are you in college

stutters

it might be too late for the most of you, but if you still have books to buy, check out

http://www.bigwords.com

i meant to post this earlier, but forgot until i had to do my shopping. best deal of the semester, a calc book was $120 new at the bookstore, $75 used at the off campus used bookstore, and $12.83 through bigwords.

and no, i get nothing for the referral. :D

GC Alumni
also there is amazon.com

I know a lot of people at school that have saved over $200 dollars on their books by using amazon

bigwords will query all major resellers, including amazon, ebay, textbooksx, etc.

i run into my campus bookstore, jot down the isbn's from the required books, jot down their new/used prices, and plug it into bigwords. sometimes with tax + shipping, its worth it to buy it locally. i'd say 90% of my books were purchased online, though.

and bookmark that site for the end of semester. i just sold back all of my books through bigwords (except math + chem--i hang onto those by choice) for about an 80% recoup of expenses.

also there is amazon.com

I know a lot of people at school that have saved over $200 dollars on their books by using amazon

bigwords will query all major resellers, including amazon, ebay, textbooksx, etc.

i run into my campus bookstore, jot down the isbn's from the required books, jot down their new/used prices, and plug it into bigwords. sometimes with tax + shipping, its worth it to buy it locally. i'd say 90% of my books were purchased online, though.

and bookmark that site for the end of semester. i just sold back all of my books through bigwords (except math + chem--i hang onto those by choice) for about an 80% recoup of expenses.

I have all of my books but next time Im going to look on there first. I can get everything for my books online because they have the book orders online at Bowling Green.

My book on that thing is more expensive then I'd have to pay at the on campus bookstore.

sometimes with tax + shipping, its worth it to buy it locally. i'd say 90% of my books were purchased online, though.

Even without tax and shipping. :D

130 dollars at bookstore, about 150 on Amazon before tax and shipping.

Barns & Noble has free shipping on orders over 25 dollars but they had none in stock. :(

(edited)

My life will not be complete until I figue out which is better (or worse)...

Wisconsin or Canada?

Edit: Wow, I just realized how random and useless this post was

Edited by discombobulated

Yeah I get to rent most of my texts, and usually end up spending less than $100 per semester on books, when I know the students in Madison (hah, no text rental there!) are spending about five times that for the same major (Biology). I also attend a state campus in Wisconsin.

Yeah I get to rent most of my texts, and usually end up spending less than $100 per semester on books, when I know the students in Madison (hah, no text rental there!) are spending about five times that for the same major (Biology).  I also attend a state campus in Wisconsin.

I got an engineering degree from madison, and one semester when i had 18 credits I spent over 700 on books and class notes. I think they offered me about 12 bucks when I tried to sell em back.