Rumors About The 360

eb0

#1. Microsoft isn't making any profit on the actual consoles at the moment, only games, controllers, accessories.

Answer: This is mostly true, at the moment Microsoft is making minimal to no profit on most of their 360 systems.

#2 They overheat all the time and have many issues due to the fact its the first shipment.

Answer: The 360 has actually had the fewest send-ins for hardware failure due to faulty parts or progamming. The overheating is taking place due to people putting it in between in their home theatre systems. Jamming it between your DVD player and Reciever is a terrible idea and thats why most of the overheats are taking place.

#3 The xbox 360 shortage was planned by Microsoft.

Answer: The shortage was not planned by Microsoft, but it was the inevitable event which happened by rushing it into the market to make christmas cut offs.

I'll try and answer any other rumors you guys are hearing.

#1. Microsoft isn't making any profit on the actual consoles at the moment, only games, controllers, accessories.

Answer: This is mostly true, at the moment Microsoft is making minimal to no profit on most of their 360 systems.

#2 They overheat all the time and have many issues due to the fact its the first shipment.

Answer: The 360 has actually had the fewest send-ins for hardware failure due to faulty parts or progamming.  The overheating is taking place due to people putting it in between in their home theatre systems. Jamming it between your DVD player and Reciever is a terrible idea and thats why most of the overheats are taking place.

#3 The xbox 360 shortage was planned by Microsoft.

Answer: The shortage was not planned by Microsoft, but it was the inevitable event which happened by rushing it into the market to make christmas cut offs.

I'll try and answer any other rumors you guys are hearing.

Good post. That clearifies a lot of things for me about the 360

eb0

Never heard this one before, but as with all other products celebrities are blessed with getting the first of everything, sometimes even before that product comes out. By giving celebrities free Xbox 360's when they are seen playing it or talking about it, that action preys upon americas youth that when they see it they have to have it. So thats probably a marketing ploy that will make the Xbox 360 a more desirable product to consumers.

So pretty much the same way famous people get the new Ferarri that comes out in 2007 but somehow have had it since 2004,

That would make sense to me if Microsoft even had Xbox 360s to sell.

Some person who is in love with Justin Timberlake sees him with four Xbox 360s on TV and think to themselves, "Oh, I must go buy one!", then they get to the store to realize that not only is the store out of stock they have a 50 person long waiting list.

Dumb on Microsofts part in my opinion...

http://entertainment.msn.com/xbox360launch?photoidx=24

yea i have a question for ya here. first things first... not that i doubt you cause most research ive done gave me the same answers but where are you getting your answers from?

i have a 360 and love it. however, the first one i got crashed and wouldnt turn back on. i then recieved another one and it has been starting to act up however hasnt crashed as of yet. hehe, good thing i bought a warranty on it. i will get a new one here but i am going to wait till there isnt a such a shortage or unless it crashes again completely.

however my question is this.......

i have been hearing from gamestop and bestbuy that they dont think they will have them stocked regularily on the shelf till around mid-march. have you heard the same thing?

*also a little tip. when my first one crashed the first thing they asked me was if i had it standing up or laying down. apparently alot of the problems the 360 has been having has come from it being used standing up so i would suggest if you have one or are going to get one use it laying down rather then having it verticle as for some odd reason it is causing problems. it doesnt make sense i know but this was straight from them and gamestop also. also, DO NOT move it from the verticle position to the horizontal position while it is on and the CD is spinning. it WILL wreck the CD. it scratches the crap out of it.

eb0

My brother is in a high up position in EBgames, not sure if its midwest district manger or what his position is actually titled but he is in direct communication with microsoft about problems that are being brought to him, he sent me an email that had 173 ?'s and a parapgraph response to all of them

eb0

Mid-march sounds about right, but that might be actually kind of late dependant on where you live, larger cities will have a harder time keeping them on the shelves, if you live in a smaller city expect about mid february, larger mid march early april

Mine had a heat problem... not all of them are like that of course. But they replaced mine in like 4 days. Yeah more consoles aren't the money makers it's the software and accessories.

I really enjoy it.... there'a sense of community in there too. plus i have it hooked up to my pc to stream music. I heard that Windows Vista will be xbox360 compat of course!

• 2 weeks later...
Mine had a heat problem... not all of them are like that of course. But they replaced mine in like 4 days. Yeah more consoles aren't the money makers it's the software and accessories.

I really enjoy it.... there'a sense of community in there too. plus i have it hooked up to my pc to stream music. I heard that Windows Vista will be xbox360 compat of course!

Are you on XBox Live??

When my buddy finally received his replacement 360 they sent a new power bar (that battle club that plugs into your wall) and they told him that that was the defective part and is what caused his first 360 to malfunction...

he also received a second copy of PGR lol...(they already sent him one free one) so he traded it in on an HD...

He also now has 6 return boxes that had originally been held up at the border...people are offering him $50 for them on the Xbox forums...lol