Open request to #2 regulars

Someone has brought up the issue of team balance again. It seems to keep coming up, and not for no reason. For whatever reason, imbalance happens a lot on #2 (I think because no scope promotes more teamplay). Basically, this is all I ask:

If you're good (you know who you are) then please help balance the teams yourself, early on. Often people start switching, but usually the score is 7-2 or so by then, and it's too late.

Switch early, and switch often if you have to.

Thank you.

I ask to switch sometimes, but if it is even teams(ex. 12v12), I don't switch until I see a major imbalance. If it is 12v11 and the 11 is losing, I will switch immediately. Sometimes I'm sleeping, so if you ever think the teams are unbalanced, don't hesitate to ask me first to switch. (There are some exceptions, for ex. if I'm trying to frag Norg or Anon or someone and they're on the team I'd b switching to.) :spin2:

Completely agree with you Mookie, I have not once not used auto'd when joining a game.

However something I have noticed, I have auto'd and been the only one on my time to see 4 or 5 non regs stack up on the other side before anyone else joins my side.

Then when people join my side it's normally regs using auto join, so we end up with an unbalanced side to begin with.

I auto, non-regs join the side they see as the easier of the two, leaving the more difficult side to be made up mostly of regs who work as a team.

It's a pain and there's nothing we can do about it, but as with cbble earlier (I think this was even raised in another topic) a load of regs ended up on T, and despite being 3 people down we worked as a team and were at one point 9-1 up with no way to switch without making the numbers even further askew.

If there's a 1 or even 2 player difference I'll switch, but when there's a 3 man advantage I'm not going to make it 4 just to try and even out how the games being played.

It's hard to tell on the first couple of rounds as the team who won the pistol round will have real guns, which usually guarantees them to win the next round. If the losing team bought out on the second round with what little money they had, then they're in the same situation with a weak gun. Of course, if the winning team gets another round with only a casualty or two, then that pretty much automatically says teams are stacked.

it's always fun when a team is getting stomped, then you switch over and can help mount a comeback, even if you don't win the map. Many times the problem is just that one team is unorganized, but if someone takes charge and get can people to strategize w/out being a jerk, it will turn the tide

it's always fun when a team is getting stomped, then you switch over and can help mount a comeback, even if you don't win the map.  Many times the problem is just that one team is unorganized, but if someone takes charge and get can people to strategize w/out being a jerk, it will turn the tide

honestly, that's the reason i get so mad... because some people don't like to listen, or simply refuse to. This game is so mechanical... people will do the same thing over and over and over... and all you have to do is know this to win.

also, when you're the last 2-3 people on your team, and the other team has a ton, or even if THEY only have 2-3...

DO NOT RUN...it's a dead give away and so many rounds are lost because someone is running when they shouldn't be.

do you have fun when you play cs rico?

jk, i get really mad at my team too

i have a ton of fun.... but i'm very competitive and i really like to win.

it's upsetting when people do things that are so "basic"

examples:

running when you're alone, and you have PLENTY of time to walk to where ever it is you need to go (i.e. picking up a dropped bomb when you're the last T vs however many CTs)

RELOADING AFTER SHOOTING ONLY A FEW BULLETS How many times do people get killed reloading? and this is because they shoot < 10 bullets... then reload. it's just plain silly.

like I said, this game is pretty mechanical... and the same things will happen over and over... if you WAIT for it. Mozzerella was camping on cs_office one day... and killed like the ENTIRE CT team.. and it was me vs him. I KNOW he heard me in the file room... cuz i bumped into the shelves... instead of running in after him, thus adding another kill to his round and a win for the Ts... I waited... for about 15 seconds... and he got impatient, and subsequently got headshot. CTs win.

You do have to think in this game too, you know?

I KNOW he heard me in the file room... cuz i bumped into the shelves... instead of running in after him, thus adding another kill to his round and a win for the Ts... I waited... for about 15 seconds... and he got impatient, and subsequently got headshot. CTs win.

Or you could have just ran out and killed him? If you knew he heard you, you must have known where he was.

I like to be sneaky...when i hear someone moving around, i'll stop or walk, wait for them to come rushing out and waste them...easiest kills to get by far. Yesterday on de_cpl_fire or whatever i got a buncha mp5 kills on guys w/ rifles just watching them run right by me

I KNOW he heard me in the file room... cuz i bumped into the shelves... instead of running in after him, thus adding another kill to his round and a win for the Ts... I waited... for about 15 seconds... and he got impatient, and subsequently got headshot. CTs win.

Or you could have just ran out and killed him? If you knew he heard you, you must have known where he was.

i did know he was there... and knew right where he was sitting... (or at least beyond a reasonable doubt, seeing that he did kill many CTs when they ran in that room)... but i had over 1 minute left, and decided my teams chances of winning were better if I killed him, over trying to rescue the hosties.

But like I said, I knew he'd get impatient... and i didn't have full health, and he had the p90. Aside from the TMP, that gun is the biggest load of crap in CSS. So I waited... :wiggle2: