Your RIG

Vovik

Figured I'd post a pic of my rig.

The two monitors that are on are my primary system. The third monitor sitting up top is attached to my linux box under my desk. I use synergy to share my main computers mouse and keyboard with the third monitor. If you have two machines synergy is a fantastic little program. I have a Sparc5 in the closet (no monitor) that I keep running, but almost never use. (specs on my main machine are the same as I posted earlier)

I just built the monitor stand for the third display, so I wanted to show it off. :)

post-1341-1163815909_thumb.jpg

i really like the colour of the walls in that room.

Two colors of blue paint. One lighter than the other. Paint the darker one on the wall. Let it dry. (few hours dry, doesn't have to be overnight dry) Cut the lighter color with water (I used latex paint) and apply with cheesecloth. Sorta blot/smear. Play with it, figure out what works. :)

We have good color on most of our walls. Orange kitchen, yellow bathroom, dark purple in the living room (on two walls anyway)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just thought i'd post this up here as it related to my config. today i bought a x1950xtx master card, an ocz 700w gamextreme and 2x1gb ddr2 667 memory for 600 cash. it's a long story but basically the guy is on hard times and isn't having the time he expected to be able to play with his system.

so now my system has an x1950 instead of an x1900. i have a spare gamextreme lying around and 2gb of ram will come in handy in the next month or so when i get a core 2 duo. i came very close to picking up an asus p5wdh deluxe and e4300 today but i couldn't bring myself to do it just yet.

UPDATE:

Currently running:

-AMD 4200+ @ 2.4

-Tt Big Typhoon HS

-2gb OCZ Gold XTC

-Asus A8N sli Premium

-Enermax Noisetaker 600w

-eVGA 7900gtx

-Creative X-Fi Platinum

-250gb SATA II WD

-all inside Tt Armour (black)

I just got in:

-eVGA 680i sli motherboard

-E6600 Core 2 Duo processor

I should be getting the ram in soon. I ordered OCZ Gold XTC PC-6700 ram, JUST as they went on backorder. Hopefully I'll get it up and running after this weekend. Next week's my university's spring break, so I'd like to get it in real soon. I'm gonna do some benchmarks and fps tests before and after, using the AMD and the Intel processors. This should be fun :)

What would be a good choice for a CPU and power supply? If my system freezes could that be on account of the power supply? If I go to a dual core cpu I would need to upgrade the mobo.

Shaftiel

Is it the alluminum Allied PS? Looked at a few reviews and seemed to fair well just not a big name brand. There is nothing wrong with that, I have a Coolmax 450w for almost 3 years now and I love it. Adjustable 120mm fan, weighs in like a brick, not a big name brand but a good bang for the buck.

Oh well my Coolmax died a couple of weeks ago. Sad to see it go, was my first aftermarket power supply. Still 3 years isn't bad I guess, dunno. I replaced it with a Antec Smart Power 2.0 500w. I can't tell any difference in my system over my the Coolmax. :D

just got a core 2 duo e4300 a couple days ago. combined with a p5w dh deluxe and 2gb of ocz platinum pc2 6400 edition rev 2. running at 2.4ghz stock vcore. gotta put my big typhoon on before i go higher. even at 2.4ghz i'm getting noticeably better fps in source than my 2.8ghz dual core amd. my fps rarely drops into the 60s now.

I just finished a few hours off working on my machine too. Frames with two bots in a regular arena for DM (UT2k4) was running from 250-550 fps. :) Mine increased too.

Also running stock @ 2.4

Geez Cujo, I beat you for like 2 seconds, now you're gonna go overclock it... :P:D

I just finished a few hours off working on my machine too. Frames with two bots in a regular arena for DM (UT2k4) was running from 250-550 fps. :) Mine increased too.

Also running stock @ 2.4

Geez Cujo, I beat you for like 2 seconds, now you're gonna go overclock it... :P:D

you're still beating me by 2mb cache though. i only have the 2mb e4300.

UPDATE:

Currently running:

-AMD 4200+ @ 2.4

-Tt Big Typhoon HS

-2gb OCZ Gold XTC

-Asus A8N sli Premium

-Enermax Noisetaker 600w

-eVGA 7900gtx

-Creative X-Fi Platinum

-250gb SATA II WD

-all inside Tt Armour (black)

I just got in:

-eVGA 680i sli motherboard

-E6600 Core 2 Duo processor

I should be getting the ram in soon. I ordered OCZ Gold XTC PC-6700 ram, JUST as they went on backorder. Hopefully I'll get it up and running after this weekend. Next week's my university's spring break, so I'd like to get it in real soon. I'm gonna do some benchmarks and fps tests before and after, using the AMD and the Intel processors. This should be fun :)

Nice setup Dark. My system's almost a year old now so I figure I'll drop a Dual core 64 and a "GeForce 8800 whatever" around my birthday (June 1st). Thats should be when UT3 comes right?

My system's almost a year old now so I figure I'll drop a Dual core 64 and a "GeForce 8800 whatever" around my birthday (June 1st). Thats should be when UT3 comes right?

oh there's gonna be plenty of new stuff out by then no worries.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I thought I'd finally post here. :)

-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ @ Stock 3.0 GHz

-2 GB G.Skill DDR2 800

-MSI K9A Platinum

-Sapphire x1900XT 256 MB @ 625/725

-Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic

-2x 80 GB Maxtor HDs

-Rosewill R6AR6 - Black

Nothing is over clocked right now. I had my video card at 650/775 (XTX speeds) in my old computer but right now it's at the stock speeds. I don't plan on over clocking anything as of yet and if I do I will wait until Winter. I plan on getting a new hard drive and Vista when it becomes a bit more reliable. I'd probably buy another 2 GBs of ram at this point too.

Edited by VooDooPC

Got new hardware about a month ago...

EVGA 680i motherboard

Core 2 Duo E6600 @ stock 2.4 GHz

4 GB OCZ RAM

Fatality Sound card

1000W BFGTech PSU

2 x 160GB HardDrives

Antec 900 Case

Planned upgrades in the next 6 months...

1.) Puchase Dell 24" UltraSharp

2.) Puchase a Quad core cpu when the price is lower and

3.) Install my copy of Vista Ultimate when becomes stable.

Edited by Sgt. Slaughterâ„¢-TopBrass

EVGA 680i motherboard

4 GB OCZ RAM

Fatality Sound card

1000W BFGTech PSU

2 x 160GB HardDrives

Antec 900 Case

Forgot the Video...

2 8800GTX 768MB BFGTech SLI

EVGA 680i motherboard

4 GB OCZ RAM

Fatality Sound card

1000W BFGTech PSU

2 x 160GB HardDrives

Antec 900 Case

Forgot the Video...

2 8800GTX 768MB BFGTech SLI

even a 24 inch will hold back those video cards unless you upgrade/overclock that cpu. 3ghz is no sweat and will go a long way to getting the most out of those cards.

as dark said, with your budget why not go 30inch? you'll get far more from that system.

if you do end up getting anything less than a 30inch i'll forward you my address so you can send me on over that spare 8800...

ya the downside to the 30 is that it only has 1 dvi and that's it for connections. there probably are good quality dvi kvms though that you could purchase.