E3

Meatwad

However, if a game does not put any emphasis on the art or graphics then it's not as good as others.

That's not even remotely true. Look at World of Warcraft, which uses an engine that only uses a fraction of CPU and GPU power compared to Everquest 2, yet, World of Warcraft has over ten times as many subscribers.

Ok fine, take the quote as IMO. I still don't know why WoW has so many subscribers and never will but that's just me.

*Don't have to reply to this, already hijacking this enough as it is*

Next thing you know, they're playing text-based games on the Wii. Hahah. Oh.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, if a game does not put any emphasis on the art or graphics then it's not as good as others.

That's not even remotely true. Look at World of Warcraft, which uses an engine that only uses a fraction of CPU and GPU power compared to Everquest 2, yet, World of Warcraft has over ten times as many subscribers.

Ok fine, take the quote as IMO. I still don't know why WoW has so many subscribers and never will but that's just me.

*Don't have to reply to this, already hijacking this enough as it is*

Next thing you know, they're playing text-based games on the Wii. Hahah. Oh.

Yah, then when you turn a corner you have to turn the remote. Imagine the possibilities!

Maybe he really loved Nintendo but he got mad when he found out he had to stand in a three hour line to play the Wii and now he hates them.

Nah, I just prefer the games and features on the Xbox 360 and PS3 more. And it was hilarious watching people fiddle with the remote.

Maybe he really loved Nintendo but he got mad when he found out he had to stand in a three hour line to play the Wii and now he hates them.

Nah, I just prefer the games and features on the Xbox 360 and PS3 more. And it was hilarious watching people fiddle with the remote.

And it's hilarious watching people waste like $400+ on a console.

err

Okay, enough with the console wars. What cool games were there at E3?

No console FPS can compete with Crysis! :D (Interesting fact: Even the trees in Crysis has their own AI scripting, so that they react to your movement and shooting realistically) Though after watching all the game trailers on gametrailers.com, I grew to feel that all the FPS games were just one FPS game with different titles and different monster art. :P

While some just didn't like it, most people who played the Wii said the controller while difficult to get used to initially, was great, once you get used to it. Nintendo may not have the best looking games out there, but they sure have the fun-factor nailed down! :D They're trying to be the console for new gamers who haven't played a game console, rather than the console fanatics, anyhow.

All that, and I feel that folks have gone off the deep end, in their slavish pursuit of graphics glory, and that we've reached the point of diminishing returns on how much graphics can add to a game.

*disengaging rant mode* ... . . . *rant mode, disengaged!* ;)

I hear that Intel had a Conroe/Merom showing there? Any of you check that out? Did they have working systems to play with?

Edited by Goofus Maximus

Nintendo may not have the best looking games out there, but they sure have the fun-factor nailed down! :D They're trying to be the console for new gamers who haven't played a game console, rather than the console fanatics, anyhow.

yay all nintendo consoles hav the "fun factor" nailed. But, Nintendo is clearly the most creative, i mean all their consoles hav different controllers where as xbox 360 control is pretty much same as xbox controller. The same goes with PS.

p.s. i only want the wii so i can super smash bros. brawl =D

I'm still scratching my head as to why they named it Wii. Probably some focus group where they gave the people tons of sugar so they were running around saying "WEEE!"

Anywhoo, to get off from that I also remember hearing that Wii will have a regular controller which you can put the remote in. If that's still true I will buy it, otherwise no way Jose.

Anywhoo, to get off from that I also remember hearing that Wii will have a regular controller which you can put the remote in. If that's still true I will buy it, otherwise no way Jose.

Yeah, I saw a picture of that somewhere..

Ah, Here it is:

wiiclassic.jpg

Yes, I played all those games. Crysis looks NICE, and BF2142 actually had more intense gameplay than I expected. Fast-paced and lots of killing. Plus good graphics. I still can't get enough of flying around blowing things up.

Oh, and the B-button is the chainsaw on your rifle in Gears of War. It was sweet.

Im looking forward to the Wii and maybe the Ps3. I was never a big fan of the Xbox and probably wont convert since all im seeing is more of the same.

Im a fan of innovation - if there is a game out there i've probably played it, i want something new and fresh, and i think a lot of gamers are at that phase where a lot of games feel boring right from the get-go because it doesnt add anything new or original to the gameplay, Halo 3 will probably be a great example of this. I'm not saying its bad, im saying it wont change the genre or the way you play.

The Wii and Ps3 on the otherhand both feature new control methods, the Wii especially.

But to be honest, no console game really has excited me much at E3 yet. The ONLY one i was remotely interested in was The new Smash Bros because its such a big tournament game - i will probably buy a Wii just for that game.

PC games on the otherhand are simply 'booming' with innovation, with the likes of Spore and Bioshock, I can't wait for some of the killer PC titles.

Im looking forward to the Wii and maybe the Ps3. I was never a big fan of the Xbox and probably wont convert since all im seeing is more of the same.

Im a fan of innovation - if there is a game out there i've probably played it, i want something new and fresh, and i think a lot of gamers are at that phase where a lot of games feel boring right from the get-go because it doesnt add anything new or original to the gameplay, Halo 3 will probably be a great example of this. I'm not saying its bad, im saying it wont change the genre or the way you play.

The Wii and Ps3 on the otherhand both feature new control methods, the Wii especially.

But to be honest, no console game really has excited me much at E3 yet. The ONLY one i was remotely interested in was The new Smash Bros because its such a big tournament game - i will probably buy a Wii just for that game.

PC games on the otherhand are simply 'booming' with innovation, with the likes of Spore and Bioshock, I can't wait for some of the killer PC titles.

Same I'm getting the Wii for Super Smash bros. and the new Zelda.

FF XII and XIII looked pretty nice, so I might get a PS3, but for the most part, the PC still dominates the competition: more variety and the best games. I might start heading back to strategy games, Medieval II Total War and Caesar IV looked pretty nice to me.

FF XII and XIII looked pretty nice, so I might get a PS3, but for the most part, the PC still dominates the competition: more variety and the best games. I might start heading back to strategy games, Medieval II Total War and Caesar IV looked pretty nice to me.

Well it's obvious. PC is the leader of gaming with the options, the customization etc. :wiggle2:

Anyone else see Windows Vista? I couldn't get in to try it, whenever I passed that corner in the Microsoft booth there was always someone already there :bang: Well, could just be my bad luck.

Were they just showing the beta?

GC Alumni
(edited)

Wii doesn't suck!!! Did you see the "Spores"?

And what was your company promoting??

Lol was the majority of the food fried stuff and candy?

1. PS3 and Xbox 360 have all the better looking games. Nintendo's console isn't all that great in the technical category either.

Most importantly:

Square's booth babes are HOT. That is all.

Well as far as better looking games, PS has always has always put graphics/cutscenes above quality gameplay anyway, so thats nothing new.. Id rather have better games than better graphics..

Oh and the booth babes, they are hot and all but on G4 they sure seem brainless.. After having a wife breast feed 3 kids #4 almost here, I look at breasts different now, their purpose has changed for me.. LOL

heheh not saying PS3 or 360 sux either... I have a 360 so useful for things other then games!!! O_o Stil trying to get to work as a tivo :P I hear playstation too... but unfortunatley if they are going to be release very close to each other i can only pick one.

see anything super odd??? O_o

Edited by EbilDustBunny

Anyone else see Windows Vista? I couldn't get in to try it, whenever I passed that corner in the Microsoft booth there was always someone already there :bang: Well, could just be my bad luck.

Think so.

Think so.

Ahhh nvm I've seen my friend's copy already, so physched for it.

• 2 weeks later...