Man, this blows,

Sgt. Spuds

Well, you may remember how I posted about my cat at the beggining of summer.. Well, he has gotten worse and worse, to the point where he wont eat anymore, hasn't ate in two or three weeks, I have no clue how hes alive... I take him to the vet for the 3rd time, and say,

"Ive had him here 2 times before, each time you say hes fine, just needs his teeth cleaned, and want to charge me 900 bucks to put him under and brush his teeth, If his teeth where it, he would still drink, he wont even drink milk ( special treat for him... )"

The lady said, something I don't remember and took spuds back for a x-ray. I sat down in the waiting room. A while latter I get the bad news.

Spuds has cancer, :twitch: nothing they will do about it, not on a cat as old as him. So, I asked if he was in pain, she said no...

So, I'm forced to sit here and think about life without the cat ive had since as far back as I remember, call me a wimp, wussy, or that last word with a P, Idk, this cat was just special for somereason. Its sure gonna be hard to watch him wither away, yet I cant seem to take him into the vet for the Koolaid parade just yet.

Sorry for wasting bandwith with this stuff, but Just thought i'd share...

I don't know if I'll get another one or not, Pets are great, Spuds was a perfect pet, never had any problems with him, not 1 complaint... Pets are horrible in a way. You get one, you take care of it, you get attached, they die, its so hard to cope with. My first pet I ever had go on me was my 3 year old Rat named Blue, wasn't that hard on me, after all, he was a rat, but Spuds is different. I dont know if i'll be able to keep this name or not...

Hey man your not a wimp to love an animal. Since they say its basically incurable, theres nothing you can do about it. Ask the vet if he can prescribe a painkiller for him if it gets worse. But eventually youll have to do the humane thing, euthanasia. That is if he doesnt die on his own. Its a crappy thing but you may have to for his sake. Best thing I can think of doing is maybe finding another cat and naming him Spuds jr. Maybe not the same breed (that might creep you out) unless you want to. :huh:

Sorry for your loss, man. Losing someone/something you care about is truly a life-altering experience. You will recoup, I promise. And one day, sometime really soon, those happy memories of your friend will indeed make you happy again. So if you're thinking about about it, and remembering it, and it hurts, just give a chuckle to those memories.

As I get older, losing people doesn't get any easier... I just have more happy memories to comfort me.

yea, It helped knowing it was coming, but i had atleast was thinking that I could be there... He went very fast at 2 pm, I rolled in from school at 3:10. We took him to the vet for cremation, should have him again by tomorrow... sad... Im sad to see him go, but he had a good long life, and I can honestly say, he was a perfect cat..

Sry to hear about your lose spuds... ...I know he pain, we had to put one of our cats alsleep a couple of weeks ago, she was not even a 1.5 years old. She had a rare cat virus called FIP, i think i took it harder than my wife... She was my gaming buddy, she would sit on my lap and watch me game and occationally take a couple bats at people moving on the screen. Hang in there bud, i will get better. If you do decide to get another cat, consider getting 2, that way they have a freind when you aren't there.

I lost my cat on June 1st of this year. It still brings a tear to my eye when I think about her. Im deeply sorrry for your loss, and if I may reccomend, get another cat. There are plenty out there that need homes. If I didnt get another after my cat passed away, the loss would be harder to deal with.

Hey man, those are hard things to take. I can understand what it is like. You think it is crazy to feel pain for losing an animal. But, after all, they really are more than that. You welcome them into your home, watch them grow, and spend time throughout the years, in both the good, and the bad moments. Those animals are our friends, family, and loved ones.

At leaste know that you gave him a good home. He likely had a better life because you brought him up.

My condolence to you and yours.

Hey sorry about the loss man. It can be a real sad thing to lose a friend like that but just remember one thing. You took care of him, gave him a great place to stay and made him a really happy cat. How you love him and how he was there with you all the time shows something alot of people don't have with pets. You gave him the best home and friend a cat could possibly have and be proud of that. The fact that you took the time to make this post about your cat is not weird, it shows that you're a very kind person and that you hold the things in your life the way they should be.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Just do not let him suffer man. He will be in pain in due time and when that starts to happen, you know what to do. Nothing worse than watching something or someone in pain and can not do anything about it.