Just curious?

Tyranus

I just got out of my cal match and saw some things I needed to work on. Went to server #2 Scopeless. (This isnt a gripe) They were doing custom maps. I was wondering if there is a time schedualed for that if there is a way to know when thats going on cus I found it hard to work on the ak skills not knowing where I was. Don't get me wrong Pirate ship was fun. And that other new one was cool. I was just wondering if we could not do it on Mon. I know i am only a reserve slot guy and I dont post a lot. And I have a temper sometimes. But for the most part I feel like I try to help keep the rif raf out and have contributed to fun game play. I hope I am not oversteping my bounds in asking this question. I expect nothing just wanted to express a concern of mine? I dont want to go find another scopeless server to practice on if I did I would not have paid 50 bucks :P

Practicing for CAL.......in a scopeless server....

you sick person....

My suggestion: if you're just going to work on skills, find a pub server with the map you want and go in and kill and practice. Keep in mind that we're about community first, along with teamwork, etc....and skill is somewhere down the line in importance.

Come home to have fun.

I didnt want to be taken wrong I liked some of the maps. I was just curious if it was gonna be like that most mondays. And if you have to remind me not to be a stat hooker my feelings are hurt you. I always am the first person to kill myself 10 times when the server jacks up and there are no admins in:P What happened to mmmmtrop? You know i didnt do 100 dollars cus honestly I am a butt and dont deserve to be admin :) And I cant say ill go play somewhere else cus there are 50 others waiting to play all the time. What happened! I went away to war and came back and now its a whole nother beast then it once was. Or maybee I have changed. Anyway sorry for being the little guy voice. But i dont really see that mattering anymore. See ya when im get back on my medication :P Dont become too comercialized guys. Even if you dont listen to me step back and ask some of yer close buddies that use to play here why they left? And there is always the posibility that I am just paraniod! Only gc reads this right. Didn't want to say it outloud or anything. (Hangs his head in expectance to see his ban in teh morning)

d00d

i don't know what the beast was like in the black and white days, but hwhen i started playing gc (i'll remember when i see that Joined: date to the left of this post lol), i kinda always saw scopeless as "the custom map server." they didn't always play customs, but #2 was "scopeless with customs in kind of in rotation and on the maplist." #1 was that nasty machine that would always pwn the tar out of me. come to find out, that (#1) was the cal-esque battle grounds. #3 is just the psycho ward. no other category fits.

on a side note, if [VI] is looking for a punching bag, the .gc twl team is up for a scrim. shoot me a PM, anytime. seeing as we haven't really practiced or scrimmed or played a match yet, who knows what kind of competition would be, but i'm sure it would be fun.

(edited)

I know what you mean tyranus.

I think the main reason why it isnt like it was when it was just recrud, is because we have gotten so big.

Recrud was top dog when I started, mainly because it was the only dog. If a GC member was playing CSS then they where in recrud. It was fun seeing half the server GC or even more than half. Then Scopeless came and it prospered very quickly and found a whole new group of people for GC. I dont know if you remember but then another server was opened a 36 man server, forgot the name though(temarious?). It never really got as good as the others.

Everything is supposed to be about the community for gc correct? Making it fun for the community to play on our servers.

Well IMO the past 3-4 months it seems like the expansion of servers is more for the non members than the actual members. I can jump on our servers at prime time and see 3-4 gc members. Thats prolly why I even been pubbing on our xT pub lately more, it is more fun to joke around and pub with 8-12 other people that I know then just see 2-3 gc members who some of them especially the newer ones i have no idea who they are.

Maybe just maybe instead of promoting the expansion of GC to more servers and more people we should restrict more and promote more of a family than promoting an organization.

Edited by M2

I can see both sides :P John we would love to play some. Ill Pm you some time. I do agree with M2 though I used to have way more fun than I am having and you can say its attitude. I am one of the relics that know when your not having fun to disconnect. But what M2 said is the feeling I get from numbers of people who know longer Run. I mean none of these people even know what the pup rush is. Dont get me wrong I love that a good thing has prospered. I just hate to see a good thing forget how it got there and if you think its because of fatty. Yes he worked hard but its the community of great game play and attitudes that got it to this point. And I am sure because of my wild opinion I will get shoved to the door. But I will always have my idiots.

Here ye here ye, Monday shall now be Tyranus day on the GC servers. As soon as he enters after his CAL match. Admin must freeze the server and ask Tyranus which map he would like to play and what weapons he would like his opponents to carry. All players are to go to the positions as directed by Tyranus so that he may practice his skillz in shooting in those directions. All stats will be turned off so that Tyranus cannot be seen as a stat whore. Please note that on Mondays, Tyranus' skillz and CAL importance are now #1 on GC's priority list.

You know what, let me stop here and say one thing. I have the utmost respect for you as an armed forces member. Thank you for your work in that arena.

Now, moving on to your thread here. I had lots of respect for you and really didn't think much of your post until it got to this point:

I went away to war and came back and now its a whole nother beast then it once was.  Or maybee I have changed.  Anyway sorry for being the little guy voice.  But i dont really see that mattering anymore.  See ya when im get back on my medication :P  Dont become too comercialized guys.  Even if you dont listen to me step back and ask some of yer close buddies that use to play here why they left?  And there is always the posibility that I am just paraniod!  Only gc reads this right.  Didn't want to say it outloud or anything.  (Hangs his head in expectance to see his ban in teh morning)

Ya i figure no one would say anything.  Pull tho lips off the booty.

Why apologize when you feel like none is needed is the first thing that comes to mind. You aren't sorry, I guess it just makes you feel better. GC is still about everything it was in the beginning. Its about the community, not the person. We are more than happy to hear the thoughts and ideas of the little man, but in the end its the decision of what is best for the majority is what matters. If you can't see that your request was about serving yourself, then that may be where the problem lies. I was dismissing this thread until I saw what I quoted above. If that's the way you feel, I don't know why you're still around. Why would you pay $50 to be badgered around by the tyranical dictator that is Fatty and his little minions. People haven't responded to your thread because they understand it was started because YOU were inconvienced and what YOU wanted didn't serve them. It has nothing to do with whose lips are where. If we've seen it once we've seen it 100xs. I don't get my way, you guys are donkey kissers, who's comin with me as I tyrade out of here. Yes some leave, and actually develop places of their own. Honestly, I'm happy for them. They can play by their rules and we'll play by ours and everybody will be happy. GC in one form or another has been around for 7 or 8 years and as long as people want a quality place to play without dealing with the imaturity that comes inherent with gaming and younger kids, it will continue to be around and thrive.

I was working on that reply while the last two posts were made. Your concerns there seem dignified from my point of view. That is the kind of feed back we are looking for. Thanks for that input. GC's expansion is always debated at the board level. There are pros and cons to both. We feel that bringing this atmosphere to more people promotes better game play. Your point is duely noted that now when you sign on, you hardly know people any more.

Play on #1. Bring back the competitive feel to that server, which has a reduced mapcycle, and awps ta boot. Or not.

Yes, we've gone through a growth period here with servers....but we steadily increase our membership too. Soon we'll follow this build time with steady increase in traffic and quality.

I've always said: you can never have too much of a good thing.

It's always a work in progress.

We feel that bringing this atmosphere to more people promotes better game play.

but when it becomes too many people its just like a normal server that people know the rules on and abide by them. Its starts loosing the community/home feel when it gets so big.

Ways to bring it back to the way it was?

Maybe making an only GC server, yes the cons of this is it will take gc away from the other servers and also admins. IMO everyone joined GC to be apart of the community and when we grow so big we could have our own private server to have fun on I think that should be the first thing we strive for.

Maybe strive to make the inner GC community feel more like a home then going for the whole community.

Its kinda like giving your nephews a better gift than your kids.

It wasnt about me. I asked 5 times wheather or not they were gonna keep doing custom maps. SO I could go somewhere else and practice. I was ignored. Excuse me for not understanding how the servers work. Thank you stuttering for politely explaining it. And yer gonna acuse me of walking out like Jerry Mgwire wow. And taking yer fish. Cus honestly thats all that would go right. Wow I have watched for 4 years and now you can aford to talk to people like this must feel good. I however do not have the same liberty. If its about community why are the people who are expressing concerns stomped out. Like the prior comment. Yes your right bubblegum I am a little troublemaker nothing more. I never cared about your server. Nor did the countless guys that when you sucked sat as the only player till the server filled up that have come and gone before me. You keep treating people like this and I will not feel bad about your fate in leadership. Glad i could be there for you weather you can see it or not and thanks for listening to me.

I've always said: you can never have too much of a good thing.

when you have so much of a good thing, it starts to degrade and not be as good as the original

We could yap about philosophies and beliefs for years....I could answer back about how lovely change is etc....

As GC grows, so does it's inner circles...and people find their own nitches to call family, both close and distant. The fact of the matter is: you get out what you put into it, and people will always come and go.

These EXACT things have been said before...twice....three times...wait four..aww heck, lots of people said we were going the wrong way. As I look back, I like us better than I did before....each time. We improve over the years. I mean, I am really liking us and where we're going right now....

...and you'll never be able to please everyone.

ps. what, about a year ago we attempted the "gc only" sever. It got cut due to lack of use if I recall correctly. Dunno, we're more now. Right now we need to stay the course with our current configuration tho. Full steam ahead.

Tyranus, you are really going overboard now. I mean quickly. You go from "ME ME ME" to the victim very quickly. I deleted your second post instead of issuing you a forum warning for language.

You keep treating people like this and I will not feel bad about your fate in leadership.

I mean, you're really either off the deepend or drinking too early in the day, bud.

Maybe making an only GC server, yes the cons of this is it will take gc away from the other servers and also admins.

This has been mentioned a few times, by different people. I'm

gonna have to agree on this one. I thoroughly enjoy playing

with GC members, and that is just not happening anymore.

GC members are;

- clean, respectable, team oriented, good players. Gameflow

is smooth, and rewarding.

So, you can talk to me/fellow gc members any way you want, but when we reply we must speak in a soft tone. I'm not buying it. Yes, your first post was ALL about you. And then you pretty much accused the whole community of being donkey kissers when they didn't back you.

I never accused you of troublemaking actually.

Now, if your thread had started with the same tone as M2's reply or even your reply after his it would be a different story.

M2 - To address the server feel, you asked about a private server for GC only. This has actually been addressed with the up front rule that the newly formed GC TWL team have first crack at it for matches. Not sure that its set up yet, but I do know its in the works. All that needs to happen is for you to round up some fellow GC members and head in once its on the table.

It wasnt about me.  I asked 5 times wheather or not they were gonna keep doing custom maps.  SO I could go somewhere else and practice.  I was ignored.

I think Strangefamous was running the show at the start, but I also know he left for a while. It's possible that at the time you were asking nobody was listening that knew. Also, as you may or may not know, on Saturday the usual deal is that customs will go until the last admin is gone or nobody wants to play any more.

I understand your concern, but I guess the answer is that #2 is probably a different server than Mmmmtropolis ever was. It's attracted its own crowd, which I think is more focused on having fun than competitive gameplay.

Maybe making an only GC server, yes the cons of this is it will take gc away from the other servers and also admins.

This has been mentioned a few times, by different people. I'm

gonna have to agree on this one. I thoroughly enjoy playing

with GC members, and that is just not happening anymore.

GC members are;

- clean, respectable, team oriented, good players. Gameflow

is smooth, and rewarding.

Consider the cost.....pull more admins and GC: the good examples?

You can't have both. We have a couple servers where people mention that there's not enough GC around.

I would agree to a GC only server only if we yanked TWO public servers. We can't bail on our public game, especially at this time. If there's not enough GC around (or community members that you love to play with) then perhaps we DO need to scale back somewhere. The answer is NOT run away and hide and leave chaos in our wake.

With regards to Monday night Tyranus, it's simple.

Strangefamous had some customs he wanted to try out for

saturdaynight. He asked, we answered. It was almost unanimous.

Everyone wanted a sneek peak at the customs. This RARELY happens

on a monday night. Strangefamous asked about 1-2 maps before

you got in. Just bad timing on your part, thats all.

Bub it seems like it's been up and running a couple days, although all I've seen in there is SourceTV.

I think it'd be great to get some 5v5 going sporadically in there with anybody. Ideally it'd be nice to just give all members admin in there so they can also change the map at will.

Consider the cost.....pull more admins and GC: the good examples?

You can't have both. We have a couple servers where people mention that there's not enough GC around. 

I would agree to a GC only server only if we yanked TWO public servers. We can't bail on our public game, especially at this time. If there's not enough GC around (or community members that you love to play with) then perhaps we DO need to scale back somewhere. The answer is NOT run away and hide and leave chaos in our wake.

Yes I concur, this is exactly what would happen. The quality of

our regular servers would greatly diminish. Making matters

even worse.