Which situation would make you more upset?

Rashad

Which situation would make you more upset?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is no need to make a comment like that I do not think. But if you want to play that game I got a 3.6+ in aerospace engineering and never cheated once. That float your boat?

Whoa Farmer, didn't realize you were on the Mensa-level. If the price were right, could you build me a jetpack?

ps- My Mom has been out to Boeing and seen a bunch of their highly-classified projects because she did their latest campaign to the USAF. In exchange for the jetpack, I'll find a way to get you plans for a fighter!

I'd rather have them be caught cheating than smoking. I'm guessing I might have a better chance of catching them smoking than cheating, seeing as how it would be tough for me to catch them at school. And, your body will "catch" you if you are smoking (eventually).

I feel the same.

There is no need to make a comment like that I do not think. But if you want to play that game I got a 3.6+ in aerospace engineering and never cheated once. That float your boat?

Whoa Farmer, didn't realize you were on the Mensa-level. If the price were right, could you build me a jetpack?

ps- My Mom has been out to Boeing and seen a bunch of their highly-classified projects because she did their latest campaign to the USAF. In exchange for the jetpack, I'll find a way to get you plans for a fighter!

I will make the jetpack but not pay for the insurance. :) You have no idea how much I would love to get into one of boeing's secret research facilities... saw a bit of a lockheed one, just a glimpse, but wow. Talk about funding.

my boy is 13,my girl 12,cheating=beatdown,smoking=death.i've never smoked a cig in my life,so

they better not start.nastiest habit since picking your nose and eating it! :yuck:cheating only hurts yourself in the end(my foot breaking of in thier backside).

I wouldn't be mad at either... both are inevitable.. Its how you handle the situation, whether is becomes a habit or something repetative...

I would tell the kid if he wants to smoke he can wait till he is 18... and I would remind him of his family history, the 3-4 grandparents and uncles die from lung cancer, I would also remind him of all the hot girls that will flock to his yellow teeth and that if he is trying to be cool, there is other stuff to smoke, thats much better...

Cheating.... Im with Dunlavy on this one... except, Don't get caught..

Cheating is a character flaw...

And...it is really prevalent. The saddest part is kids no longer see it as a problem...it is okay to not have any personal accountability...it is okay to let others think for you...for others to make decisions...for you to rely on others...

Very sad I think.

The intellectual accountability and integrity of America is failing. Too bad. You see the hard working members of the world stage give more and more emphasis to thinking and striving...not in Amercia. You see a lot of lip service here in those areas. We want to be seen as thinkers and hard workers but we aren't...It is a social pathos. We are lazy and proud of it.

I would love to argue this with anyone, as I have been working in High Schools for 14 years. I have had hundreds of students from other countries as well as thousands from USA...

Smoking is also a flaw, but the choices leading up to it are a bit less momentous that the cheating...

Edited by Tek-Almighty

I cheated in a mock exam at the age of 16. They were basically trial exams before the big ones, and I was stuck on this maths question so I wrote on a piece of paper asking what a formula was, passed the paper to the guy behind me, who wrote the answer and passed it back :D

It didnt really matter that time, as it was only a mock exam and I was just testing the exam moderators who are useless.

I cheated in my real exams aswell. The old 'write the formula on the calculater lid cheat'. I got some pencil and wrote down loads of forumla's, and as its pencil is hard to see only if the light is right. And if they start checking your belongings just use a rubber and rub the stuff off.

I think I used one formula in the end, as the problem with the plan was that you write the formulas down and spend so much time checking that they are not easily visible that you accidentally learn them off by heart :biglaugha:

Anyway, kids will cheat forever if there is a way. I think it serves the schools right for using such useless exam moderators who are just there for some quick and easy money and dont care about what goes on. I hate the slack job that exam moderators do so much, that I wrote to my school when i left after my final exams telling them that they were useless and need proper training.

This thread is full of idealism.

Unfortunately the real world is not...that is why things fall apart.

Idealism makes people uncomfortable...it exposes their own prejudice, and sometimes weakness and shortcoming...

such is the way of things.

You should read The Hagakure. That is idealism, realized...and it was real life.

Idealism makes people uncomfortable...it exposes their own prejudice, and sometimes weakness and shortcoming...

such is the way of things.

That's sig material there. Nice post.

I went with smoking. It's purposefully putting your health in danger, and by now EVERYONE in America knows the consequences. It's downright stupid and selfish.

Cheating is also terrible, but I'd be more ashamed of my kid caught smoking than cheating on a test. Even the best, most studious students cheat sometimes. I'd take (as a parent) smoking as a slap in my face saying my child didn't care enough about their future (and possibly my future without them if they develop cancer) that they'd smoke.

I went with smoking. It's purposefully putting your health in danger, and by now EVERYONE in America knows the consequences. It's downright stupid and selfish.

Cheating is also terrible, but I'd be more ashamed of my kid caught smoking than cheating on a test. Even the best, most studious students cheat sometimes. I'd take (as a parent) smoking as a slap in my face saying my child didn't care enough about their future (and possibly my future without them if they develop cancer) that they'd smoke.

/lights up and smiles.

smoking students is more of a laugh... your just plain old stupid if you cheat on a test.. "and get caught"

NuT- :biglaugha::biglaugha:

Students lit on fire and smoked is funny to you? Sick!! :blink: