Only my luck...

NOFX

So if you check out the car forum, you will see I purchased a pickup a few weeks back. Well, it has a June 05 inspection sticker and it will not pass because the rear tires are bad.

So today I decide to take it out of my parking lot, I drive to work and on my lunch Im going to get tires and an inspection...

I drive over to the tire place, purchase used tires that will pass, I then drive less than 3 minutes down the road to a place that does inspections...

I get in the left turn lane to turn in, and notice it is busy, so I decide to drive 3 minutes up the street to Merchants...

In the process a nice police officer that was in front of me in the turn lane notices my failed inspection and decides to pull me over. After explaning to him I just purchased the truck and showed him my 4 used tires in the bed of the truck that was replaced no more than 5 minutes, and informed him I was I was actually turning in to get an inspection until I saw it was to busy, so i decided to get an inspection up the street, he still gives me a ticket for failed inspection....

I know I can go to court with a receipt of my inspection, and get it dropped, but I still get to pay the lovely 40 dollar court cost.... Not to mention that court date happens to be on a day that I will be in Norway on a business trip... gg

Edited by NOFX

... show him some skin?

If I show skin I bet it would get me out of the ticket.........

you know with my rock hard abs...... jk!!

But what state does inspections NOFX?

In minnesota there is no inspections.

If there were a 1/3 of the drivers here would be screwed. Seriously people drive up here in minnesota in the winter with only rear brakes!! I have seen it!!

Thats terrible NOFX.... I know how you feel. Some police officers can be real jerks.

yea, I dont really care that much man, its just the principal of the whole thing. Where is the christmas spirit???

If I was driving around for a while, its understandable, but this thing didnt leave my parking lot until yesterday!! and I got pulled. I can't talk my way out of tickets for anything, I never have and I doubt I ever will. I was however being very nice and thanked him for the ticket. hahahah

Thats terrible NOFX.... I know how you feel. Some police officers can be real jerks.

yea, I dont really care that much man, its just the principal of the whole thing. Where is the christmas spirit???

If I was driving around for a while, its understandable, but this thing didnt leave my parking lot until yesterday!! and I got pulled. I can't talk my way out of tickets for anything, I never have and I doubt I ever will. I was however being very nice and thanked him for the ticket. hahahah

Thanked him? lol.... I can never see myself doing that.