Mouse or Ball

ThruX

Well when i first got css i had a laser mouse but was so new to the game i was bad anyway.

A week or so later my wife brought home this logitech track ball mouse that the ball moves with the thumb. I think she was hoping i would not be able to use it and quit playing. Well im not to bad with it but i here people talking about their new mouse and mouse pad and how it is so much better. My bro know somewhat alot about gaming and says the ball is better for shooters but he does not playem so i dont know. should i stick with the ball or go get a new mouse and pad and spend a month sucking and getting used to it. Also if any of you know anyone who uses a track ball and can get some tips or tricks on em or if there is a better one i would like to thanks

how the heck can u use one of those things!!! i can't even click the start menu it takes me like 2 minutes just to get there!! i say get a mice optical mouse or lazer mouse.... don't get wireless! at least that i don't trust them unless it is bluetooth.... you can control and move faster..... and get a nice pad too.... i don't have one but i am going to buy one soon..... i am hearing that those glass gaming pads made specially for lazer mouses are awesome!

I have a razer plasma limited edition mouse from www.razerzone.com. The mouse is really sensitive + responsive, and everytime I use another mouse the other mouse feels slow and horrible. If you check out the products on the site, they have some mouse mats that apparantly make you better at gaming.

I personally would never touch a track ball mouse, but thats my preference, and games are all about what you feel comfortable with and not other people's preferences. Try and get a good quality gaming mouse, whether a razer or a logitech and make the comparison for yourself. It won't take a month to re-adjust to the new feeling, perhaps only a couple of weeks - it depends how much time you have to play.

get one of the logitech.. 1800 DPI mouses... the ones with sensitivity/DPI control on the mouse!

i got one for my bro.. he loves it.. its quite nifty.. the MX510 i think it is

i have the MX500 i think or the MX550

NuT-=)

how the heck can u use one of those things!!! i can't even click the start menu it takes me like 2 minutes just to get there!! i say get a mice optical mouse or lazer mouse.... don't get wireless! at least that i don't trust them unless it is bluetooth.... you can control and move faster..... and get a nice pad too.... i don't have one but i am going to buy one soon..... i am hearing that those glass gaming pads made specially for lazer mouses are awesome!

i use my laptop pad thing (dont know what to call it) but i think i need to get a mouse to try and use that one of these days.

you game with the Mouspad on your laptop??

NuT- :shrug03::shrug03::shrug03:

ya i think im going to get a razor mouse and one of those func pads. my wife leaves in a few weeks for a while so i can stay up late and get a feel for it and who know maybe you guys will regret telling me to get a mouse haha thanks guys

Basically, it depends on how good you are at it. I remember having to play Americas Army and Unreal Tournament (first one) with a trackball because I didn't have any other mouse. I was acutally very good with the ball. Then the trackball started to have issues and such so I moved back to the more traditional mouse. I think I play better with an optical than a trackie. It all depends on what you're more comfortable with. If you play better with a trackie, use one. If you play better with a mouse, use it.

Basically, it depends on how good you are at it. I remember having to play Americas Army and Unreal Tournament (first one) with a trackball because I didn't have any other mouse. I was acutally very good with the ball. Then the trackball started to have issues and such so I moved back to the more traditional mouse. I think I play better with an optical than a trackie. It all depends on what you're more comfortable with. If you play better with a trackie, use one. If you play better with a mouse, use it.

awww, u should go back to a trackball so we can call u "Trackie Chan"

i use my laptop pad thing (dont know what to call it) but i think i need to get a mouse to try and use that one of these days.

you game with the Mouspad on your laptop??

NuT- :shrug03::shrug03::shrug03:

yeah and it can be rather difficult when my finger doesn't like to cooperate

awww, u should go back to a trackball so we can call u "Trackie Chan"

Go away. :bang:

I have 3 gaming mice

Mx510-

Good mouse for its day, but its very heavy ( I removed the weight, don't ask ) and its pretty slow.. This is my back up mouse... BUT ITS SLOWER THAN STUFF!

Razer Diamond-

Great mouse, but very small for my some what manly hands... The back and forwards buttons on the side are hard to get too, but I still use this mouse. This is my every day mouse ever since I got the Copper Head for my gaming Pc.

Razer Copper Head-

This is my gaming mouse. Its very weird. I have been through 4 so far, they are very poorly made. The first two would randomly cut out or just start clicking, and the third one would double click every time I went to click. You may ask why I am still using the same type of mouse, well, simply put, its the best. I have tried other mice, and they are all worse than this as far as comfortablity, ergonomics, and weight. So I suffer by with this mouse..