Witt's daily frustration

witt

Ok, so for those of you who don't know me, I am a fairly irritable person with little to no tolerance for brainlessness. If you play on West, I'm SURE you know.

Anyway, today I was standing in line at the coffee shop waiting to get some caffeine (note- I'm even more irritable when non-caffinated). There were two people in front of me in line. The first person steps up to the counter, and asks for a cup of coffee.

Coffee Man: I'm sorry, we're out of coffee, we're brewing it now and it'll be ready in about 20 minutes. Can I get you anything else for the same price?

Anyway, the fact that they didn't realize they were low on coffee at the COFFEE SHOP ( :unsure: ) is beside the point. The lady in front of me, who was standing A FOOT AND A HALF behind the lady who just ordered, steps up to the counter (she was not wearing headphones, or talking on a cell phone at any point) and asks:

Ignorant Lady: Could I have a small coffee?

Coffee Man: /looks at Witt

Witt: /resists urge to slam head through glass pastry display :bang:

Anyway, so he did his whole "I'm sorry..." spiel all over again

And then I stepped up to the counter and asked for some coffee... :o

Coffee Man: I'm sorry, we're out of coffee, we're brewing it now and it'll be ready in about 20 minutes. Can I get you anything else for the same price?

It shouldn't take 20 min to make a cup of coffee.

I can take being called every name under the book, but I flip out everytime a customer acts stupid. My biggest peeve is when they do a PIN error with their debit card, I mean, jeeze . . . I'm as dumb as they come, but at least i can punch in 4 numbers correctly.

The only thing I hate more is scammers. I remember this order tonight perfectly:

"hi, could I get a crunchwrap please?"

"Anything else?"

"nope."

"Anything to drink tonight?" (I hate having to upsell.)

"I SAID that's it."

"(You said nope.) Drive through please . . .."

After delivering the goods, I get in the 'are-you-stupid' tone "Where's my drink!?"

I just shook my head and gave her the pepsi she wanted, wasn't even going to try and argue. Makes me want to kill people though. That's why I come home and play CS.

AAhhhhhahahahahaha...I feel your pain witt

Every morning I'm in a different Tim Hortons (canadian coffee kingdom...you should try it) and there's always a line up...and always STUPID people...they're everywhere...but without those stupid people, we'd have to all work a whole lot harder! I mean think about it...if those people making coffee (or the lack thereof) were smart enough they wouldn't be doing it (generally)...and if we had to pay smart people to make us coffee they'd charge an arm and a leg (im in no way saying that anyone at starbucks is smart...sorry if I gave that impression)

In my job I get a lot of smart people who are just ignorant to their own lives...everyday I get doctors and ceo's and company presidents who couldn't find the power button on their laptop to save their lives (oh I hope my crazy laptop survival scenario comes true one day!)

So many times am I called into a room with a customer saying "Your projector is broken"...at which point I look and the projector, which is on and projecting, walk over to their laptop and hit function+f4/f5/f8 and then attempt to explain to the client for the umpteenth time that they have to do that to switch their displays...the best one though one time was someone was complaining that their wireless mouse wasn't working..."uhhh...thats the projector's remote sir...you didn't order a wireless mouse..."

or the ever popular..."I don't think you plugged the screen in..." :biglaugha:

Hmm. I have a little #2 Cone Filter holder thingy, with a hole in the bottom. You put the thingy over your cup, put the filter in the thingy, put in the coffee grounds, then pour boiling water from a teakettle to the brim. One minute later: one cup of coffee.

Those folks ought to at least have an emergency coffee brewer (and better judgement as to when the big brewers are almost empty...)

Edited by Goofus Maximus

One time at Tim Horton's I was second in line and in a slight state of urgency as I had class shortly, and the lady in front of me ordered a large coffee, a pack of timbits (doughnut holes, i guess) and a cinnamon roll. The cashier reaches for the cinnamon roll and once she grabbed it, the lady said 'no, take it from the back, they're fresher!' in a very rude and commanding voice. Then, she took forever to select her choice of timbits. By this time I was just about steaming. But she wasn't done. the cashier rang it all up, and the stupid freaking lady decided she could add the total up better IN HER HEAD, GST and ALL!!!!, so she wasted a good 10 minutes doing that, only to find out that the MACHINE which had been PROGRAMMED to ADD PRICES and calculate TAXES was, in fact, DEAD RIGHT! All the while, there's a rather long line gathering behind me. Finally this stupid woman is satisfied, at least with her order, I can only imagine how picky she must be with the rest of her life. Being the polite little cretin that I am, I ask her if she's getting paid for doing the work of a cash register. I think I pushed her buttons, but she had nothing to say, just glared at me like I was something really really unpleasant that one would find on the bottom of your shoe. What makes people be so stupid? I don't know, but I have a solution to it. Round up all the stupid people and put them in a rocket to nowhere.

Might need a pretty humongous rocket though.