Auto slay for tks

Vovik

As far as I know ( unless a specific server changed it ) its only for SPAWN killing and at the very beginning of the round only.

So, for those that it really effects my question would be:

Why are you shooting a gun or throwing a nade in your spawn in the first 5 seconds of that match?

edit: In other words Im 100% for it. Really cuts down on the punks lining up your head at countdown, AND cuts down on teamwounding ( shooting a teammate to 10% health as leaving spawn but avoiding the TK punishment)

Edited by Laz.e.rus

GC Alumni
(edited)

It's a bit harsh, but maybe it'll eventually make people stop shooting their pistols off in spawn. I've been autoslayed myself, worst was for bouncing a HE nade off the invisible ceiling at T spawn on cs_italy.

EDIT: That's how I found out there was an invisible ceiling there.

Edited by mookie

(edited)

I recently fell to this. I was selecting things from menu after the round started. I tried to click on one thing, but for some reason my menu was closed and I fired my gun instead. I hit Whitney and I died. It was an accident, and I never even meant to fire my gun. However, I think this might happen about once every 10000 times.

The other time that I see it happen, when it shouldn't, is on Office as a T. Often ppl shoot the window out before rushing garage. I have noticed the tk-kill feature take a person out who was just trying to shoot the window.

As for the argument for it... why do we really need it? If there is a person who wants to tk, they can just wait for the 5 seconds to go by. Of course there is the argument that a tker could hurt more ppl at the start of a round. But if a person who wanted to drop a nade and hurt more ppl within 5 seconds could do the same amount of damage with, or without this feature.

But honestly, I don't find it happen too often. I'm not 100% for it, or against it. There are other issues to resolve that are of greater concern that this (freezing).

Edited by duma

my problem is an individual team harming me down to 5 health on purpose and then saying sorry after doing it 3 or 4 rounds in a row.after admin came in he straightened up then left game.he had been warned by several gc but would not listen.dont forget the fact of continuing spawn flashing(people were watching him).i think people need to help out by either leaving to get an admin or to post inside forums so that we can keep these incidents to a minimum.

I've tweaked some of the settings for this. Basically, tkpunish was on in the settings, along with the menu stuff, some penalties for TKing, etc. It should be about how it was before. PM if there are more problems.

The settings were kept stock on #1 to test. They will be changed to be as before in the near future, i.e. when I have a spare minute. :)