joining gc

Mozzarella

I have been seriously thinking of joining gc. The only problem is I am continuing to have a problem with my connection in 1 and 2. My connection used to be no higher than 50 in those two servers and it still is consistantly above 100. My plan is to wait until the connection issue is fixed and then join gc. Just wanted all to know my reasons for hesitating joining gc.

Mozz

hmmm. well, where do you live? 1 is...obviosuly midwest, and distance matters directly with pingtime. also, have you changed ISP's lately? Quest is CRAP i have found, geek can also attest to this. my suggestions are:

pillage and rape Quest...burn to the ground.

get a new ISP

maybe upgrade your bandwidth to at least 784, if this connection still exists

also, 100 ping is really not that bad, it is all i used to get, until i upgraded. also, i have found that #3 and #4 somehow have really good pingtimes, but somehow #1 and #2 have the best, so i don't understand how they are not good for you. oh well, i know nothing, wait for fatty to help you out.

Download PingPlotter and plot your route to the servers to see what's messing you up...basically just insert the ip of the server (ie for #2: 216.86.154.200) and set the number of attempts to something like 100, then once it's finished select to save the results as a jpg and post them up here, and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this...we'd all love such a soft cheese to be a part of GC!!! :D

Yup I live in Colorado. I have not changed my isp. I have comcast and have the max dl and ul they have available. Believe me if anything else was out there better that was reasonablly affordable I would have it. I did the ping plotter thing. My results were posted in the forum under #2. I don't know what happened. It's just been like this for the last couple of weeks now at least. Lude, what did comcast change? Pleaes help me if you can I want to get my pings back to normal in 1 and 2. Thanks for all the attention. You know how much girls like attention! :wiggle2:

Mozz

Yup I live in Colorado.  I have not changed my isp.  I have comcast and have the max dl and ul they have available.  Believe me if anything else was out there better that was reasonablly affordable I would have it.  I did the ping plotter thing.  My results were posted in the forum under #2.  I don't know what happened.  It's just been like this for the last couple of weeks now at least.  Lude, what did comcast change?  Pleaes help me if you can I want to get my pings back to normal in 1 and 2.  Thanks for all the attention.  You know how much girls like attention!  :wiggle2:

Mozz

Yay, I'm not the ONLY newbie here!! =D

Hope you get your ping issues fixed. Or someone gonna getta hurt real bad. (I mean the ISP, not you)

HAHAHAHAHAHA...nice dumo...

:lol2::biglaugha:

Hey Mozz, think I should join too?? I don't have much money but it might be worth it because occasionally I get myself kicked by chewy and whatnot and when the server is full it's annoying having to wait for a spot so I can rejoin and then I start fuming about chewy kicking me but afterwards I get over it for the most part. I apologize for the run-on sentence.

Well, looks like my ping is back to normal. I'm just getting an occasional spike now. I'm gonna make sure my ping stays the same for a lil bit but I think I will be joining soon. I would like to be an admin though. I think I'm an appropriate person for the job. What do you all think. Also does any one know why my ping is back to normal? Were some setting set back or something in the servers?

Mozz

Well, looks like my ping is back to normal. I'm just getting an occasional spike now. I'm gonna make sure my ping stays the same for a lil bit but I think I will be joining soon. I would like to be an admin though. I think I'm an appropriate person for the job. What do you all think. Also does any one know why my ping is back to normal? Were some setting set back or something in the servers?

Mozz

There have been occasional routing problems around Chicago, causing some but not all to have huge pings. I wouldn't be surprised if it crops back up from time to time, but most of the time I'm sure it'll be fine. Of course in the long run if there are a lot of problems with the servers I'd imagine GC would change GSP again.

As far as joining, just take your time to be sure that it's something you want. Once you realize it is, of course get in touch with Fatty right away. :D

Mozz

I can't tell you whether or not there have been any changes to the servers lately or not, but I haven't really noticed a difference in my ping/latency in the past couple of weeks.

Some simple questions that need to get out of the way...

-are you the only one using your internet connection?

-are you wired or wireless?

-what router (if any) are you using?

-do you use anyother programs that access the internet while playing CS (like MSN/AIM/ICQ, Azerus, TS, iTunes, antivirus etc...)?

-did you contact your ISP about your problem?

-have you ever adjusted your rates? (cmd_rate, updaterate etc...)

-do you drink Coors/Coors light?

Mozz

I can't tell you whether or not there have been any changes to the servers lately or not, but I haven't really noticed a difference in my ping/latency in the past couple of weeks.

Some simple questions that need to get out of the way...

-are you the only one using your internet connection? No, hubby does too, but not often.

-are you wired or wireless? wired

-what router (if any) are you using? um linksys i think

-do you use anyother programs that access the internet while playing CS (like MSN/AIM/ICQ, Azerus, TS, iTunes, antivirus etc...)? dont think so, i have a fire wall allowing full css access

-did you contact your ISP about your problem? no because there were no other problmes with other games

-have you ever adjusted your rates? (cmd_rate, updaterate etc...) yes but dont know what i did, someone helped me

-do you drink Coors/Coors light? i drink sam adams, but the coors plant is close and i know a chemist that works there, come for a tour, we'll show u the special stuff