Bah! Dog hair, cigarette smoke, EbilDustBunnys!!.

Anyone have a good idea for case and casefan filters? I used to use K&N hi flow filter paper to seal my PC cases but cant find that anymore out here. Folks with their cigarette smoke, pet hair and dustbunnys gum up a lot of their PC's heatsinks and PS. Any ideas? Any sites out there that sell the stuff? Thanx all.

ROFL... I know better then to get too close to people's computers and get sucked in. My best advice is one of the high pressured air crompressor thingies used for car tires.... My friend has this little one the size of a lunch box maybe two he keep in his patio and it's jsut used for anything. Pretty strong to blast stuff out. He has a little filter gun and yeah I dunno the exact name... but we have them at work too but it's a big hose from the cieling and yeah.

screens for filtering are not a good idea, is what i think. i just let the dust flow in and then clean out my comp once in a while. dust that builds on on filters stop the airflow into your case which is much worse than having dust on heatsinks and fans. just my thoughts.

I have an Antec Sonata, it has a cleanable filter on the front intake. For the rear intake I used one of those disposable filters you can get for your vents in your house. It's been two months so far and there is very minimal dust in my case. I clean the front filter every two or three weeks(just wipe it with a cloth) and I haven't touched the rear since I put it on.

Works for me.

HTH

-George

Unfortunately, the THG guys didn't think about the various problems involved with fatty-acids, such as polymerization and conductivity/corrosion. Long term, that computer they built is in a HEAP-o'-TROUBLE!

THG had a reader-feedback article about that piece, which pointed out the problems and offered various solutions and workarounds.

Personally, just adding watercooling would solve the problem even if the case is packed in lint and dust... except for the PSU...

scourge, that rear fan should be blowing out, not in.

It is, but with it at full speed, the case has vent holes in the back that air would get drawn in through as well. That's where I put the filter.

It was the intake for the ducting that put fresh air right on the CPU(the duct doesn't fit with the massive XP-90 cooler and vf700, lol).

-George