilderness, or via missions?

I've not done it through the wilderness before, but you definitely get more exp by running the missions, though it does take longer. I also just enjoy exploring the countryside, and am often just out running around looking for stuff to kill, and trying to find new places if I'mn not running an actual mission.

There's new armor in Lion's Arch?! Oh man. Someone offered to run me there for free too (it was incredible -- she made it, but no one else in the group did). But it was after midnight, so I haven't peeked at what's in that town yet.

On a side note, someone in the group started talking about ages. Don't you HATE that question? A lot of the times, I'm around people in their early 20s (which is fine), but sometimes I get "16" or "17". The runner this time was a 13 year old girl though. :bang:

GC Alumni
(edited)

What, something wrong with 17? I'm 17. Which must mean you have something wrong with me. Do you have something wrong with me? =P

In Lions Arch, you can get all the Wyvern armor. So far, it's the only good looking armor I've come across. The stock armor looks ugly, the chainmail looks ugly, Ascalon armor looks ugly, as does the Wyvern (but it's the best looking one of those I listed). Plus, all of it's 55 armor. I hope I run across another if not more black dye. I can get so much from those.... :(

@dirty guy

Hah, you're two days younger than my brother.

Edited by JackieChan

What, something wrong with 17?  I'm 17.  Which must mean you have something wrong with me.  Do you have something wrong with me?  =P

Oh yes. You're a terrible person and I hope you get a sinus infection.

Nah, it's nothing personal -- it's just that the maturity level of some people isn't that great. :)

In Lions Arch, you can get all the Wyvern armor.  So far, it's the only good looking armor I've come across.  The stock armor looks ugly, the chainmail looks ugly, Ascalon armor looks ugly, as does the Wyvern (but it's the best looking one of those I listed).  Plus, all of it's 55 armor.  I hope I run across another if not more black dye.  I can get so much from those.... :(

Is that warrior armor? I have a monk there now...

Hah, you're two days younger than my brother.

Oh yeah? Does your brother have a "SUPPORT THE PWNED" bracelet from Thinkgeek.com? If not, then I win. If he does though, then he's still 2 days 1337er than I am.