Riddle of the day

Preacher

When asked this riddle, 80% of kindergarten kids got the answer, compared to 17% of Stanford University seniors.

What is greater than God, More evil than the devil, The poor have it, The rich need it, And if you eat it, you'll die?

Answer to be posted tomorrow 11pm EST if noone guesses it :)

Heh, I'll go with that ;).

What about this:

What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you get rid of it?

Als0---------

A curator has just met the man responsible for destroying thousands of dollars of art at his museum. But instead of being angry at the man, the curator is congratulating him. Why would he do this (Als0---Who is this man)?

Edited by campkillyorself

Heh, I'll go with that ;).

What about this:

What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you get rid of it?

Als0---------

A curator has just met the man responsible for destroying thousands of dollars of art at his museum.  But instead of being angry at the man, the curator is congratulating him.  Why would he do this (Als0---Who is this man)?

tobacco??? charcol??

Guest Suicide?
Guest Suicide?
Guest Suicide?
Guests
What about this:

answer:coal

..not too sure about the second one though. Firefighters putting out a fire, destroying whatever but saving the museum maybe?

What about this:

Another answer that works is "a newspaper".

A curator has just met the man responsible for destroying thousands of dollars of art at his museum.  But instead of being angry at the man, the curator is congratulating him.  Why would he do this (Als0---Who is this man)?

Just a stab in the dark, but is the man that destroyed the art actually an artist creating new art pieces for the museum?

I guess this isn't a "riddle of the day" thread anymore, so here's another one:

What walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening?

------Warning: don't scroll down unless you want to see potential answers------

What walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening?

What movie is this from? I can't remember...oh well...it's man. (born to crawl, walks in midlife and age with a cane)

What movie is this from? I can't remember...oh well...it's man. (born to crawl, walks in midlife and age with a cane)

Isn't that from the riddle off on Blaine in DARK TOWER?

A man: crawling on four "legs" in early life, walking on two legs, then using two legs and a cane in later life.

Heres one:

An iron horse with a flaxen tail. The faster the horse runs, the shorter his tail becomes. What is it?

(edited)
Easy riddle....answer: nothing

Correct

I once made a remark about the hidden books of the Bible. It was a lulu; kept people looking so hard for facts and for others it was a revelation. Some were in a jam especially since the names of the books were not capitalized, but the truth finally struck home to numbers of readers. To others, it was a real job. We want it to be a most fascinating few moments for you. Yes there will be some really easy ones to spot. Others may require judges to help them. I will quickly admit it usually takes a minister to find one of them, and there will be loud lamentations when it is found. A little lady says she brews a cup of tea so she can concentrate better. See how well you can compete. Relax now for there really are sixteen names of the books in the Bible in this story.

The iron horse: is it a needle pulling thread?

Edited by Preacher

Isn't that from the riddle off on Blaine in DARK TOWER?

Its the riddle of the sphinx. what has four legs, then 2 then 3? Four when it crawls 2 when it walks and 3 when it needs a cane. Man.

Edited by TheReverend(c)

Ok two men stranded at an airport decide to share a hotel room. They arrive at the hotel and pay $30 for the room. They pay $15 each and head to the room. After the men go upstairs the desk clerk realizes he made an error and overcharged the men for a $27 room. He gives the bell hop the three dollars and sends him up to return the money. On the way upstairs the bellhop decides to pocket a dollar, justifying it because the $3 doesn't split evenly. He returns the $2 to the men and goes about his work.

Each man paid $15 for a total of $30

Both men were refunded $1 each making the total they paid $28

The bellhop took $1 for a grand total of $29

Where did the extra dollar go?

Ok two men stranded at an airport decide to share a hotel room. They arrive at the hotel and pay $30 for the room. They pay $15 each and head to the room. After the men go upstairs the desk clerk realizes he made an error and overcharged the men for a $27 room. He gives the bell hop the three dollars and sends him up to return the money. On the way upstairs the bellhop decides to pocket a dollar, justifying it because the $3 doesn't split evenly. He returns the $2 to the men and goes about his work.

The extra dollar does not exist. It seems like you should try to add it to 30 but that number does not mean anything. The key is 28-1=27, not 28+1=30. There is 27 in the till, 2 in the mens pockets, and 1 in the bellhops pocket... if you really want it to add to 30.

I once made a remark about the hidden books of the Bible. It was a lulu; kept people looking so hard for facts and for others it was a revelation. Some were in a jam especially since the names of the books were not capitalized, but the truth finally struck home to numbers of readers. To others, it was a real job. We want it to be a most fascinating few moments for you. Yes there will be some really easy ones to spot. Others may require judges to help them. I will quickly admit it usually takes a minister to find one of them, and there will be loud lamentations when it is found. A little lady says she brews a cup of tea so she can concentrate better. See how well you can compete. Relax now for there really are sixteen names of the books in the Bible in this story.

acts

king s

pete. R

es ther

a mos

ruth

mark

lu; ke

revelation

numbers

job

judges

lamentations

he brews

jam es

OK, I got 15......still looking for the last one

(edited)

I remeber this one a few years back, but totally forgot the answer, but this time I saw the error the first time.

They should pay 13.50 each for a total of $27

Both men were refunded $1 each making each pay $14 and the total $28

The bellhop took .50 cents from each or $1 total, for the grand total of $27

Edited by NOFX

During WWII, there was a bridge connecting Germany and Switzerland, and on the German side, there was a sentry tower with a guard in it. He would come out every three minutes to check on the bridge, and he had orders to turn back anyone who tried to get into Germany, and shoot anyone trying to escape without a pass. There was a woman who desperately needed to get into Switzerland, and she knew she didn't have time to get a pass. It would take her at least six minutes to cross the bridge, but she managed to do it. How?