Your RIG

Vovik

here's my latest specs. a new mobo and another hdd added.

ASUS P5K Deluxe

Intel E6600 @ 3.2GHz w/ 1.4v

4 x 1024MB PC2 6400 OCZ Platinum Rev.2 @ 800MHz (4-4-4-12) w/ 2.0v

ATI X1950 Crossfire Master

SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum

2 x WD Raptor 150GB RAID 0

1 x WD3200KS

1 x WD4000YR

Pioneer DVR-212D DVD±RW

Tt Armor Aluminum Tower

Enermax Galaxy 1000W

DELL 2405FPW

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will have the rest of my system tomorrow as a matter of fact. Will start putting it together tonight so all I gotta do is toss in the mobo and vid card tomorrow and start the OS install. Should be fun to say the least. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I wont get technical.

Its a old Dell I got in 2001 that has slowly grown into a usable Pc.

2.5 Ghz 400Mhzfsb P4

4x256 gigs of rambus Pc800

Sapphire X800 GTO 256mb

Maxtor 7500rpm 300 Gigs

Sound blaster live of some sort.

Dell 15" monitor (A large monitor) :o

Dvd/CDR writer/Floppy

I also have headphones with a mic, a keyboard that Im comfortable on and a trustworthy mouse that is attached to my computer by a cord. :)

(edited)

My Specs:

Intel Cure 2 Duo 6420 2.13 Ghz @ 2.8 Ghz

4 Gigs of Geil DDR2 PC800 RAM -- 4-4-4-14 Timings -- 2.15 Volts

Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus Motherboard

eVGA 8800GTX 768MB Video Card

Antec P182SE Case

Enermax Liberty 620-Watt PSU

20 Inch Widescreen ViewSonic LCD Monitor

Tritton 5.1 Surround Sound Headset

OS Hard Drive: Seagate 160Gig SATA-II 7200RPM

Secondary HDD: Western Digital 300Gig SATA 7200RPM

Edited by ZeroDamage

grinner, you shoulda sold that ram a couple years ago. i got over 300cdn off a british guy on ebay for 2x256mb about 3 years ago. now it's goin for about 100cdn. still a lot for legacy product.

zd, have you got the mobo to settle down?

grinner, you shoulda sold that ram a couple years ago. i got over 300cdn off a british guy on ebay for 2x256mb about 3 years ago. now it's goin for about 100cdn. still a lot for legacy product.

zd, have you got the mobo to settle down?

Yeah. it posts just fine and all. Performs great too; it is a great over clocker. Unfortunately the board has an issue with the IRQ settings and the onboard NICs. If you have to reset your cmos, you may as well plan to either reinstall windows or install a separate network card.

• 2 weeks later...

For my Birthday I upgraded my AMD 64 3500+ (o/c @ 2.4) to a dual core 3800+ (o/c @ 2.4).

Also swapped out my 7900 GT with a 8800 GTS 320mb. Cost of upgrades was $299 for vid and $84 for CPU.

My old setup running 3DMark2006 scored a 4288 and new parts scored 8037. Almost doubled my performance for under 400 smackers, not bad. Seems the 8800's overclock well but I will try that later.

And yes, Oblivion plays much much better now :luxhello:

system update.

i just set up raid 10 with 4x500gb wd5000aaks drives. new specs below:

ASUS P5K Deluxe

Intel E6600 @ 3.2GHz w/ 1.5v

2 x WD1500ADFD RAID 0

4 x WD5000AAKS RAID 10

Pioneer DVR-212D DVD±RW

Tt Armor Aluminum Tower

Enermax Galaxy 1000W

DELL 2405FPW

(edited)

Wow Cujo! Do you think you'll ever be able to fill up that TB? :) If you do, you'll never loose it I guess...

Recommended application: Database server requiring high performance and fault tolerance.

btw, how's the enermax galaxy treating you? You've got a sweet system man.

And bush, i hope you're getting even more frags now with that 8800gts. If not, well, it's just cause I'm not around anymore.

Edited by DarkArchon

Amd 64 3500+

2gigs pc3200

Epox Board

x800pro

antecTru480

Z-Board

Wireless intelli-mouse

Audigy soundcard

1 40gig drive, 1 80gig drive

dvd player/cd burner

windows XP

Music goes to my mixer then splits to 2 amps. A 900w amp/18" Peavey bass setup and a 600w Technics Reciever for mids/highs going to a JBL 15" and 12" plus lots of tweeters. :P

forgot, i use a really really really old 21in monitor. I need a new one.

Still going strong, only change is my 19in LCD. Don't game much anymore so, its good !

system update.

i just set up raid 10 with 4x500gb wd5000aaks drives. new specs below:

ASUS P5K Deluxe

Intel E6600 @ 3.2GHz w/ 1.5v

2 x WD1500ADFD RAID 0

4 x WD5000AAKS RAID 10

Pioneer DVR-212D DVD±RW

Tt Armor Aluminum Tower

Enermax Galaxy 1000W

DELL 2405FPW

What are you doing with all that RAM and storage? I have a 250gb Maxtor and it's only about 1/4 full.

(edited)

lots of hd tv shows and movies. i currently have 580gb free out of 931 on my raid 10. my videos folder is 251gb and my download folder is 75.3gb. i've been downloading the hd versions of movies i already own in dvd form because the quality is so much better. i just can't afford the dual layer dvds to burn them on. for example, the first pirates of the caribbean movie i have in 1080p is 12.3gb.

why download them you ask? the reason is twofold. 1. i don't feel i should have to pay for higher quality versions of the same movie i already own just because the technology changes. 2. i refuse to buy into hddvd or blueray until there is a clear winner.

i download hd tv shows despite the fact i pay for hd because i feel it's the same as recording them but i don't have to manually skip the commercials. plus i can watch them when i watch them. i pay for hd mainly to watch sports but also to make myself feel justified for downloading the shows. plus there are shows that us canadians can't get because we can't get many american or british channels. top gear is one that comes to mind.

wow this got long and way off topic. oh well, better get it back on topic.

i should probably remove the pioneer burner from my specs as i no longer have it in my system. there is no room for it. thankfully i don't burn stuff that often. i'll have to get an e-sata enclosure for it. all 6 of my internal sata ports are used.

edit - oh ya, the ram is for vista. superfetch is a great feature. ram is also dirt cheap right now so why not. same with hard drives. when you can buy 500gb for $130 taxes included why not get raid 10.

next upgrade will be my vid card for colin mcrae: dirt.

Edited by Cujo

lots of hd tv shows and movies. i currently have 580gb free out of 931 on my raid 10. my videos folder is 251gb and my download folder is 75.3gb. i've been downloading the hd versions of movies i already own in dvd form because the quality is so much better. i just can't afford the dual layer dvds to burn them on. for example, the first pirates of the caribbean movie i have in 1080p is 12.3gb.

why download them you ask? the reason is twofold. 1. i don't feel i should have to pay for higher quality versions of the same movie i already own just because the technology changes. 2. i refuse to buy into hddvd or blueray until there is a clear winner.

i download hd tv shows despite the fact i pay for hd because i feel it's the same as recording them but i don't have to manually skip the commercials. plus i can watch them when i watch them. i pay for hd mainly to watch sports but also to make myself feel justified for downloading the shows. plus there are shows that us canadians can't get because we can't get many american or british channels. top gear is one that comes to mind.

wow this got long and way off topic. oh well, better get it back on topic.

i should probably remove the pioneer burner from my specs as i no longer have it in my system. there is no room for it. thankfully i don't burn stuff that often. i'll have to get an e-sata enclosure for it. all 6 of my internal sata ports are used.

edit - oh ya, the ram is for vista. superfetch is a great feature. ram is also dirt cheap right now so why not. same with hard drives. when you can buy 500gb for $130 taxes included why not get raid 10.

next upgrade will be my vid card for colin mcrae: dirt.

Are you downloading HD TV shows or recording them?