Mistake?

StepBack

What was wayf drinking when he decided that one? Oh right...beer...

***edit...lol...I thought you said "what was he thinking" point still holds true though****

My guess would be that he, Mags, and I (mostly he and Mags, as I just update the site) have put a LOT of time into the organization of the MCC this time around. To have people not be able to run a match in a weeks time is kind of like a slap in the face to them. Therefore, the hopes were that a message would be sent, but alas, we had 2 forfeits the next week. Although, you could be right, he could have been drinking beer as well!!!

That being said, he asked my opinion on the situation. My opinion is that if there was an agreeded upon time by both teams, and one didn't show up, seems like no-show should be the one that takes the hit. If you guys were there on a whim and just tried to get a match going "fly-by-night" style, then I think the both should take the hit. There's also the issue of whether it was attempted to play the match again another night. As I said before, he asked my opinion, but he is the commissioner. I just report the weather...

Here's the deal, People not showing up at appointed times are

going to get penalized. You have a week to get your match played.

For that matter, Team Spawn & Superman played their week 4 match

last Sunday. They were givin a week and a half almost! If there is no effort

to get the matches played, then the forefiet is going to cost you, period.

That being said, this post is the only one I found regarding your match with team Diablo, and it's not

very encouraging if thats the organization that went into that match. Unless

new information comes along, such as the opposing captain admitting fault, or

saved PM's, it looks like the planning was done on the eve of the event, which

is no plan at all, it's as BGB stated, "a fly by night deal".

However, I'm still undecided about make up matches. M2 (Green Goblin) really wants

to get Lex Luther to play a make up match. If thats the case, then there is no reason

team Magneto could not make up their match against Diablo.

(edited)
That being said, this post is the only one I found regarding your match with team Diablo, and it's not

very encouraging if thats the organization that went into that match. Unless

new information comes along, such as the opposing captain admitting fault, or

saved PM's, it looks like the planning was done on the eve of the event, which

is no plan at all, it's as BGB stated, "a fly by night deal".

This was by no means a 'fly by the night deal.' The match was set up via PM's between Amo and Cujo. The post you found was our response to the other team's "no show."

I started a Thread in our private forums on: Apr 12 2006, 01:51 AM to set up the match.

on Apr 17 2006, 07:09 AM, Amo posted:

I told cujo that any evening from 9-10pm est was good for us...maybe wednesday...?

on Apr 17 2006, 10:51 AM Amo posted:

Wednesday 9:30pm est

DNA let me know if you want/can play this match...

so far the roster is:

yomamma

stepback

leveller

mohawk

mo / DNA

on Apr 19 2006, 07:37 PM, DNA posted:

Dude I called in sick so i can play for once...I will be there... ahh ya im like one hour...yes!!

The reason this no show bothered me as much as it did was because DNA took off work so he could play. He has yet to play a match in this MCC and he was really looking forward to play that night...

After team Diablo was a no show Amo posted this post that you found.

There were talks about a make-up match for tonight, but considering we just played this week's match on Monday, our team members have already made other plans for this week. For example, duma and myself are busy with Finals at school. Amo and DNA are busy with work.

Anyway, I hope this clears things up, Way. :hug:

Edited by YoMamma

Perhaps if this is done again the team sizes should be increased. As far as our team (Superman) goes we have been one short the whole season (our captain no less). Getting the schedules of 5/6 gamers to all be able to play at any given time, not to mention having it work for the opposing team is tough. Telling me that not being able to get it done is a slap in the face of those organizing it seems unfair to me.

Perhaps if this is done again the team sizes should be increased. As far as our team (Superman) goes we have been one short the whole season (our captain no less). Getting the schedules of 5/6 gamers to all be able to play at any given time, not to mention having it work for the opposing team is tough. Telling me that not being able to get it done is a slap in the face of those organizing it seems unfair to me.

7 players per team should have been adequate. Only 5 people playing then

2 subs. This is not a permanent league, it's once a week for 5 weeks, a little

more if your team does well and makes the playoffs. Keep in mind 7 players

per team, with 12 teams thats 84 people.These matches are being played when

most people are usually playing CSS anyway. Your team, Farmer, has played

every match with your captain AWOL, these other teams have captains, so yes it is

a slap in the face. To you as well. Why should these other teams get second chances

when a crippled team is effectively making their matches? Both team Hulk and team

Spawn had similar problems by losing players. In fact team Hulk was down to 5 players

at one point. No forefiets. The forefiets are happening because these teams are leaving

their matches until the last minute. Even then I have been allowing extensions but no one

is coming forth to bother trying. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I thought my story sumed up everything nicely, but I guess not. Want more info? Why dont you ask Cujo for his side of the story, if he ever shows up

Your story did sum it up. I was there when no one showed up from team Diablo.

I'm aware you guys had 5 people ready to go. But it seemed to me at the time that

this match was all put together that day. A couple hours before the match. I saw your

clips from your private forums, but I need some input from the other team as well. I

will PM Cujo to have a look at this thread, seeing as no one is willing to take that step. I've

already given you guys till Sunday to make up this match, I would start planning for that

and try to get your match in. As it stands right now Green Goblin only needs to beat Maximum Carnage

to bump team Magneto out of the playoffs, and they are trying to get a make up match together

with Lex Luther. The most you can possibly get from these posts (if anything) is reductions to

your negative ratios not your positive ratios. That will not help your cause if Green Goblin

beats Maximun Carnage.

(edited)

i've been tryin to schedule a make up match with anon since that date. my net was messed that night and our teamspeak was down (unrelated to my net, ask jihad about it) so my team was unable to communicate. also, neither anon or i had a server set up... at least he never pmed me about one. i finally got on that night around 10:30 and was talking to him about this. that's why that thread was never answered.

i'm surprised with this topic. anon has said nothing about a forfeit. i was under the impression this whole time that we could make it up and i've twice tried to schedule a make-up. first sunday night and now tonight. now i'm worried about week 5 match cause decoy is not replying to pms. vovik has been replying in his place it seems but they can't get 5 together.

Edited by Cujo

Cujo, a couple of things, I know things happen and best laid plans etc...... and consequently whilst I was pretty disappointed the first match didn't happen at the appointed time (we did have 5 there, DNA bunked off work early for it and were waiting around for quite a while).

I think the reason for the post, wasn't a bash at Diablo, or yourself specifically, really more of a concern that we could see ourselves getting knocked out as a consequence of a forfeit that we in Magneto didn't feel was a deserved loss or -30 rounds.

I'm keen that we should have the match rescheduled, I'd hate to see Magneto knocked out because of a forfeit match, if we lose and are knocked out then so be it, if we get through then great.

I have started a topic in the Magneto private forum to find out if I'm the only person that wants it rescheduled, I'm pretty sure both YoMamma and Stepback feel the same way and I'm guessing Mo and at least one other will also so it should be doable.

my net was messed that night and our teamspeak was down (unrelated to my net, ask jihad about it)

must of been your net, teamspeak has been online for 19day 10hrs and 15 minutes. I saw some people join that night on our ts, i think it was kage and muffin kept joining and quiting.

(edited)

my net was messed that night and our teamspeak was down (unrelated to my net, ask jihad about it)

must of been your net, teamspeak has been online for 19day 10hrs and 15 minutes. I saw some people join that night on our ts, i think it was kage and muffin kept joining and quiting.

m2, jihad had one set up for my team to use. that's what i was referring to. we only used xt teamspeak for the first week.

leveller, i completely agree and would like to have it made up. you should not be minus 30 for this.

Edited by Cujo

*brain explodes*

Between this and work in the last couple of days I really need a vacation.

Yes, we are trying our darndest to reschedule this match.

Yes the times for the match had been agreed upon.

No the server was not scheduled, however at the time of the match we had a server that we could have played on if more than 2 members of Diablo had been there.

No I haven't said very much about a forfeit to cujo, because I understand his position and am not one to have poor sportsmanship. However, I will not be happy with my team being punished for this as we were all there at the agreed upon time, as were 2 of team Diablo...if it was apparent that there was a complete miscommunication between myself and cujo and none of his team had shown up then it would be a different story. But some of his team were there which leads me to believe that the rest of his players were simply MIA for the match...

Finally...it is completely unreasonable to dock 30 points from both teams in a forfeit situation. If the match were the final one before the playoffs and the top team was playing the bottom team (in terms of standings) then the bottom team could forfeit maliciously causing the top team to possibly no longer be top, which is a completely rediculous notion, which is why I was quite offended when the idea was revealed to me (it's probably posted somewhere, I just learned about it through Bub's post)

Doing the make up match will remove the loss and the -30 rounds

plus net you the new score you recieve for the match,

a win/loss, 1/2 your win rounds, and your full loss rounds.

All this talk is irrelevant. Getting those negetaive ratio's

back are NOT going to help you! Positive ratios are the only

thing that can help you get into the playoff rounds.

If you play a team you think your going to lose too and not show up. Then it's -30 for both. Anyway you look at that it's doesn't seem fair in the slightest. I'm all for the make-up match,but rules on teams not showing up and the team that does getting -30 rds along with the no-show has me brainfarting. I can see your point way....but a time was established for the match at least the day before match. the 2 players from Diablo that showed up told us they have no clue where the other players were. We sat there for over an hour of our night waiting for them to gather 5. I give up!