x800

DNA

i'd be excited. ya the vivo is bios flashable to a x800xt or higher. the pro is still a good card though. check the ramsinks when you get it. if they have gc16 on it then it could be flashable. if gc20 then not.

DNA
i'd be excited. ya the vivo is bios flashable to a x800xt or higher. the pro is still a good card though. check the ramsinks when you get it. if they have gc16 on it then it could be flashable. if gc20 then not.

It says Samsung gc20 on the chips soooo NO?? :(

DNA
' date='Apr 14 2006, 06:31 PM' post='323342']

Nope. Not flashable with the gc20 chips.

anything I can do to overclock it?? Using ATI tool? Recommendations?

DNA
' date='Apr 14 2006, 06:31 PM' post='323342']

Nope. Not flashable with the gc20 chips.

Cobalt my benchmark with the new card is 3689, and myn old 9800 was like 1987 maybe 2000, and my new 3dmark06 was like 1921..what do you think..Not bad with nothing down in overcloaking?

Cobalt my benchmark with the new card is 3689, and myn old 9800 was like 1987 maybe 2000, and my new 3dmark06 was like 1921..what do you think..Not bad with nothing down in overcloaking?

Not bad at all man. ESPECIALLY for that price. Throw on the Omega Drivers and go to town.

DNA
' date='Apr 15 2006, 11:53 AM' post='323474']

Not bad at all man. ESPECIALLY for that price. Throw on the Omega Drivers and go to town.

I am running the ATI 6.4 for now until omega gets his 6.4 up..right now he only has the 6.3 on.

DNA

SO I might be able to open it to 16 pipelines is that what you mean? If it is how do I go about flashing it?

i will give you everything you need if it is.

Cujo...I was able to OC this card to the same performance as the XT PE cards, and still have a temp under load at 64-68 degrees...thats not to bad right?

SO I might be able to open it to 16 pipelines is that what you mean? If it is how do I go about flashing it?

Cujo...I was able to OC this card to the same performance as the XT PE cards, and still have a temp under load at 64-68 degrees...thats not to bad right?

That is good, you got a great deal on that card.. My x800pro has the extra 4 pipelines laser cut, so poor me..

How you figure? I'd think it's impossible to get to the same 'performance' level with 4 less pipes with the same architechture.

That is a good temperature to get with a gpu overclock. You could also throw in one of those slot cooling fans for a little extra cooling if you are worried about it.

How you figure? I'd think it's impossible to get to the same 'performance' level with 4 less pipes with the same architechture.

It depends what he is using to make that claim. CS:S is probably not advance enough to need all the pixel pipelines anyways.

(edited)

it definately is advanced enough. he's probably exaggerating a bit. either way an oc of 520/560 core/mem would be pretty smokin with 12 or 16 pipes.

Edited by Cujo

DNA
it definately is advanced enough. he's probably exaggerating a bit. either way an oc of 520/560 core/mem would be pretty smokin with 12 or 16 pipes.

That was using the ATI tool benchmarking comparison. Since I have been runing it OC the temps have even done better, I only hit upper 50's during high load. It stock the bench was low 3000's and with the OC it is in low to mid 4000's.