#1 Mapcycle as of old

akaM2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Mr.SKiNz
Guest Mr.SKiNz
Guest Mr.SKiNz
Guests

What did you guys use to do a map rotation like that. We would love to do a timed map rotation on server but don't know what to use to it. Could you please help us to figure it out. :bang:

Nice first post! Welcome to the forums.

This is done using Mani and editing the crontablst file. It's in his documentation how to do this.....it's actually in that file....crontablist.txt I think or something like that. You'll find it in the mani dir.

ya, crontablist.txt

I would like to see some new maps on Stock. Its always italy, nuke, aztec, office or a few other maps Im not to familer with and it gets a little old... I'd like to see inferno, dust2 and good ole dust thrown in the rotation once and a while.

I would like to see some new maps on Stock. Its always italy, nuke, aztec, office or a few other maps Im not to familer with and it gets a little old... I'd like to see inferno, dust2 and good ole dust thrown in the rotation once and a while.

i will try and spice it up a bit

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Let's get Train back on the rotation. I miss that map.

(edited)
I think that rotation was designed to generate players. I think Recrud has been

doing well enough to add some flavour. Can I get a second the motion for train? Ya think?

I like it!

hahaha, wayf and his p r o d i g y

Edited by Mr.Cool

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I just do not know about prodigy. It's not the same map as I remember with cs 1.6 I just can not pinpoint why it isn't as good as I remember.

(edited)

Sometimes the server says nextmap is de_nuke, and it changes to office or italy. I keep forgetting to write down the times, but nuke is the rejected child atm...

I think maps should be added. Like Train, Inferno, Prodigy, cpl_Mill maybe even Chateu? Some Dust1 is nice sometimes too. Keep out Port and that stupid new hostie map they made, and I'll be happy =)

I'm kinda getting tired of Italy, Office, and Aztec ;/ And since its a pub, may as well throw in some more to the rotation.

Or have the admin mod do voting D:

Edited by NorgmaN

Maverick' date='Apr 3 2006, 10:29 AM' post='319159']

Russka is not exactly my favorite map, but I have to say, I like assault.

and what's the map with the hosties in the shed? make sure that one's on there too....that's a great map

cs_compound

Also if you're looking to spice things up, I've got a "short list" of about 30 maps that would probably be worth checking out. <3 Saturday Night Customs. :D

cs_kismayo, cs_thunder2006, and de_pariah (a drastic remake of the map cs_twilight) are sticking out for me ATM. I think all three of those are locked and loaded for Mayhem already.

Let's get Train back on the rotation. I miss that map.

I agree with zd on this map. Train is a fun map to play and it is also quite balanced. I think throwing dust in every so often would be cool too.

Sometimes the server says nextmap is de_nuke, and it changes to office or italy. I keep forgetting to write down the times, but nuke is the rejected child atm...

I think maps should be added. Like Train, Inferno, Prodigy, cpl_Mill maybe even Chateu? Some Dust1 is nice sometimes too. Keep out Port and that stupid new hostie map they made, and I'll be happy =)

I'm kinda getting tired of Italy, Office, and Aztec ;/ And since its a pub, may as well throw in some more to the rotation.

Or have the admin mod do voting D:

well we have rotating map cycles so if it says the next map is nuke then it changes to italy or dust 2, its prolly because it hit a time when nuke is not in the cycle and something else is.

This is what i would like to see changed in the rotation.. I'm getting little sick of nuke and 3rdstreet. I miss contra and train. Personally i can't stand the new inferno which is why i left it out.

02:00-08:59

de_dust2

cs_office

de_aztec

cs_italy

de_dust

09:00-11:59

cs_italy

de_dust2

cs_office

de_aztec

de_nuke de_train

de_dust

12:00-16:59

cs_italy

de_3rdstreet de_contra

de_cbble

de_cpl_fire

de_dust2

cs_office

de_aztec

de_nuke de_train

de_piranesi

17:00-23:59

cs_italy

de_3rdstreetde_contra

de_cbble

de_cpl_fire

de_dust2

de_russka de_prodigy

cs_office

de_aztec

de_nuke de_train

de_piranesi

de_dust

cs_compound

00:00-01:59

cs_italy

de_3rdstreet de_contra

de_dust2

cs_office

de_aztec

de_nuke

GC Alumni
(edited)

It would be nice to rotate contra somewhere, at least until after the end of week 5. I like 3rdstreet (even more after MCC), but I think I'll be able to go on living if it gets dropped.

Meanwhile, russka is up next week, so maybe it'd be worth keeping it around at least for another week or so. It is still getting some play on Mayhem though, so no big deal.

Edited by mookie

(edited)
17:00-23:59

cs_italy

de_3rdstreetde_contra

de_cbble

de_cpl_fire

de_dust2

de_russka de_prodigy

cs_office

de_aztec

de_nuke de_train

de_piranesi

de_dust

cs_compound

this IS what we need to see!!! I highly suggest we get a new rotation and this looks like an awesome setup to me.

Edited by NOFX