New Monitor

Slimmage

I'm looking to purchase a 19" LCD Monitor for school and would like some input. I've done some reading and have looked at the 8ms monitors which I hear are better for gaming and such but not so great for other applications such as movie watching and text applications. Any input, suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

(edited)

if you find an lcd that's good for gaming AND movies then let me know. i'm still on a crt cause i've yet to read a review of one that is.

Edited by *|CsLs|*Cujo

I use the Dell Widescreen LCD at work all day and thoroughly enjoy it. It plays video as well as I have ever seen, and for the days that I carpool and don't have a ride home until late, it plays America's Army flawlessly. Granted, I'm not the most discerning person in the world, but I notice major issues such as ghosting, and I have to say in my experience that monitors that are fast enough not to ghost are as good as nice CRTs. Again, I'm not the most discerning person in the world, but for my purposes I'd rather a good LCD because I never have eyestrain problems after a full day of work on an LCD but I notice issues on CRTs, even if the refresh rate is high.

Talk to shazz buddy, he just bought a 19inc with 8ms. I forget the model and brand but I know he LOVES it. If I'm not mistaken either Clueless or Shep has the same one.

I looked at the spec's around the time he bought it and you couldn't find a sweeter LCD for the price.

I myself use a 2 year old: Sony 17inc 25ms LCD (SDM-HS73/H). The H is for the color. They now have several variations of it I believe.

I have no complaints about this LCD, other than I'm getting used to my 21inch at work and having a 19 LCD at home would be nice.

(edited)

I've been looking closely at the Samsung 930B and the NEC 1970GX. Has anyone heard anything good or bad about these 2?

edit: also taking a look at the viewsonic vx924 that Preacher pointed out.

Thanks for all the input!

Edited by Slimmage