Yay New System =)

nut

nut
(edited)

Well i ran into a little cash bout 200 ish and i decided to Beef ap my Computer a bit =)

this is what i went with

3000+ Barton 400 FSB

and

ABIT NF7-S2 Socket A (Socket 462) NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 ATX AMD

Processor

19-103-394-05.JPG

Mobo

13-127-185-01.JPG

awsome! it runs so good!!

but thats not all

my brother put it all together for me and put another 512 chip in!!! got a gig of ram now!!!

and also he decided he can sell me his 9500 pro for extra cheap! 70 bucks or so

its better the the 9600 its got higher settings ect.

=) im happy it runs daoc so good

i was running daoc i alt tabed and i dunno i was zoning out or something and just started to play CS and music was playing iwas surfing the net... then i saw the Daoc in my tabs and i was like eh? clicked on it and i was also in daoc... i was running evreything perfect...

and i dont even have the Vid card yet!

=)

NuT-

Edited by Capt.Coconut

(edited)

hey dude, that video card rocks. It is better than the 9600 pro, but not quite on par with the 9600XT. But if your on a budget that 88 dollars won't justify the performance you will see with the upgrade. I bought 9500pro new about 3 yrs ago and im still using it(best bang for your buck?). I edited my config last night and i get 99 fps and 70fps in firefights. (the OC'd P4 running on a 980fsb helps a lil too)

You should be able to play source just fine

Edited by NOFX

Both are 128mb. I have the 9600XT, and it will run most anything out right now. You won't be able to run super high res with AA and AF on, but it gets the job done. It will run FarCry just fine, CSS and BF2 very well. Very nice card imo.

Both are 128mb.  I have the 9600XT, and it will run most anything out right now.  You won't be able to run super high res with AA and AF on, but it gets the job done.  It will run FarCry just fine, CSS and BF2 very well.  Very nice card imo.

It is a 256mb card (the one I linked you to) and stock it blows the 9500 pro out of the water. The 9500 pro is a little better for overclocking but overclocked to it's max it still sits a tad behind the 9600XT at stock. I run a 9600XT and I can play Doom 3 with every setting on high, Farcry with almost all settings on high and CS: S with everything on medium (I like to squeeze every millisecond of advantage out of the net lol) As far as necessity, no, but you will see some marked improvement over the 9500 Pro and if you don't plan on overclocking your system you definately want to go with the 9600XT IMO

Of course if you do have an extra $100 on top of that http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...82E16814102380R is the way to go :D

Edited by Preacher

nut

haha aye i wish i did have 100 more bux... but only 18 more bucks for something better ill look into it i might do it but...

Read on the link u gave me above

**Product Out of Stock**

=/ /cry

NuT- :freak:

(edited)

Yeah x800pro has 12 pixel pipelines and the x800xl has 16 pixel pipelines, and I believe the xl is clocked higher.. As far as the 9600xt vs. the 9500pro id go with the 9500pro Because the 9600xt only has 4 pixel pipelines, the 9500pro has 8 pixel pipelines..

The 9500pro is a much better card.. BUT for the same price as a 9500pro you can get a 9700pro which has 8 pipelines and has 256bit memory interface instead of the 9500pro's 128bit.. Both 9500pro and 9700pro are $95 and the 9800pro is $125..

PriceWatch

Edited by Batman

nut
Yeah x800pro has 12 pixel pipelines and the x800xl has 16 pixel pipelines, and I believe the xl is clocked higher..  As far as the 9600xt vs. the 9500pro id go with the 9500pro Because the 9600xt only has 4 pixel pipelines, the 9500pro has 8 pixel pipelines..

The 9500pro is a much better card..  BUT for the same price as a 9500pro you can get a 9700pro which has 8 pipelines and has 256bit memory interface instead of the 9500pro's 128bit.. Both 9500pro and 9700pro are $95 and the 9800pro is $125..

PriceWatch

awsome ok... i got it down... not going for 9700 cause im getting the 9500 for like 65-70 bucks so

=) thxies

NuT- :freak::freak:

nut

rofl its halarious... i was duel booting in daoc... wich used to lag my comp like a mofo... and i was duel booting with Music playing and while i was surfing the net... but then i went away for a while and came back ... loaded up steam .. played hrs of cs... then i alt tabed ... and i was like uhhh daoc?? and i clicked on it and i didnt go link dead... !!! UBER!! rofl

NuT- :boing::boing::boing:

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

9500 pro is a better card easily. The 9600xt may win in some tests due to the extra speed but there are double the pipes on the 9500 pro so games like HL2 will like that a lot better. I had one before my 9700 pro and then my X800 and it handled everything I threw at it.

ooo what did you do to your 9600 xt?

=0

im gonna go with my bros 9500 it runs evreything smoothely well... evreything will seeing that i got 1 gig of ram and double processor speed =)

NuT- :freak::freak: