italy

while we are on the subject. i hate how italy is at the begining of the map cycle. so everytime an admin changes the map, then leaves, it goes back to italy..

no beef with the admins of course , but it blows the big one :hihi:

Edited by Brew

I wish we could just get rid of italy alltogether...

italy, the cs map right?

Maybe...

while we are on the subject. i hate how italy is at the begining of the map cycle. so everytime an admin changes the map, then leaves, it goes back to italy..

no beef with the admins of course , but it blows the big one

The map rotation blows with no admins around

Brew...I totally agree...bothers me a lot when I lose track of the score and fall into the italy trap...

Vovik...the rotation has to be as basuc as possible so that ordinary people who've never played on GC will come and play here...becuase supposedly the classics rule...thats just how I understand it...

Italy is only at the start of the cycles during the afternoon and overnight. During the morning, evening and late nights it's elsewhere in the rotation. They're varied so that there is some differences between sessions.

For more info on the rotation you can swing over here

As for italy itself, just like anoymo said, if we don't run some stock maps then it's tougher to attract new players. All custom map servers are ok, but it's tough to find players that stick there regularly in large numbers. People don't like having to wait to download every time the server changes maps. That said, I love having some customs in because it brings variety into the map life.

With just a few good maps to play, it's tough to get a good varied rotation. When the map night started I used to see a lot of feedback from people that saw maps they liked. That seems to have really fallen off. We could increase the rotation by added some of these great customs that Shep's put up for us, but we need you guys to tell us what you want!

I'd be all for adding some of the great customs like kneedeep (the doom map), de_alivemetal, and a few others, but only if a majority would enjoy playing them. We also can't overdo it because then we lose players since they don't want to download the maps (yes I know we have a fast download).

Well, if you guys can maybe toss out a few suggestions for de/cs maps to add to the rotation I can bring them up with shep, clue and shazz. Maybe we could spread them out per rotation. So that way you only see 1 or 2 during certain times of the day. And no, airdrop isn't one I'd recommend. It's a fun map, but I just don't think it's rotation material. A good one to end mapnights on though :)

/.02

I like Italy. I enjoy rushing the apt. If any map should be removed, it is Aztec. Aztec is a death trap to any T team that fails to plan perfectly; Italy can have about half of the CT plan, and win.

Edited by duma

• 1 month later...

Italy and Aztec are my least favorite maps yet they are some of the maps played the most. I wouldn't mind if either of these was removed from a portion of the day's cycle and replaced with some more de_clan_mill_beta, some cpl_fire, or de_newport_beach.

If Aztec goes, then Italy has to as well... ...neither is likely to happen, but there's one single objective.

Honestly, if Ts were actually patient, and camped the house, there would be absolutely no possible way for the CTs to win in more than a 5 - 5 situation. The camping spots would be diluted enough so that you're only shooting one or two terrorists on-screen at a time...

When the whole 11 man T team camps the house, though, I've fired at 6 different terrorists in the same screenful after finding the apartment and the hall empty. I had seen the house so stacked that Saris had to walk on the heads of the other terrorists, camping the top deck.

There aren't a whole lot of CT plans that will hold up to that, unless your CT plan was to call up your CAL/ex-CAL friends.

If Aztec goes, then Italy has to as well...  ...neither is likely to happen, but there's one single objective. 

Honestly, if Ts were actually patient, and camped the house, there would be absolutely no possible way for the CTs to win in more than a 5 - 5 situation.  The camping spots would be diluted enough so that you're only shooting one or two terrorists on-screen at a time...

When the whole 11 man T team camps the house, though, I've fired at 6 different terrorists in the same screenful after finding the apartment and the hall empty.  I had seen the house so stacked that Saris had to walk on the heads of the other terrorists, camping the top deck.

There aren't a whole lot of CT plans that will hold up to that, unless your CT plan was to call up your CAL/ex-CAL friends.

im sure decoy and i remember the fun we had on italy..the towers..haha =D