Just curious?

Tyranus

I wasnt trying to be rude at first. I am sorry it came across that way I was being rude to bubble and I am sure i am not the first. You guys have always treated me like family and for that I am greatfull. I didnt look at it like fatty just put it. about change and smaller families. This must be why i am frustrated. Didnt realize I swore. All apoligies. I did have lots of fun when you all tested that server the other night and it was all gc. When I say I i dont think Tyranus I think (member of yer community)so maybee I just thought you would hear my voice and not take it personal.

That's what I love about this place. Get it on the table and hammer it out!!

I think we came away from this with something. Let's look at a private server. Now, history has shown that it'll get some action for a week or two...then it dies. But that doesn't mean it will be that way this time.

Maybe we have enough clans that it would be different. Dunno.

I would agree to a GC only server only if we yanked TWO public servers.

I dont know any GC member that would be adverse to pulling public servers to be able to play with other gc members more than they currently do.

Hmmm....not so sure about that...some people call those servers home, no?

However, #1's fate is in the balance. It might improve us to let that server go....but that's to be discussed in a couple weeks. I told everyone we'd give it a month and a fair shake and then revisit.

To Mookie: I gave SJ the keys to the GC PRIVATE PARTS server with an rcon for him to distribute to ALL GC about a week ago or so.....

I would not be in favor of reducing the number of servers.

A good gaming experience depends on having a good number of players here. Even if we could just keep a single server going at full strength with members, what would be the point? Playing only among 100+ people would get very stale very fast, and it would destroy the ability to bring in fresh blood. GC would plod along for a while, then just rot as people started to lose interest.

Before we get rid of Number 1, i'd like to to at least take a vote. Anyways i miss lunk :( I like having a server in another region, but if anything is going, #1 has seniority!! Anyways, let's make an effort to get #1 back up! I see 5 GC's in scopeless and #3 why can't we take some time out and get #1 going, and then you can return. Ever since the marrige thing my time allowed for playing has dropped... I use to log about 30 hrs a weeks, now i'm lucky if get 3. I'm gonna need some help keeping the spirit strong. We're accepting LA application too, since i'm the only one here.

Before we get rid of Number 1, i'd like to to at least take a vote.  Anyways i miss lunk :(  I like having a server in another region, but if anything is going, #1 has seniority!!  Anyways, let's make an effort to get #1 back up!  I see 5 GC's in scopeless and #3 why can't we take some time out and get #1 going, and then you can return.  Ever since the marrige thing my time allowed for playing has dropped...  I use to log about 30 hrs a weeks, now i'm lucky if get 3.  I'm gonna need some help keeping the spirit strong.  We're accepting LA application too, since i'm the only one here.

Although # 2 is my "home" server I have been in # 1 almost

exclusively. I have found it picked up a little bit. We need a couple

of things here though. More admins. For sure. We also need LA

in there & thinking "outside the server" # 1 at one time was GC's

flagship server & did not need to distinguish itself from other

servers. It looks to me that those days are gone. Time to start

changing things up to spice the server up. How about a weekly

OSS tourney or something? Along those lines.

First off, I have to correct Berge, mapnight is Saturdays at 9 est, not cst.

I just wanna sayoff topic here, that of all the players in the server that I play with, Tyranus is hands down the BEST guy for watching the board and switching teams to even things up, no matter what his score is or his stats are.

Thats why I like the dude :peace:

lol - pwned, baby, pwned!

It wasnt about me.  I asked 5 times wheather or not they were gonna keep doing custom maps.  SO I could go somewhere else and practice.  I was ignored.

I think Strangefamous was running the show at the start, but I also know he left for a while. It's possible that at the time you were asking nobody was listening that knew.

yeah, knowing strange, he was probably doing a pda to pda file transfer while calling on his voip-enabled tv remote to turn on his microwave. just a guess, though.

To Mookie:  I gave SJ the keys to the GC PRIVATE PARTS server with an rcon for him to distribute to ALL GC about a week ago or so.....

whoops, problem at the hardware store. keys will be made available in another thread...

lol - pwned, baby, pwned!

It wasnt about me.  I asked 5 times wheather or not they were gonna keep doing custom maps.  SO I could go somewhere else and practice.  I was ignored.

I think Strangefamous was running the show at the start, but I also know he left for a while. It's possible that at the time you were asking nobody was listening that knew.

yeah, knowing strange, he was probably doing a pda to pda file transfer while calling on his voip-enabled tv remote to turn on his microwave. just a guess, though.

To Mookie:  I gave SJ the keys to the GC PRIVATE PARTS server with an rcon for him to distribute to ALL GC about a week ago or so.....

whoops, problem at the hardware store. keys will be made available in another thread...

Acually he was there but might not have been there cus he was dealing with the guy that made the map. I said Strange! 5 times lol so he was probably busy. Its cool. Clue made me horny ;)