That Poor Poor Vette...

Whitney

lol for $50,000-$60,000 i would rather invest it or do something more productive with it then buy a vette myself. what good is it when you have to park it every winter.

that first picture of the moose looks like some one kinda did some cut and paste job.

the other accidents look pretty sweet though.

' the vette engine'??? The gto's have ls1's. The ls1 was used on the c5 corvetts, the new c6 zo6's use a sbc 427 ls7... I am a pure chevy fanatic. My fathers owned a couple, coolest/fastest would have been his red hard top c5 m6. I am though, at heart a f-body fan. With some mods they can be made faster than vettes, but unless your doing it in a exotic, even if you beat a vette, he looks better loosing than you do winning.

Sure, you could prolly turn any turd into a vette killer, but to tell you the truth, 90% of vette owners dont buy that car to race it. Most of them are people that have grown up their whole lives drooling over vettes, and now they can afford one, and they have one. A vette is a awsome auto, you cant deny it with any concret reasoning... The vette is just awsome. And what about

'what good is it if you have to put it away each winter'

Either you dont buy it if you live were it snows, or you know that driving it in the other 3 seasons is so hardcore, that the one season of down times alright..... My fathers always had either a camaro or a vette, untill he got married for the fifth time, and got into rv'ing. The car(s) sat all winter, so what?

So what? It's a waste of money. That's what. Cars are a horrible investment and if your car is just collecting dust and depreciating in value, why would you want to waste your money on it? Financially you'd be better off selling it rather then keeping it in a garage. But hey, Americans spend approximately $25 billion each year on crap like beer.

Oh and actually, the 2005 GTO uses the LS2 V8 engine, which comes from the Corvette. The 400-horsepower LS2 6.0-liter V8 replaces the LS1 for 2005. This is the same engine used by the 2005 Vette.

Edited by YoMamma

c5 zo6

DFDAB717-82E9-4847-8A9E-34A75BB8FC6A.jpgClick here to see Video

lingefelter c6 ( OMGOODNEES!!! )

http://www.lingenfelter.com/C620054271038hp320.mpg

And let me tell you, the only import I have mild respect for are the awd ones like the subies and the evo's

Heres a DSM that thought he might be able to hang, now rice boys, bolt on anything you want, we ain't scerrrrrd

http://www.importevolution.com/videos/drm.wmv

Edited by Sgt. Spuds

the ls2 is close enough to a ls1, its basically a 350, with a small stroke i believe. As far as I know, your thinking of the base model corvette, I'm talking z06's

As far as financial responsibility, who cares, this is America. Nothing about owning a car of this caliper is responsible, the fun in owning a car like this is basking in the un-responsable-ness, these cars are expensive, they suck gas, they are high on insurance, and they have no room for passengers in the back... who cares.....

Just a side note

there is nothing wrong with saying that you dint like corvettes. That is a matter of personal preference. Yet saying that a corvette is a piece, or that it is a substandard automobile, is completely ignorant.

Edited by Sgt. Spuds

Sgt Spuds gets it. It's all about the car. i know when i finally am able to get my corvette i will baby it like no other. Racing it will be the lst thing cuz i wouldn't want to get any thing like a bug on it when cruzin at 169.

That video is awesome.

Not a waste of money imho, its worth it pound for pound. But Your intrest may not be in cars, and thats not were you want to put your fun money into, some do, its just a personal view on whats important in your life.

Never said I don't have an interest in cars. I dropped $2k in mods for my car. For the 3rd time, I just think vettes are a waste of money.

Thats a ford owner, what do you expect?

Rice1.jpg

Whitney_ when ever you do get your vette, remember they make horrible only cars. My father had a vette as his only driver on two occasions, and having a hard to get into car, with no room for passangers, can get annoying. Vette's = great weekenders though. Thats the one reason I love f-bodies so much, they have the performance of a vette ( once you unleash the beast ) but are easier to get into, cheaper, and in a pinch, you can get two hotties in the back! lol

Edited by Sgt. Spuds

lol. yes Spud i know. i already have all the rules and regulations down on what has to be done to get into my car and what can come in and all that other great stuff....I would never use a corvette as an only car! All the mileage ur puttin on it!