Looking for a new video card (not PCIExpress)

Ice_Berge_00

Well, I've been looking around for cards and it looks like my choices are between the BFG 6800GSOC and the All-In-Wonder X800XT, roughly $205 and #300 respectively.

hmm, seems newegg's having trouble with that cards info page, keeps pulling up some random search, here's the link from wayfarer before All-In-Wonder X800 XT

I don't need the All-In-Wonder Features, so it really comes down to is the performance difference between the 6800GSOC and X800 XT worth the $100? Thats what my situation is boiling down to. What do you guys think? Anyone out there with either card?

I'd love to go for Wayferer's X850XT PE, but I really don't wanna spend that kind of cash. BTW, I'm sorry if I sounded angry or rude, just very frustrating that I dropped $400 on my current card only to have it go thermonuclear a year and 1/2 later... :bang:

I like the x800 but don't need the all-in-wonder, Wayferers, the one you posted is an all-in-wonder btw.

opps sorry Ice berge. :unsure:

Sapphire Radeon X800 XT Video Card $369.00

Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition Video Card $396.84

ATI Radeon X850 XT Video Card $399.95

ATI Radeon X800 XT Video Card $334.00

Thats all I could find. The X 800 XT is a very good card. You won't be disapointed. I can't understand

why that price on the all in wonder card is so cheap. :unsure: That might be your best bet. Or for

the prices I came up with above you might be better off grabbing the X 850 XT PE.

Actually your best bet is Krutens if he can swing it.

Can anyone tell me how the peformance of the 6800gs compares with the 6800gt and x800?

AGP benchmarks for;

3DMARK05

Unreal tournament 2004

Half life 2 (source)

Doom 3

The Chronicles Of Ridjohnson

Pacific Fighters

The Sims 2

Thanks for the links to the benchmarks wayferer, unfortunately seems they didin't do the GS when they did those.

From what I've gathered though I think the GS is between the 6800 and 6800GT as far as performance.

I'm also surprised that the All-in-Wonder is cheaper than the regular card for the x800, maybe they're trying to get rid of them for the new model? Like clearing inventory perhaps...