E3

Meatwad

Well I just got back from 4 straight days of E3, so throw questions at me. :luxhello: I work for this small movie/game design studio in Singapore called Eggstory/Eggfinity, but we had too many people running the booth so half of us got to wander around. I went to nearly every booth. :tired: Not paying the $560.00 for admission was sweet. Oh, and there's signs all over saying 18 years and younger not admitted, including infants. And no photography and videos unless you have a media pass. :laughcry: And yes I managed to get the rare tickets for the Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, and Square Enix theaters. :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice, DirtyBird was also out there for IGN, he answered all of my questions :P

Sucks, no Halo 3 or Valve booths. :( Oh and Wii sucks. PS3 and Xbox 360 are great, but they cost too much. :bang:

Oh, and forgot the best part, 3 guys from our booth got tickets for the Square Enix theater, but left for the Nintendo Wii booth at the last minute (sucks for them) so I had 3 extra tickets, and some Gamespy guys bought them off me for $30 each. :peace:

Did you see a game called Alliance: The Silent War?

It's a first person shooter about a family that is fighting a secret war over 90 years. It starts in 1916 and goes to 2006. You fight in tons of different wars, start revolutions, assassinate people, and probably more. There's over 200 real-weapons, all with realistic ballistics, bullet dropping, the works.

They also say you can pit fights between armies from different generations. If you wanted 20 Navy Seals against 100 Germans with MP40s to duke it out, you can.

I don't know when it's coming out though.

Did you see a game called Alliance: The Silent War?

It's a first person shooter about a family that is fighting a secret war over 90 years. It starts in 1916 and goes to 2006. You fight in tons of different wars, start revolutions, assassinate people, and probably more. There's over 200 real-weapons, all with realistic ballistics, bullet dropping, the works.

They also say you can pit fights between armies from different generations. If you wanted 20 Navy Seals against 100 Germans with MP40s to duke it out, you can.

I don't know when it's coming out though.

Ooooohhh....

Wii doesn't suck!!! Did you see the "Spores"?

And what was your company promoting??

Lol was the majority of the food fried stuff and candy?

1. PS3 and Xbox 360 have all the better looking games. Nintendo's console isn't all that great in the technical category either.

2. Our company is promoting a movie called Kung Fu Gekko due out in 2008 and they're making a kid's game to go along with it. It looks like the Pixar animated movies except with higher resolution textures.

3. Food was pizza, burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, fries, nachos, and assorted drinks. I don't think anyone bought candy since no one 18 and younger was allowed in.

Most importantly:

Square's booth babes are HOT. That is all.

As for my pick of the games, for FPS I liked Gears of War, Halo 3 (the trailer was enough to get me drooling), Rainbow Six Vegas, Battlefield 2142, FEAR Extraction Point, and Crysis. RPG and MMORPG, World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, Guild Wars Factions, and *drum roll* FF XII and XIII. The 45 minute Square movie was great. Strategy games, I would go with Civ4 Warlords, Medieval II Total War, and Caesar IV. Oh and Assassin's Creed looked really nice too. I got Robin Williams' and Adam West's autographs too.

As for my pick of the games... ...Halo 3

...why? It'll basically be the same thing as the first two... boring. :boing:

Give me Half-Life any day.

Obviously. But, notice that Half-Life wasn't shown at E3. ;)

(edited)

Wii doesn't suck!!! Did you see the "Spores"?

And what was your company promoting??

Lol was the majority of the food fried stuff and candy?

1. PS3 and Xbox 360 have all the better looking games. Nintendo's console isn't all that great in the technical category either.

Most importantly:

Square's booth babes are HOT. That is all.

Well as far as better looking games, PS has always has always put graphics/cutscenes above quality gameplay anyway, so thats nothing new.. Id rather have better games than better graphics..

Oh and the booth babes, they are hot and all but on G4 they sure seem brainless.. After having a wife breast feed 3 kids #4 almost here, I look at breasts different now, their purpose has changed for me.. LOL

Edited by Batman

Well as far as better looking games, PS has always has always put graphics/cutscenes above quality gameplay anyway, so thats nothing new.. Id rather have better games than better graphics..

Why can't more people understand that? Graphics don't make a game. Look at those text-based games. Some of those RULED and the only graphics they had were the ones in your imagination.

I would play all my old school games like Ultima Underworld/2, System Shock, Command and Conquer, and ALL those ones I have again on an old computer. Those games had hella good gameplay... not to mension their graphics were good for back then....

nevermind >_>

Anyway, battys right. I'd rather have rich quality gameplay, story, and whatnot and have dated graphics in a game now days.

Why can't more people understand that? Graphics don't make a game. Look at those text-based games. Some of those RULED and the only graphics they had were the ones in your imagination.

I would play all my old school games like Ultima Underworld/2, System Shock, Command and Conquer, and ALL those ones I have again on an old computer. Those games had hella good gameplay... not to mension their graphics were good for back then....

nevermind >_>

Anyway, battys right. I'd rather have rich quality gameplay, story, and whatnot and have dated graphics in a game now days.

Yeah, but you gotta admit, graphics kick it up a few notches. ;)

nevermind >_>

Usually, I'm too busy to concentrate on graphics when I'm playing a game. I notice them here and there, but usually I'm too busy trying to play the game. Happened to me when I was playing Oblivion. I spend about 10 minutes total looking at the environment and the rest beating the game.

It's probably just me. :shrug03:

nevermind >_>

Usually, I'm too busy to concentrate on graphics when I'm playing a game. I notice them here and there, but usually I'm too busy trying to play the game. Happened to me when I was playing Oblivion. I spend about 10 minutes total looking at the environment and the rest beating the game.

It's probably just me. :shrug03:

yea

I didn't see it, but from I've heard so far the Wii looks terrible. Remote control? I'm sorry but I don't like controllers as much as keyboards and a remote control just doesn't do it.

I'm with you on some points Jackie. However, if a game does not put any emphasis on the art or graphics then it's not as good as others. Sure I don't want something that puts all the emphasis on graphics but no story, but still you gotta have some eye candy!

However, if a game does not put any emphasis on the art or graphics then it's not as good as others.

That's not even remotely true. Look at World of Warcraft, which uses an engine that only uses a fraction of CPU and GPU power compared to Everquest 2, yet, World of Warcraft has over ten times as many subscribers.

However, if a game does not put any emphasis on the art or graphics then it's not as good as others.

That's not even remotely true. Look at World of Warcraft, which uses an engine that only uses a fraction of CPU and GPU power compared to Everquest 2, yet, World of Warcraft has over ten times as many subscribers.

Ok fine, take the quote as IMO. I still don't know why WoW has so many subscribers and never will but that's just me.

*Don't have to reply to this, already hijacking this enough as it is*