Brillow's Wedding and Honeymoon Pics!!!

Brillow_Head

***** UNDER CONSTRUCTION *****

Just got back from z honeymoon, got a digital camera full of about 150+ pics from the honeymoon, wedding, and rehersal. Also have a CD full of more pics from the wedding. I'll be spending some time this week picking, editing, deleting, posting.

Stay tuned!!

...Brill, for the sake of taste, please don't show anything that would make Quag say "Giggity"...

...other than that, I'm definitely up for some schweet wedding pics.

You and your blushing bride had a two-person LAN party, right? Right?

Well, I'm not going to pretend to know what cat5 means other than a type of coax cable.

I've got about 20+ pics below for your viewing. I do want to take a moment and reflect that while my wife and I are enjoying our new bliss, others are having it a bit more difficult this holiday season. Duke for one, I've lost my mother to cancer 6 years ago and it was a hard thing. I can't imagine the strength you have to carry on like you do...I sure dont have it. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife, and your wee little ones through these times. My most sincere hopes for a happy Christmas and a great new year for your family!!

Second for Fatty and family dealing with a nasty (and disgusting) bought with the flu. You guys are troopers. I hope you find a happy diversion durring your cleanup and carring for the sick kiddies. I don't envy you one bit. :)

Okay, with that said, here we go, starting with the Wedding. I don't need to do much explaining other than the one in the white is Jackie, my wife, and I'm the lucky, semi-balding, sligthly overweight character standing next to her in a few pictures.

wed_01.jpgwed_02.jpg

wed_03.jpgwed_04.jpg

wed_05.jpgwed_06.jpg

wed_07.jpgwed_08.jpg

wed_09.jpgwed_10.jpg

The next series of pictures was of the honeymoon we took from the 11th-18th of December. We took a cruise from Miami, FL to Key West on the first day.

At Key West we chose to do some snorkeling off the island at the 3rd largest coral reef in the world. The water was a bit murky and cold but it was so amazing to see a living reef and all the life that swarmed around it. We could only stay in the water about 40 minutes before you were shaking too badly from the cold. Most people were wearing shorts and t-shirts on the way out. The boat crew was wearing sweaters, hats, long heavy pants and the captain told us straight out we were underdressed. He was right...on the way back everyone was shivering and cold. Luckily he had a bar on-board and fed us warming alcohol all the way back to the port. I wish we could have bought an underwater camera but no luck, so you get to see our smiling faces and the cruise boat.

wed_11.jpg

wed_12.jpg

wed_13.jpg

wed_14.jpg

***** Continued *****

On the second day we docked in Calica, Playa Del Carmen in Mexico. It's part of the Yukatan Pennisula and only an hours drive from Cancun. There was loads to do, but you could only do one tour cause we were only in port 6 1/2 hours and most of the tours took 4+ hours. So we decided to do a Mayan ruin and jungle tour. We were almost late getting on the tour bus cause the boat was really really slow letting us off at dock. Still we made it to the busses before they left.

The tour guide was extremely knowledgable on history of the area and the best part of the whole tour was listening to his stories. We picked up a few trinkets at a obsidien scuplture tourist shop along the way. Prices were decent and the free tequilla was great. They had some really beautiful scuptures but we were on a budget...perhaps some day we could go back and get some of the really great pieces for home and family. The tour itself was so-so. We expected to see more ruins and have more time to examine the jungle. Instead, we say about 4-5 ruin sites and walked through a boardwalk of about 2 miles through dense jungle. :boo: It was fun overall, just no what we expected.

wed_15.jpg

wed_16.jpg

wed_17.jpg

wed_18.jpg

wed_19.jpg

The third and final day on the boat was a "fun day at sea." We had done all the fun stuff on the first three days (first "real" day was the day in Miami port) so the fun day was more of a 'go watch a few shows, pig out at the buffett line, and watch close circuit movies.' Very relaxing.

Friday was unloaded from the boat and because our flight didn't leave until Saturday we saw that the cruise line offered some miami tours as well. We picked a tour that went to the Everglades. This was very very fun.

We were the first ones off the boat, which was great, and had another 30-40 minute ride on the bus to our tour location. We had another great tour guide who was very informed on the everglades and what we should expect to find. Once we go there the were almost immediately put on one of those air boats...very cool, very cool. So we zipped and zagged all over the swamplands taking pictures of alligators, turtles (didn't get any good ones) and learned more about the everglades. Once we got back we saw a 20 minute show all about the alligator. Sorry, no wrestleing...it does great damage to the critters and they don't want that. Jackie got to hold a 2 1/2 year old alligator named Snappy while I took a picture (it cost me 3 bucks). We walked around a bit more, took more pics, ate some food. The offered alligator nuggets which they say tastes somewhat of a mixture between chicken and light fish.

wed_20.jpg

wed_21.jpg

wed_22.jpg

wed_23.jpg

wed_24.jpg

wed_25.jpg

Afterwards we rode the bus back to Miami and listened to the basic history of Miami and Miami beach all the way back to the Spanish invading. The bus dropped us off at the airport (they dropped everyone off at the airport) and we called the free shuttle to our hotel...hehehe, worken the system. The rest of the afternoon and evening was relaxing movie watching.

And know we are back!! Yay!!!!

nice pics brill. grats buddy. although that pic kinda looks more like de_losttemple it was hilarious.

nice ATI shirt in that pic btw, lol. has she said whether or not you can come to FF yet? lol, hopefully it all works out again, it was a blast last year. again, grats and i hope nothing but the best for you two as your lives are just begining!