BlaBlaSPAM

duma

I'm wathcing what you are doing. You're making content to each post, but it seems like you are trying to make every thread have your name at the end. This is my presumption, and it is supported by your name. If you had been a regular before you 14 posts (increased by now I am sure), I might not have wondered. This is your public warning to stop, or explain to me that I am wrong. If you fail to, I will stop you from posting, thus ending my presumption of your goal.

use the ip lookup tool. that ip has also been used by:

slapdash

ephermal

i'm putting the brakes on this right now.

I don't know how to use that tool on my belt.

Next up: Cambridge Spamer (Tarmann) - see the UT forum.

whoever has used the account has already created a 2nd. you should see an ip address in the top right corner of everyone's post. click on it, then choose "find members with this ip," and you'll see the list.

I don't have that. I must not have the same belt that you do. Also, I am aware of Cambridge Spamer (Tarmann) - I'm just waiting for him to enter my world.

Can you ban the IP? I can't because I don't see it.... but if you can, that would solve the problem.

Good.

Fatty.... can you add the IP thing to my tool belt?

edit: SJ, I think you have more power than a normal mod. That is why I dont see the IP's and couldn't do what you could.

Edited by duma

nut
I'm wathcing what you are doing. You're making content to each post, but it seems like you are trying to make every thread have your name at the end. This is my presumption, and it is supported by your name. If you had been a regular before you 14 posts (increased by now I am sure), I might not have wondered. This is your public warning to stop, or explain to me that I am wrong. If you fail to, I will stop you from posting, thus ending my presumption of your goal.

wait so you are banning peoples IP's that post a post.. just so they can have there name at the end? yeah it's good to get rid of the exsess but.. isnt that a little overboard?

and by posting here i dont in any way mean to get my name at the end of the thread, i just want to know what you guys are doing =)

sounds fun

NuT- :shrug03::smiling2:

Edited by Capt.Coconut

wait so you are banning peoples IP's that post a post.. just so they can have there name at the end? yeah it's good to get rid of the exsess but.. isnt that a little overboard?

and by posting here i dont in any way mean to get my name at the end of the thread, i just want to know what you guys are doing =)

sounds fun

NuT- :shrug03::smiling2:

the guy was re-posting other people's posts, without quoting...he's also using the same IP as slapdash and others who we have previously restricted from posting...the IP will now be banned

sounds fun

---

if i would have stopped at the --, that's all those guys were doing. that's like one of those big words, plagersomething. ism? anyways, like slomo was saying, the owner of that ip has been warned for doing the same thing in the past, and now it's happened again. if you want to post nonsensical things, do it in the wonderland forum. that's its sole purpose. for the most part, these forums are filled with good content, and here for the benefit of everyone. instances like this suck the value out of the gc ballon.

now let's burn that ip :D

Cambridge Spamer (Tarmann) 64.8.190.51 2 Today, 07:42 AM Member Edit Member

BlaBlaSPAM 64.8.190.51 21 Today, 07:15 AM Member Edit Member

{GpL}slapdash 64.8.190.51 53 7-November 05 Member Edit Member

ephemeral 64.8.190.51 496 17-October 05 Member Edit Member

feel free to edit/censor whatever out of this post.

How much of my post did you read? Did you see the part where I told him I had a presumption? Did you see the part where I asked that he explain himself? Did you see where I explained that had he been a regular and chosen a different name that things might not have been the same?

Is there a way to eliminate the post count? Does it really serve a purpose?

Similar to stats, they could be eliminated and I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

even though fatty didn't spam to get his post count he rightly deserved it.... lol i don't think fatty could do that but that is just me

Is there a way to eliminate the post count? Does it really serve a purpose?

Similar to stats, they could be eliminated and I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

even though fatty didn't spam to get his post count he rightly deserved it.... lol i don't think fatty could do that but that is just me

You should see the Mmmm private forums, Fat has been practicing his ABC's in there. Why do you think he has almost 20 posts a day :freak:

Whatever.....

Post counts serve a purpose. If we don't allow spam, and the wonderland posts don't count, well, it's a nice indicator of how long one has been active in the boards (and at what rate, sure).

It also drives the ranks.

GJ catching the spammers today. Ignore coconut....seriously. Also, let's not let this get into more than it is. Post counts are not a bad thing.

I enjoy the fact that I have a high post count...I would enjoy it alot less if I felt that I was ONLY posting to up my post count...that would kill the entire feeling of it.

about this IP...is it possible that it's a school IP or something? maybe slapdash and ephemeral are being caught up in someone else's antics...

I can't do a trace on the IP...keeps timing out...so who knows.